This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] anivirXP08 is dominating me.

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Im still confused about my virus protection being off in my windows security warning window. I clicked on AVG 8 and everything is active except my resident shield. At the top it says "You are not protected! Please, check the following components:" It worries me. Thank you for all your help! :woot:
I don't use the AVG8. I'm still using AVG7. Can you Right Click on the Control Center down on the taskbar and turn it on that way?
yea i tried that, it opens up and i see Firewall ON, Automatic Updates ON, and Virus protection OFF. I can't turn it on. Or may not know how, I thought all u had to do was click on it.
i right click on it, and i get open or ignore component state. I select open and i see Resident Shield component is not active, but right below it says Resident Shield has been running for: 1 hour 7 min 9 secs Threats Detected and blocked: 0 Ill keep trying.
DOH!!! Reboot did it. Again Tate, Thank You so very much! You saved my computer! And I will be making a Donation shortly. All the best to you! :woot:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI