Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Question about the programs I am using to protect my computer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 pbwood

pbwood

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

OK, so I tried to uninstall Kerio, but I get an error message....'An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified.' And there is no uninstall option when I go through the Start- All Programs- and select Kerio. Do you know of any other way to uninstall a prog? The only other way I know is to just delete all the files, even though that wont REALLY uninstall the program. Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

Please try to uninstall through Add and Remove first, if that fails, post back and I will send you a couple of good programs that will nip it in the bud................hopefully...

Have you downloaded ZoneAlarm to your desktop?

Please don't delete the files at this stage.

keep me posted.

#18 pbwood

pbwood

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, add and remove is where I was trying to uninstall it from. Yes I have downloaded ZoneAlarm, just not installed it yet.

#19 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:13 PM

Please try this first, Windows Install Cleanup Utility. It will only work if you installed your Firewall through Windows Dowload Manager.

If the above fails, go to Revo. A very good program, but once you decide on your program to uninstall there is no turning back. Please use with care. Please disconnect from the net, clear you temp folder and reboot, before installing Zone Alarm off internet.

good luck,

#20 pbwood

pbwood

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

No luck with the Windows Utility, Kerio was not listed when I ran that program. Guess I will have to try Revo. Update......I just tried Revo, no luck there either. I keep getting the same error message. Guess I can try to re-install it, gonna need luck finding it though. Ok..another update...I got lucky and found a website to download the prog again. Then I was able to use Windows Add and Remove to get rid of it.....geez that was an ordeal.

Edited by pbwood, 14 September 2008 - 11:11 PM.