This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Svchost - Application error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi My system is showing up with Svchost.exe - Application error instruction at "0x00000000(not sure how many 0s)" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read" It started 2 days ago and i can't do anything once i got that message and i pressed ok. When i reboot my computer, everything seems fine. Please help me! Thanks
Hello litchking21st,

I see no one had welcomed you to the forum, so :welcome:

I also read your HJT log. Not allot wrong and BHowett as usual did a great job looking after you.

I would not hurt for you to do a memory test from this link.

Windows Memory Diagnostic information

Keep us posted with results at hand.

kind regards,
What happened 2 days ago? Did you install something new? Since this was only 2 days ago, I might try a System Restore if your RAM checks out okay.
I think i might have fixed it yesterday when i did a manual microsoft update…. And also i didn't install new software except for avast home edition. I ran the memory test and there were no errors ^_^

I think i might have fixed it yesterday when i did a manual microsoft update…. And also i didn't install new software except for avast home edition.
I ran the memory test and there were no errors ^_^

lichking21th,

:thumbup: Glad you have corrected your problem.

best regards,

And also i didn't install new software except for avast home edition.

:o That's a big "except"! Especially noting it is a security application, a type that typically sets hooks deep in the dark recesses of the operating system.

At any rate, I am glad you got it sorted out and thanks for the followup.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI