This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Random Audios when IE is opened

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So almost everytime i open my IE, Random Audio will start playing.
i tried scanning with anything possible and i cannot get the dayam chinese to STOPP! :smack:
Any help would be fine..
Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

anyways heres my log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:01:08 AM, on 12/22/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
I:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Programs\Apple\iTunesHelper.exe
I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Programs\Veoh\VeohClient.exe
C:\Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
I:\Program Files\WiFiConnector\NintendoWFCReg.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmagr.exe
I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
I:\Program Files\FlashGet\flashget.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
I:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Programs\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\getflash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Programs\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioDeck] I:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\SBADeck\ADeck.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] I:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "I:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Programs\Apple\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VGARUN] REGVGA.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Programs\Java\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "I:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] I:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Veoh] "C:\Programs\Veoh\VeohClient.exe" /VeohHide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\games\cs\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Programs\New Folder\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Programs\New Folder\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Programs\New Folder\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O4 - Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Run Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Registration Tool.lnk = I:\Program Files\WiFiConnector\NintendoWFCReg.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download All with FlashGet - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with FlashGet - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://I:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - I:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - I:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…toUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://prerelease.trendmicro-europe.com/ho…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Solit…wn.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…toUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-CA/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab56907.cab
O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab56986.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - I:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Programs\Java\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LVCOMSer - Logitech Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

–
End of file - 10792 bytes
[external image: Posted Image]

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix, Vundofix, or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.




Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

I suggest you do this:

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.


Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.


Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.

Next:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected .
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
  • Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
Also "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
The comp was a little slow at start cause of the ATF cleaner, but it got back to normal pretty quick.
So far, there has been no random audio, but then again its only been 10min since i did what i was told.
sooo i would say, so far so good?


Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:55:49 PM, on 12/23/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
I:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
I:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\SBADeck\ADeck.exe
C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Programs\Apple\iTunesHelper.exe
I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe
C:\Programs\Java\bin\jusched.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dpupdchk.exe
C:\Programs\Veoh\VeohClient.exe
C:\Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Programs\Java\bin\jqs.exe
I:\Program Files\WiFiConnector\NintendoWFCReg.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Programs\Hijack\HijackThis.exe
I:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\getflash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Programs\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioDeck] I:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\SBADeck\ADeck.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] I:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "I:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Programs\Apple\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VGARUN] REGVGA.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Programs\Java\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "I:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] I:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Veoh] "C:\Programs\Veoh\VeohClient.exe" /VeohHide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\games\cs\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Run Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Registration Tool.lnk = I:\Program Files\WiFiConnector\NintendoWFCReg.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download All with FlashGet - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with FlashGet - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://I:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - I:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - I:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…toUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://prerelease.trendmicro-europe.com/ho…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Solit…wn.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…toUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-CA/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab56907.cab
O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab56986.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - I:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Programs\Java\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LVCOMSer - Logitech Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

–
End of file - 11037 bytes
oh sorry.
my comp has been fine since i did what you asked me to do.

heres my log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:56:49 PM, on 1/4/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
I:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe
C:\Programs\Apple\iTunesHelper.exe
I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\dpupdchk.exe
C:\Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
I:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
I:\Program Files\WiFiConnector\NintendoWFCReg.exe
I:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
I:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
I:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
I:\Program Files\FlashGet\flashget.exe
I:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
I:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Programs\Hijack\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - I:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\getflash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - I:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NBKeyScan] "I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBKeyScan.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioDeck] I:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\SBADeck\ADeck.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] I:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "I:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VGARUN] REGVGA.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "I:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "I:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Programs\Apple\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "I:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "I:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "I:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] I:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\games\cs\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [VeohPlugin] "I:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\veohwebplayer.exe"
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Run Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Registration Tool.lnk = I:\Program Files\WiFiConnector\NintendoWFCReg.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download All with FlashGet - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with FlashGet - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://I:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - I:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - I:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\Programs\OFFICE~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - I:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Programs\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - I:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…toUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://prerelease.trendmicro-europe.com/ho…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C051655-FCD5-4969-9182-770EA5AA5565} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Solit…wn.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…toUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-CA/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://dl8-cdn-01.sun.com/s/ESD5/JSCDL/jre…ows-i586-jc.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab56907.cab
O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS…er.cab56986.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Programs\OFFICE PROGRAMS\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - I:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - I:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LVCOMSer - Logitech Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - I:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - I:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - I:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

–
End of file - 11565 bytes


is there anything on there that i dont need?!?
We could do a little cleanup and speed it up.

1.Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2.Next, open Add/Remove Programs and remove if listed:
Bonjour


Run hijackthis. Hit None of the above, Click Do a System Scan Only. Put a checkmark/tick in the box on the left side on these:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "I:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "I:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - Startup: Logitech . Product Registration.lnk = I:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://prerelease.trendmicro-europe.com/ho…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - I:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

After the above:


Here's my usual all clean post

Log looks good :D


Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Click Start Menu > Run > copy and paste

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it (something you'll remember) and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.


Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

  • Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    • Click once on the Security tab
    • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    • Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  • Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week
    (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
  • Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly.
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
    If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site
    until there are no more critical updates.

  • Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly.
    Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
thanks man. appreciate everything.. one more question before you can lock up this tread, whats the best free anti virus and firewall program out there?
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI