This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Hard drive/ Remains of last partition and format

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So it comes to my attention that when you reformat and or delete information on a hard drive, it does not go away completely. I was given a computer from some one i had previously worked with. I assured them i could reformat the hard drive and any info they had on their would be gone and they would have no worries of identity theft or anything of that nature. I'm just hoping i can stick to my word with this. I would hate to be responsible for something like that. Any suggestions anyone? Chris
If you really want a good go at it, you could try running DBAN. Set it to run many times (it will take forever), and only the most professional of professionals will be able to get the data back off it.

If you really want it 100% guaranteed the data is not accessible any longer, you'll need to physically destroy the drive and spread the grinded remains in the winds…

Cheers

Troy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI