Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

"Undisclosed Recipients"

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

Vectris;...Thanks for your suggestion....FYI...I Googled;..."How do you stop "Undisclosed Recipients" & got 1000's of listings....NONE of which has an answer....( I did not read them all ).....I would think ( I'm sure ) that some programmer could come up with a system that would target "Undisclosed Recipients" ONLY & either block or delete them automatically... As we know they ARE ALL scams , so nothing lost....It could be downloadable or purchased on CD or online....I KNOW the brains are out there , but don't know how to contact them....And if they do create a program & it works, they could make a TON of cash selling it.....Imagine the market for it ...Millions would buy it.....If you or anyone else knows such a person or group , PLEASE contact them & pass this idea on to them.....Thank you VERY , VERY much ................:popcorn:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

Well really they already have that type of "program", it's automatically incorporated into e-mails though. What e-mail do you have? It all depends on your e-mail service, from the sound of it yours sucks at stopping spam. I use hotmail and it has it's own spam folder that has never missed a spam e-mail yet. I suggest you switch to it if your spam is not getting blocked, that is if your e-mail isn't too widely used, otherwise switching can be devastating and something that you can't do.
The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield

#18 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Hi Ron, If you use Outlook Express you could try this: 1 Click on Tools> Message Rules> Mail 2 Click so there's a tick in the box beside "Where the To line contains people" In the next section click, so there's a tick beside "Delete it" In the "rule description" box the words contains people will be underlined, click on it and type Undisclosed Recipients in the first box that appears. Click OK And you have set up Outlook Express to filter out a lot more spam. but remember not all messages that are to Undisclosed Recipients are spam...but a lot are! Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#19 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:46 PM

Vectris;......I am using NetZero Message Center...I just recieved 3 spams ( All the same ) from a "Mark Anthony" with an attachment that no way in hell am I going to open ... ...I am really leary of changing my email service as I'm afraid of complications...Lost contacts , lost email ,may need new email address , etc...My email is sorta widely used so , I may have a problem & have to live with it...I will contact NetZero after I enter this & let you know the results.... :smack: Now for paws: I assume you've read this & see that I do not use Outlook Express...I will consider it tho & remember your tip...Thanks to BOTH of you for your replies...........PS; After a few days , I'm going te delete the spam portion to save space in this thread... :).....Edit;....Aug,26,2008...I removed the spam from this post for obvious reasons....Ron.M

Edited by Ron.M, 26 August 2008 - 03:11 PM.

#20 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

By netzeromessenger you mean that when you check your e-mail you just go to www.netzero.com and log-in right? Or what site do you go to to check your e-mail? If you give me a link I will sign-up for the e-mail and take a look at the options to see if I can find spam-block related ones to help you out.
The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield

#21 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Vectris: 1st let me answer your recent post...I just go online & I get a graphic where I can go online ( goes to web automatically ) &/or select mailbox...It is part of NetZero.com....It is password protected....I do not know how to setup links yet...Just basically click on them....Now some GOOD news;...... :D......... I just got an email from NetZero....They say they HAVE a method to stop "Undisclosed Recipients".....According to them this will delete those emails before I get them...I am having a beginners problem trying to set this up....It's under Settings called "Sort & Delete"....Give me a couple of days to get it set-up & I'll let you all know how well it works.... :woot:

Edited by Ron.M, 22 August 2008 - 02:11 PM.

#22 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

:) Dear People: I'm back...Some GOOD news...After some confusing emails back & forth from NetZero support , they DO have a way to STOP & DELETE "Undisclosed Recipients"...You have to go to "Sort & Delete" under "Settings"...The confusing part was how to set it up...Hopefully it's set up correctly....We'll see....As I DO get these emails on a regular basis , it won't be long to find out....I'LL reply in a few days to report on success or failure.... .. :whistling: .... MANY thanks to ALL who replied....

#23 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

:wavey: Dear People: Good news...After some trial & error attempts , it WORKS !!!...... :woot: ....This is what I finally figured out that does the job..... NetZero can automatically sort your new mail when you sign into Message Center. To reorder your Sort & Delete settings, select a setting and click on the arrows next to the box below. Please note that your Sort & Delete settings will be applied in the order listed below. Once you have completed your changes, click the Save button. To add a new Sort & Delete setting or change an existing Sort & Delete setting, use the Create, Edit and Delete links below. Create | Edit | Delete Undisclosed Recipients: If it is not sent directly to me then delete ... <<-----EDIT: this is how I set it up.... It does appear to DELETE Undisclosed Recipients...EDIT...Wellll, Some are sneaking thru , DAMMM.... However some with a different name on the "To" line are sent to my "Trash" folder....No big deal,my choice to open or delete.... Now I realize that I'LL miss SOME legit emails using that term...However they will be few & far between and if they were smart they wouldn't send them that way....Sometimes you have to sacrafice a few to benefit the many...<<---Famous quote by ???...................So that'll work.......Again MANY thanks to ALL who replied & helped.....& have a SAFE & HAPPY Labor Day holiday weekend....... .............:thumbup: ................. :popcorn:................FINAL EDIT!!!...8/30/08....It's NOT deleting them as they are supposed to...It's sending them to "Trash"....More emails to NetZero on the way ! !...:rant2:

Edited by Ron.M, 30 August 2008 - 04:53 PM.