This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

All kinds of issues please help..

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok im not sure im in right place for this but here goes (Windows XP) I'm currently on my girlfriends PC I've had this website on my favorites for some time. the self help issues have helped in the past But now for some reason I cant access this site on my PC nor can I click certain kinda links or search. mainly ANYTHING to do with fixing my pc or spy-ware malware type topics it either says "unable to connect" on firefox, or "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". It loads up Homepage and other favorites like " detroitpistons.com, nba.com " without issues. So i cant download any of the suggested things in the self help or HI-jack this. A few times of trying to run searches for this site and others I get a spy ware scan-download option witch i close out of. Also have had desk top icons and bars disappear on me have had to pull power then turn pc back on to get them bk up..that has only happend once thats a few of the problems Ive been having also I cant do a sytem restore, I can find a restore point but when I click next to do it it does nothing. I also play final fantasy XI online and a few times have been booted with a pop up that tells me to save things before system restart(and gives a count down) then it restarts. Also everytime I log on my firewall has been shut off . get issues like IE error must shut down so on.. get that on YIM,myspaceIM and other programs. Not sure if you can help or what you suggest but any and all help will be greatfull …thx in advance
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums
:welcome:
also a very Happy Christmas to you..

The problem sounds as though it could be malware related as a number of malicious elements prevent access to certain Internet sites (to protect themselves! from removal!)

You will need to ask a malware removal expert to assist you with analysing your HJT log and determining the best cleaning strategy for your machine…….Please have a look here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly so your HJT log is pasted in the correct forum ( not here in this sub forum please).
Please remember not to to "follow up" on your posting of the HJT log until a malware removal expert responds as they look firstly for posts with zero responses.
Once your machine has been declared "clean of malware" please post back here in this thread if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help
Regards and good luck
paws
ok I downloaded hijackthis and malwarebytes' to my desktop but my computer will not let me run the install for either programs. any solution or ways around this matter? Im still not able to get on this site from my PC.
Hi,
I see that you have posted a topic in the malware removal forum, so we should now wait until an accredited malware removal export responds to your log.
We do not offer malware removal advice in this subforum here, but to assist you as far as we can you may care to rename the HijackThis executable to iseeyou.exe and the malwarebytes executable to dalmore.exe and see if this helps…..in any event your response should be made in the thread you opened here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Please_help_…623#entry512623

When you make your response in that thread please enclose a link to this thread here so that the malware removal expert knows what's been going on.
Regards
paws
Hi Dalmore,
I see that you have been waiting a while for a malware expert to respond to your HJT log over in the malware removal forum.
The experts over there look first for unanswered logs so because you have made a number of posts in that thread , it would give the impression that you were receiving assistance.
To remedy the situation please go here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t83910.html
If you leave a brief request for a review I'm sure one of the experts will respond
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI