This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Computer keeps on shutting down

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

for about a few weeks my computer would shut down at random times with no warning just right before its about to close a blue back ground with some codes comes up for about a second and then shuts down. Can anyone please help me??
Hi myown4nw

That blue screen you describe is the BSoD. It will show when your PC shuts down because of some critical error.
Now, in order for us to help, we need to know the exact message. Please follow the procedure below.

Turn Off Windows Automatic Restart

Please turn-off the Windows Automatic Restart function, so we can see which error your system is encountering:
  • Go to Start, right-click - My Computer, then Select - Properties
  • Click the Advanced (tab)
  • In the Startup and Recovery section, click - Settings
  • In the System failure section, uncheck "Automatically restart"
  • Click OK twice
Now, your system will not automatically restart when the error occurs. This does not mean the issue is resolved, it just means you will be able to see the Error Name when it is encountered.

When your machine next encounters the problem, you will see the Windows Stop Error screen, also known as the "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD). Encountering this screen means that Windows can no longer continue operating normally and needs to be restarted. What is important is that, although daunting, this screen will tell you the Error Name and Number that made your computer unhappy. Please write down this Error Name and Number (using paper and pencil) the next time you receive it and post it back here into this same thread when you reply.

Regards Abydos
Thank you so much for your quick response. I had done exactly what you told me to do and I caught the blue screen! I had jotted down a bunch of things that it says, I hope I got enough for you to understand my problem. ———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————- Blue Screen: Problem Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properlly installed. If continues Disable or remove any new installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. Tech info: Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x0000004, 0x0000002, 0x0000001, 0xEDBCB3DB) ipnat.sys_ Address EDBCB3DB base at EDBC4000, Date stamp 415b3714 Resolving dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump completed. Contact your system administrator. —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————– Thank you once again for helping me!
Hi myown4nw

Good you caught the BSoD :thumbup:

Now, according to this MS article
it should be because of logitech drivers.

Are you running Logitech mouse and/or keyboard?

If so, follow the advice given in the MS article.

That is:

Remove any logitech Drivers via Add/Remove programs.
Download new drivers, use the link provided in the MS article.
Install those and reboot.

Post back with how it went.

Regards Abydos
I have not found any programs named logitech drivers in add/remove programs? is there something else i should be deleting?
Hi myown4nw

I assume you do use Logitech keyboard / mouse.

Have you found the drivers you need?

If so, install them, and when windows ask if you
want to replace those already installed, answer yes.

If thats a no-go.

Download new drivers to Desktop.

Goto "MyComputer" or Start
Control-panel
System –> Hardware –> Device manager
Locate your keyboard and/or mouse.
Click the + icon to expand, and higlight your device.
Right-click, click properties.
Click the tab "Driver"
Last button in that menu, should be remove driver, click that.

Now close down Control-panel.
Install the new drivers from desktop.

Let me hear how it goes.

Regards Abydos
Hi myown4nw Did you download the drivers you found at Logitech's site and then saved them to desktop or did you download them to a different folder? Double-click the driver-file, and follow the install instructions. If you haven't downloaded the drivers, find your keyboard / mouse in the control-panel. Right-click, click the update driver option in the rightclick-menu. Let windows search for a updated driver. This method is a bit slower, as windows have to find the files itself. Regards Abydos

Now that I have installed both the mouse and keyboard drives, what is my next step?


That should be it.

If the problem returns, you may have to search around
a bit, to find a older set of drivers, and see if those will
work.

I would suggest, you try read any FAQ or trouble-shooting
guide you can find on Logitech's homepage regarding
keyboard and mouse drivers. Especially pay attention
to those where the model matches yours.

Regards Abydos
Just one more question for you. Which model do I have? I want to thank you again for your help you guys are my savior. I really hope it works! Thanks so much.
Model name can be found underneath. It can sometimes be hard to see the name, but it is there. Mine for example is a black Logitech 350 Internet keyboard and I'm using a black Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade mouse…..Both names found underneath. Regards Abydos
Hi myown4nw Hmmmmm :blush: Maybe I should have thought of asking, but if you are using laptop, there would be no keyboard or mouse per see. What model laptop do you have?? Not sure that Logitech drivers is what you are after then. Its my fault, I presumed that when the MS article stated it had to do with Logitech drivers, I presumed we were talking separate keyboard and mouse. Did you let windows find those drivers? if so, you should be ok. If not, and the problem returns, you may have to remove the drivers once more, and this time let windows find suitable drivers. Regards Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI