Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I am not able to download anything

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

i dont know which add ons it is.....from the blockbuster website it said i needed an add on to start downloading....I have no interest in downloading IE, i just wanted to download it because FIrefox was giving me problems with the add ons.....so how can i fix that and the yahoo widgets

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

Alright I'll take a look at the Blockbuster thing. As for yahoo widgets, what is the EXACT problem with that? Is it... 1. You can not download the Yahoo Widget base program (I'm not talking about the widgets themselves but the actually program that runs them). 2. You can download the Yahoo Widget base program but it does not install. 3. You have the Yahoo Widget base program, it's installed, but you can not download Yahoo Widgets themselves. or 4. You have the Yahoo Widget base program, it's installed and you have downloaded other Widgets but they do not run. EDIT: I have to go soon so please reply as soon as you can. Also what where you trying to do at blockbuster? You were trying to download movie rentals right? Or was it something else?

Edited by Vectris, 10 August 2008 - 02:28 PM.

The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield

#18 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Nothing works for Yahoo Widgets....download movie rentals it says you have to have the add ons first for it to work

#19 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

Alright I need to know what you have tried to do with Yahoo Widgets. Saying it didn't work doesn't help much. I need to know exactly what didn't work. As in when you went to there site and clicked download Yahoo Widgets, it wouldn't download. Thats an example of how it didn't work. Give me your problem in that format.

As for blockbuster I'm pretty sure this is the problem your having, wait for the picture to load and then tell me if that's what it your talking about, note the red box at the top saying I need an add-on, that's your problem right?

Click on it to make it bigger if you need to.
Posted Image

As for yahoo widgets, tell me what happens when you try to download it through this link.

http://download.yimg...2/widgetsus.exe

It should pop-up asking you to save it, save it to your desktop and let it download while you respond to this post.

Edited by Vectris, 10 August 2008 - 02:34 PM.

#20 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

that is what the blockbuster looks like........currently downloading widget

#21 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

Alright well I have to go, I'll be gone for a couple hours max but when I get back I'll check this topic again. Here are my last responses for now.

Blockbuster Problem:

You need an add-on to fix that, like you were saying. The add-on actually says it is for FF 3 so go here and tell me EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS when you try to click the button called "Add to Firefox (Windows)". If it works and you get the add-on, then go back to blockbuster and see if starts working there.

https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/1419

Yahoo Widgets:

I'm guessing you just didn't find the right download, tell me what happens once you get it. Also once it finishes you probably have to run the file, it does automatically install itself ;)

EDIT: Is this were you tried to get IE from?

http://www.microsoft...e/getitnow.mspx

Edited by Vectris, 10 August 2008 - 02:46 PM.

#22 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

this was the error from trying to download the add on

Firefox could not install the file at

https://addons.mozil...20080803-fx.xpi

because: Unexpected installation error
Review the Error Console log for more details.

yahoo widgets work now thanks so much but the blockbuster is my issue now.......also for some reason this box pops up to get me to connect otthe internt but I have wireless so not sure why it would keep on popping up

thanks again

#23 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

forget that last part about the box popping up about the connection....the only problem im having now is the add ons for firefox

#24 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

Alright, that post was very descriptive, excellent job. I need to know when that error happened though, did it happen 1. As soon as you started the download 2. Somewhere in the middle or 3. As soon as the download finished it had the error.

Also do this, re-install the add-on, and tell me if it works or if you get the same/different error.

It is possible to disable all installation of software, including add-ons, through Firefox. To check to see if software installation has been disabled:

1. In the Location bar, type about:config, and press Enter.
* The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
2. In the Filter textbox, enter xpinstall.enabled.
3. The value of xpinstall.enabled should be set to true. If this value is currently set to false, then software installation is disabled.
4. To set the value to true, right-click the property name and select Reset.
5. Try to re-install the extension.

Also, do you have a program called "TDC Digital Signatur" installed on your computer?

Edited by Vectris, 10 August 2008 - 04:47 PM.

#25 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

I think when the download was finished it had that error and no I dont have that program installed on my computer

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

It is set to true now what?

#27 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

You mean it was already set to true right? If you had to set it to true yourself then retry downloading the add-on. If it was already on true, however, try the below.

Setup - To try my next fix, you need to be able to see all the sytem files and such, so in case you don't already have them shown, follow all of them just to make sure. If you wish to keep them hidden, just change them back after the rest of my instructions.

1. Open up any folder.

2. Go to Tools > Folder Options...

3. Click on the Tab called View.

4. There should be a bunch of check boxes. Check the one called "Display the contents of system folders", its 4th from the top.

5. At the bottom of the box full of check boxes, make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is checked (or rather that the circle by it is filled).

6. Scroll down a little and un-check "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".

7. Click the button at the top of your little window called "Apply to All Folders". Then click OK and exit the folder, your ready to try my below fix.

FIX

1. Don't start FF, if it's running exit out of it.

2. Open My Computer, double click on Documents and Settings, then double click on the folder with your username on it.

3. Double click on Application Data (the folder should look fainter than the rest, don't worry about that)

4. Double click on Mozilla, then on FireFox.

5. Double click on Profiles.

6. Now you should see only 1 folder, it will have 8 random characters followed by ".default", double click on that folder.

7. Find and delete the following files.
extensions.ini
extensions.cache
extensions.rdf

8. Exit out of the folder and start up FF.

9. Try downloading the add-on again (below).
https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/1419

Tell me what happens.

Edited by Vectris, 10 August 2008 - 05:41 PM.

#28 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

I did all those steps and the same error occured

#29 myown4nw

myown4nw

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

It said before i could download that:

IE tab (author not verified)

https://addons.mozil...tab-1.5.2008080

#30 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

So did you do it twice? You said it first had the same error, and then it said author not verified? EDIT: I see, before you download the file it says author unverified, that's ok this file is safe, it comes from the FF site. So then you clicked download anyways right? and then it just had the same error? EDIT 2: I'm pretty sure I found the problem, first answer this question though. Do you have ZoneAlarm or CA Firewall? If not please list any anti-virus/spyware or firewall programs you have on your computer.

Edited by Vectris, 10 August 2008 - 06:47 PM.