gtbase
Topic Starter
I am infected with Smitfraud. I went to the self-help forum and downloaded the two suggested programs (SmitfraudFix & Malwarebytes). I did the Malwarebytes Scan and I am posting the results; but when I did the SmitFraud Fix and selected option 1 "Search" I get an error message "AntiXPVSTFix.ex.exe has generated errors and will be shut down. You must restart the program"
Here are the two reports beginning with the HJT log.
PLEASE NOTE: I posted a different message the other day, but because one of the problems I am having is that ie generates an error when I try to post to message boards, I had three replies to my own message, so therefore I think the techs thought I was getting help because I didn't get any answers. I couldn't figure out how to delete my thread/post so I'm starting a new one here. Please forgive me.
Here are the logs:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 16:19:49, on 11/5/2008
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb01.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hpha2mon.exe
C:\Program Files\Labtec\Labtec Mouse Software\1.0\lwbwheel.exe
C:\Program Files\FarStone\RestoreIT!\RestoreIT!_2K\VBPTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~2\ONETOU~2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\HPHipm08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar5.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar5.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb01.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHA2MON] C:\WINNT\system32\hpha2mon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Labtec\Labtec Mouse Software\1.0\lwbwheel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RestoreIT!] "C:\Program Files\FarStone\RestoreIT!\RestoreIT!_2K\VBPTASK.EXE" VBStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~2\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMax] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingA8391] command /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingC859] cmd /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingB1992] command /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingD8871] cmd /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30985566-E01F-11D2-85DB-EA44DE000000} (IRTHMapDisplay Control) - https://irth.digsafelynewyork.com/IrthInter…HMapDisplay.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/…lscbase6662.cab
O16 - DPF: {62789780-B744-11D0-986B-00609731A21D} (Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control) - https://irth.digsafelynewyork.com/IrthInter…ry/mgaxctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750203-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/…_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {87BE3784-6977-4E84-AA08-55A96B9CEAC5} (Bl_camera Control) - http://catcam2.viewnetcam.com:4002/bl_camera.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A7207513-03D6-4CA7-9339-36869DC869BD}: NameServer = 206.231.8.2 206.231.8.3
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINNT\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
–
End of file - 6660 bytes
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1368
Windows 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4
11/5/2008 4:10:52 PM
mbam-log-2008-11-05 (16-10-52).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 39616
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 9 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{87255c51-cd7d-4506-b9ad-97606daf53f3} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
C:\WINNT\system32\gcomd32.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Here are the two reports beginning with the HJT log.
PLEASE NOTE: I posted a different message the other day, but because one of the problems I am having is that ie generates an error when I try to post to message boards, I had three replies to my own message, so therefore I think the techs thought I was getting help because I didn't get any answers. I couldn't figure out how to delete my thread/post so I'm starting a new one here. Please forgive me.
Here are the logs:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 16:19:49, on 11/5/2008
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb01.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hpha2mon.exe
C:\Program Files\Labtec\Labtec Mouse Software\1.0\lwbwheel.exe
C:\Program Files\FarStone\RestoreIT!\RestoreIT!_2K\VBPTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~2\ONETOU~2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\HPHipm08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar5.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar5.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb01.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHA2MON] C:\WINNT\system32\hpha2mon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Labtec\Labtec Mouse Software\1.0\lwbwheel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RestoreIT!] "C:\Program Files\FarStone\RestoreIT!\RestoreIT!_2K\VBPTASK.EXE" VBStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~2\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMax] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingA8391] command /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingC859] cmd /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingB1992] command /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingD8871] cmd /c del "C:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt_tobedeleted"
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [^SetupICWDesktop] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\icwconn1.exe /desktop (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30985566-E01F-11D2-85DB-EA44DE000000} (IRTHMapDisplay Control) - https://irth.digsafelynewyork.com/IrthInter…HMapDisplay.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/…lscbase6662.cab
O16 - DPF: {62789780-B744-11D0-986B-00609731A21D} (Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control) - https://irth.digsafelynewyork.com/IrthInter…ry/mgaxctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750203-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/…_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {87BE3784-6977-4E84-AA08-55A96B9CEAC5} (Bl_camera Control) - http://catcam2.viewnetcam.com:4002/bl_camera.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A7207513-03D6-4CA7-9339-36869DC869BD}: NameServer = 206.231.8.2 206.231.8.3
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINNT\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
–
End of file - 6660 bytes
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1368
Windows 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4
11/5/2008 4:10:52 PM
mbam-log-2008-11-05 (16-10-52).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 39616
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 9 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{87255c51-cd7d-4506-b9ad-97606daf53f3} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
C:\WINNT\system32\gcomd32.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.