Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91701 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows Update Breaks Internet Access for Zone Alarm Users!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 ArtColorado

ArtColorado

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

I stumbled across your website a few minutes ago (my wife's laptop had access to the internet but couldn't display web pages anyway). The problem you described (Windows Update breaks Internet Access for Zone Alarm users) attracted my attention as a possible solution for me (I've been working on it all day). YOU WERE RIGHT!! It took me less than two minutes to fix this problem I've spent several hours on already. Thank you! And spread the word. I'm sure you are also right that this will become a hot topic very quickly!!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,641 posts
  • MVP

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

Great! Glad it helped and thanks for the kind words.
kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

#18 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,641 posts
  • MVP

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

Check Point has fixed the bug and has released V7.0.483.000. I recommend all users of ZoneAlarm Free, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm Security Suite ZA upgrade immediately. Check Point also updated their Security Advisory and provided links to the new versions here.
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#19 terryfelter

terryfelter

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

Did they indicate whether this fixes the probelem with the security update that MS put out?

#20 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,641 posts
  • MVP

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

This fixes the problem with their program so the Security Update will install properly.
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#21 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

Yep, I 've just installed the updated ZA "483 issue" on my private customer's machines and all is back to normal on all of them. That's 10 happy customers.......
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#22 terryfelter

terryfelter

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

I suspect the overall number is much larger, but good deal anyway. I have a question that begs to be asked, namely earlier in the borads one of the administrative guys indicated he did not have ZonePro on his list of "buys". What else is out there that ne better? Hopefully it is not McAfee, as I have issues with that on another pc. My program DOES NOT remember allowed programs. I have to select "Allow" everytime I run a couple of them, even though they are LISTED in the allowed programs. Further the help from the help desks have not been helpful in resoiving this issue. Sorry about hijacking the thread, but I spent 2 hours on the phone and still did not get the issue resolved.

#23 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,641 posts
  • MVP

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

What else is out there that ne better?

Sorry about hijacking the thread, but I spent 2 hours on the phone and still did not get the issue resolved.

Yes, that is for another discussion. FTW, my wife still loves ZAP, as do many. If you have questions about another product, please start a new thread.
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────