lowdownstudios
Topic Starter
I noticed I was infected when I did a Google search and no matter what result link I clicked on I was being routed to various different sites.
Then when I tried to get updates for my adaware, search & destroy, and avg the updates downloads failed.
I ran the software anyway even though I wasn't able to get the updates, they found a few things and I removed them.
Just out of curiosity I downloaded F-Secure which is the security software recommended by my internet provider, the software installed fine but I could not get update/download threw it either. Also when I went to do a scan without the updates/download with F-Secure it would not allow me to check the scan box.
I also attempted to do a Windows automatic update and it failed as well.
I then followed the steps from this forum "before you post hijack this log" rebooted my machine when malware bytes prompted me to.
I tried a Windows auto update again, and it still fails.
Then I ran Hijack This and and got a log, here it is attached.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:49:02 AM, on 12/6/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\A-SQUARED FREE\a2service.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\VTTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrUI.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\Program Files\InterMute\PopSubtract\PopSub.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSAUA\program\fsus.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSGUI\fsavgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://portal.wowway.com/index.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Drive Manager] C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSGUI\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003 Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE (User '?')
O4 - S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003 Startup: IMStart.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\IMStart.exe (User '?')
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: AutoTBar.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O4 - Startup: IMStart.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\IMStart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PopSubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\PopSubtract\PopSub.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/oas/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1228341956825
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - C:\PROGRAM FILES\A-SQUARED FREE\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Management Agent (FSMA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: WD Drive Manager Service (WDBtnMgrSvc.exe) - WDC - C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrSvc.exe
–
End of file - 6605 bytes
Then when I tried to get updates for my adaware, search & destroy, and avg the updates downloads failed.
I ran the software anyway even though I wasn't able to get the updates, they found a few things and I removed them.
Just out of curiosity I downloaded F-Secure which is the security software recommended by my internet provider, the software installed fine but I could not get update/download threw it either. Also when I went to do a scan without the updates/download with F-Secure it would not allow me to check the scan box.
I also attempted to do a Windows automatic update and it failed as well.
I then followed the steps from this forum "before you post hijack this log" rebooted my machine when malware bytes prompted me to.
I tried a Windows auto update again, and it still fails.
Then I ran Hijack This and and got a log, here it is attached.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:49:02 AM, on 12/6/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\A-SQUARED FREE\a2service.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\VTTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrUI.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\Program Files\InterMute\PopSubtract\PopSub.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSAUA\program\fsus.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSGUI\fsavgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a;…&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://portal.wowway.com/index.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Drive Manager] C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSGUI\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003\..\Run: [BackupNotify] c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\backupnotify.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003 Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE (User '?')
O4 - S-1-5-21-2699308062-2599229480-6037751-1003 Startup: IMStart.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\IMStart.exe (User '?')
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: AutoTBar.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O4 - Startup: IMStart.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\IMStart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: PopSubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\PopSubtract\PopSub.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/oas/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1228341956825
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - C:\PROGRAM FILES\A-SQUARED FREE\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: EpsonBidirectionalService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\eEBSVC.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FSAUA\program\fsaua.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Management Agent (FSMA) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure PC Protection Plus\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: WD Drive Manager Service (WDBtnMgrSvc.exe) - WDC - C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\WDBtnMgrSvc.exe
–
End of file - 6605 bytes