This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Another question help if you can

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was wondering if any of you have ever gotten a program called GPLForever, for those who haven't it's a camera control master for games such as Nascar racing 2003 season. well suposedly when you use it you can control the camera when you are in the pit lane cam (if you hit delete) and roof cam (when you hit insert). But when I try it doesn't work and it's all set-up to work but it wont. I'm running on a vista computer and some vista users have gotten it to work but are too self absorbed to even tell other vista users, they come up with lines like this: "Oh uh I forgot…" which is a bunch of bull.. So can anyone help?
So much for "camaraderie" amongst gamers! :unsure: Seems like all is fair in Love, War, and Nascar Racing. I hope you get it sorted. It is such a "specific" question, that I would not know how to approach it, not being a gamer myself. But no doubt some other of our fine member ship will come along to assist. I'm glad you decided to become a part of our community. Best Regards, Doug

So much for "camaraderie" amongst gamers! :unsure:

Seems like all is fair in Love, War, and Nascar Racing.

I hope you get it sorted.
It is such a "specific" question, that I would not know how to approach it, not being a gamer myself.

But no doubt some other of our fine member ship will come along to assist.

I'm glad you decided to become a part of our community.

Best Regards,
Doug

Haha no kidding :P.

I'm glad some one pointed me to you guys :).
Greetings all

Yes, I can see what you are up against here. The Camera control manager software hasnt been updated as far as I can see since 2005 by the Author. Most of the postings on this topic is very old as well, around the 2005 time frame.

Best I can find as well is a tutorial about installation and configuration from October of 2008. See if any of this is of use

http://www.adrenalinegrafx.com/forum/viewt…p;thread_id=758

Any thought of trying to contact the author of this to see if he/she would help. Peter van der Burg aka GPLFOREVER?

http://www.buli.demon.nl/gplforever/ccm.htm

You will find his email link at the bottom of the page



Good luck

Kaz
Hey :)

Just thought I'll lay down my 2-Cents also.

Have you tried running the program(s) as administrator?

A qualified guess would be that the GPLForever maybe need
to access some root-files, and this won't be allowed by the UAC.

Turning off UAC
(Remember to turn it on again when finished trying it, it is after all a security setting)

Another thing to try, would be to try run it in WinXp compatibility.


Regards Abydos

Greetings all

Yes, I can see what you are up against here. The Camera control manager software hasnt been updated as far as I can see since 2005 by the Author. Most of the postings on this topic is very old as well, around the 2005 time frame.

Best I can find as well is a tutorial about installation and configuration from October of 2008. See if any of this is of use

http://www.adrenalinegrafx.com/forum/viewt…p;thread_id=758

Any thought of trying to contact the author of this to see if he/she would help. Peter van der Burg aka GPLFOREVER?

http://www.buli.demon.nl/gplforever/ccm.htm

You will find his email link at the bottom of the page



Good luck

Kaz

Na.. That didn't help :(. The first link doesn't help vista users :(. and actually yes I have tried to contact the creator but it failed to send any of my messages..

Hey :)

Just thought I'll lay down my 2-Cents also.

Have you tried running the program(s) as administrator?

A qualified guess would be that the GPLForever maybe need
to access some root-files, and this won't be allowed by the UAC.

Turning off UAC
(Remember to turn it on again when finished trying it, it is after all a security setting)

Another thing to try, would be to try run it in WinXp compatibility.


Regards Abydos

Well I've tried both the compatibility mode and running as admin but I'll give the UAC a shot.

Hey again :)

Only possible useful thing I've discovered in my search, is in this thread:

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.p…amp;postcount=6

At least he is claiming to have run it under several different OS's.

Other than that, I don't think I can be of much use, as I don't know the game nor the program
you are trying to run along with it.


Regards Abydos

Hmm i'll sign up for the website and PM im for a step by step. thanks for the help :).
Hey sonykicks, I finally got my CameraControlMasterv3.4 working inside NR2003 with Vista32 this morning. I'm overjoyed!!! Hope the following works for you!

Here's what I did after days upon days of trial & error, and lots of searching….

I originally tried using it in NR2003 and Vista with a 32bit GameResolution to get windowed mode. But then, changed it to 16bit Resolution to see if that worked (It didn't). I came accross this thead just the other day and tried the turning off the UAC option that Abydos suggested, and it still didn't work. Until…This morning, with UAC off, I brought the games screen resolution back up to 32bit and in windowed mode. And it works!!!!!

Hoping greatly that this works for you!

sf4JC
:welcome: sf4JC,

Very good of you to post your fix here on the forum……thank you very much for taking the time to do so.

Come and see us often, when you do, post if you have a problem and also if you can help in the manner you did this morning my time.

Best regards,
Thanks tallin, I've been at this problem for some time now. Thought I'd lend a helping hand if I could when I found the answer this morning. I'm unsure as to whether this topic is supposed to be secret, or people just don't care to post (After all I guess, the sim is in its almost 7th year, with GPL going back even further). I still can't get enough of NR2003 when I make time for it. He was right about not many helping hands for this topic, I just happenned to find the partial answer to my question in this thread with the UAC option. Now I can get back into editing and making videos for myself in NR2003.

Thanks Again,

sf4JC
Hi sf4JC, I can assure you this is not a secret topic, if it were you and I would not be here talking to one another… :huh: I think knowledge and research is lacking in this thread for this topic, that is why you find not allot of meaty replies to it. The important thing is it partially helped you and that is encouraging. Thanks again for caring, it is a good feeling when you can help wouldn't you agree. regards,

Hey sonykicks, I finally got my CameraControlMasterv3.4 working inside NR2003 with Vista32 this morning. I'm overjoyed!!! Hope the following works for you!

Here's what I did after days upon days of trial & error, and lots of searching….

I originally tried using it in NR2003 and Vista with a 32bit GameResolution to get windowed mode. But then, changed it to 16bit Resolution to see if that worked (It didn't). I came accross this thead just the other day and tried the turning off the UAC option that Abydos suggested, and it still didn't work. Until…This morning, with UAC off, I brought the games screen resolution back up to 32bit and in windowed mode. And it works!!!!!

Hoping greatly that this works for you!

sf4JC


32 bit? annnddd I don't believe it will ever work for me :( though I am running the same vista as you

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI