I was thinking of testing out Agnitnum's Outpost Firewall since I was so worn out from Comodo's Defense+.
I uninstalled Comodo Pro using the default ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS window. Then it prompted me to reboot.
Reboot I did, then it was here when the problems began. Nothing out of the usual, just that I see the message in the SECURITY CENTER that I was running more than one firewall (which is not recommended by Windows).
At that moment I was bewildered as what might have caused the trouble. Comodo was gone from the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS list and all I had on that was Comodo related was BOCLEAN.
I turned off Windows Firewall and the Firewall tab told me that Comodo Firewall was protecting me.
Sigh. Comodo is gone. Removed it with Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel.
I'm not sure what files or folders were deleted because it never said anything about the specific ones deleted. Comodo just told me to reboot. I did an additional reboot.
There's no Comodo Firewall related folders or files. Just BOCLEAN. There are no Comodo Pro firewall processes. No agents. Nothing, just BOCLEAN.
However, thinking that reinstalling it might help… I executed the .exe file.
It told me Agnitum OutPost Pro was installed. I was like O.O and & .
There was no way I could have installed it (Outpost). I have to admit I did execute it to see the intro screen. And that was all. No next. No backs. Just saw the introduction in the installation wizard. Gave a reboot. No good.
Digerati, would you suggest that I uninstall BOCLEAN? Or give it a System Restore?
Right now, I think my computer's entirely on Windows Firewall.
Sigh. Comodo is gone. Removed it with Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel.
My point was that does not always remove the program properly so I wanted to know if it the files and folders were truly deleted from where it was installed (c:\program files\Comodo - or where ever you installed it) to see if it really is gone.
If me, I would uninstall anything Comodo. Then I would run CCleaner's "Issues" checker. Ensure you follow the prompts to backup the Registry before making changes to it. It is often necessary to scan for issues 2 or 3 times until it reports, "No issues were found", then reboot and install the FW of choice.
Alright, I'll do the next thing in the morning. Thanks for your time, Digerati.
Edit: Removed BOCLEAN and the Comdo Program folder. Ran CCleaner registry cleaner.
Security Center still shows as Comodo Pro active and the Comodo Firewall installation still told me that Outpost was installed. I'm stumped. -.-
Not sure which warning you are talking about here but in any event, I would try to press on - but that is just me guessing because I have not seen this exact problem before either. It would appear you have corrupt firewall installations going on and since the firewall has deep roots into the innards of your system, anything done is a risk. That said, you should probably back up any critical data on that drive, just to be safe. You could try a System Restore to before this started - it might work and at least I don't see how that could hurt (if you only go back a few days at most) - except you will have to run CCleaner afterwards again.
You might want to check out Steve Gibson's ShieldsUP!! site, click Proceed and test your system to make sure you do have some firewall really running.
Digerati, aren't routers… well I had no idea what it was at first. So I used Google.
Isn't a router, is more like a modem, except that divides the connection… so multiple users can access the Internet using the same CONNECTION?
If so (if my explanation is correct), then NO. I'm the only user.
I tried the reinstall Comodo, despite the Agnitum warning and it successfully installed.
Problem was that, I was about to think that everything was fine, when I ran the DIAGNOSTIC tool in Misc.
It confirmed an error. However, I could not fix it. The Diagnostic report couldn't come out either.
I'm stuck in a hole, Digerati.
TruStealth: FAILED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.
———————————————————————-
My question would be why was there a change? Also, the PC FAILED the Tru-Stealth Analysis.
Alright, I'm going to clarify. The first post with the log was ALL Service Ports. This one is Common Ports. I tested again the Service Ports and got the same result as the last one.
— [external image: Posted Image] [external image: Posted Image] [external image: Posted Image] [external image: Posted Image]
The Diagnostic font was green when I first saw it and I clicked YES to both. I couldn't save however.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI