This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Spyware and possible virus on my pc

21 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

It looks ok. Let's make sure.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
  • The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
  • Post that log back here with a new HijackThis log.
Believe it or not I had to reinstall my vista os as well. Nothing to do with spyware…the laptop is still under warrenty so I had feedback from a Dell Rep. Apparently my profile was corrupt and it couldn't be fixed via the control panel. I've had so many problems with my vista laptop. One of the major errors I receive is that it can't seem to find my hard drive from time to time or that the disk is corrupt. I've been troubleshooting my laptop since January and I haven't had the laptop a year. I've done every troubleshooting step there is at least once or twice and I still have not luck. This is also the second time I had to reinstall my os on that machine. I'm not sure exactly what my warrenty reads, but I would think that by now they should have replaced my laptop with another one that works. I'm so fustrated with them! Any ideas on how to get Dell to take my problem seriously? Anyway, thank you very much for all the help you provided in regards to my xp system. I'm almost squared away with all the reinstallation of software. Only thing is I want to back up everything. Is there an option to do this so that if something happens again I can just install a disk and put everything back the way it was? Thanks N
You are better asking about those in the other thread. That's their line over there. Ill mark this as resolved now, and wish you luck in the future. :thumbup:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI