This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Trojan Spammed as Microsoft Security Update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Was not sure where I should post this, I have not been Infected :thumbup: There's a new Trojan being spammed in email disguised as a Microsoft security update. The email has the subject line "Security Update for OS Microsoft Windows", and carries a malicious attachment touted as an "experimental private version of an update for all Microsoft Windows OS users". Instead of a security patch, those who open the attachment will infect their system with a variant of Haxdoor, a backdoor Trojan which uses rootkit technology to hide its presence.
Hi Jkc73, Thanks for the information. I have moved your topic to this sub-forum here "Security Advisories & vulnerabilities. It just serves to reinforce the point that Microsoft do not send out updates/patches as attachments to emails…hopefully your warning may help protect some folks who otherwise might have been tempted to click where they definitely shouldn't! Regards paws