I've got quite a few problems with my Windows XP.. cannot load Nvcpl.dll and cannot load a lot of start up stuff when I start my computer. Then eventually will freeze after 10 mins of usuage. Then Roschach112 helped me and my computer gotten a little better. At least it won't freeze every 10 minutes. However the computer cannot run a lot of .exe programs. When Rochach112 tries to help me with different virus scanners, I cannot run or install them. So I am pretty stuck here. He sent me over here to help! Thanks.
Hi,
Please take the opportunity now to bring your back up/archive/copy of all your important stuff 100% up to date, check that it's accurate, reproducible and held securely on removable media (not your hard drive)……
the idea here is to ensure that all your important data, files, spreadsheets, work, music, emails, log in details, user names, address book, drivers, letters, invoices, videos etc….in fact everything that is important to you (stuff that you would not like to permanently lose) is kept safe on external media.
Whilst you are doing this collect together all your application installation discs (or downloaded installation executables) serial numbers, product licence keys (including the one
for Windows itself and the Microsoft Windows installation disc and or Manufacturer's Restore and Driver /utilities discs. If you have made a disc image then keep this safe also on removable media and ensure you have made a bootable CD/DVD for use in the event that Windows will not start.
Your HJT logs indicate that Peer to Peer file sharing (P2P) applications have been installed on this machine.
P2P file sharing is a well known vector for the spread of infections and malicious code……. . Please uninstall all P2P programmes (Bit Comet, Limewire etc) and post back confirming this has been done, so that we can advise the next steps.
Regards
paws
Hi paws, thanks for the help! However, I will be going on a trip tomorrow for 7 days. I'll do as you suggested as soon as I come back. I'll post again after I've done what you've suggested. Thanks!