C:\Documents and Settings\Christina>tracert 208.76.110.253 > tracert.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Christina>tracert 208.76.110.253
Tracing route to 208.76.110.253 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 6 ms 5 ms 5 ms 10.148.96.1
3 * 6 ms * vl-201.gw03.ym.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [66.185
.90.17]
4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms te-15-1-0.gw01.ym.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [24.
153.5.37]
5 7 ms 8 ms 6 ms so-4-1-0.gw02.bloor.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [2
[removed]]
6 8 ms 7 ms 11 ms pos-3-0.igw01.front.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [6
[removed]]
7 8 ms 17 ms 7 ms gw-spdnetwork.torontointernetxchange.net [198.32
.245.81]
8 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms 208.76.110.253
Trace complete.
I'll do the vent server, but I'm skeptical about this-
It just happened so suddenly one day, the disconnects- I don't understand D;
But now it has continued for over a month or so
Hop #3 shows 2 timeouts on the same hop. #3 is also the beginning of where you get onto your ISP's network.
I would like to see another tracert to see if your getting the same timeouts on other links. If I had to guess from just this tracert I'd say the problems looks like it's on your ISP's side.
I understand you spoke to your ISP and they said that everything was fine, but that #3 hop shows otherwise.
If you get the same results on other traces I would call the ISP again and email them the tracerts to see what they have to say about the lost packets on there network.
Run a few more tracerts and save the text files so you can tell which races are which. i.e. tracert google.com > googletrace.txt, I would be cautus about mentioning games, and vent to the techs, as soon as you mention games/vent etc alot of ISP lose interest.
Just stick with the lag spikes and timeouts. If you can post 1 or two more traces I can look at them and see if your still getting the timeouts. You can look at it as well, the * shows timeouts/dropped info. Anything past your hop #2 is past your setup and out on the network. Also anything that says rogers is your ISP's network.
Hope that helps some. Good luck.
Tonka
Thankyou for the reply!
I never mention games or anything to my ISP, but they always persist that it's not the modem, since the lights are always on-
Here's a tracert for google.com:
I agree your modem is working fine, Thats at hop #2, but hop #3 is outside of your house on rogers network, it's a piece of they're equipment. So far on both traces hop #3 has dropped packets.
I think that if you talk to them again and mention the tracerts and offer to email the files to them they might look into it a bit more.
Sorry it took me a while to reply.
Tonka
I agree your modem is working fine, Thats at hop #2, but hop #3 is outside of your house on rogers network, it's a piece of they're equipment. So far on both traces hop #3 has dropped packets.
I think that if you talk to them again and mention the tracerts and offer to email the files to them they might look into it a bit more.
Sorry it took me a while to reply.
Tonka
Thank you very much!
I'll contact them again, I'll mention the the tracerts.
: D
Well, I've contacted them, and they weren't much help. First one agreed with you, Tonka- sorta, he just left the session out of the blue so I had to contact another one, and that one said it had nothing to do with the Rogers Network, he also told me to directly connect the modem to the computer and test it out again, which I have done before with the same results. However, I haven't done tracerts without a router wired to the modem and computers, so here's a directly-connected-modem-to-computer tracert of google.com and the ventrilo server once again:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christina>tracert google.com
Tracing route to google.com [64.233.167.99]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 6 ms 5 ms 7 ms 10.148.96.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 9 ms 6 ms 5 ms te-6-1-0.gw01.ym.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [24.1
53.5.21]
4 7 ms 7 ms 6 ms so-4-1-0.gw02.bloor.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [2
[removed]]
5 6 ms 6 ms 7 ms pos-3-0.igw01.front.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [6
[removed]]
6 8 ms 6 ms 6 ms [removed]
7 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms [removed]
8 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms 72.14.238.90
9 27 ms 18 ms 18 ms 72.14.232.74
10 18 ms 20 ms 17 ms py-in-f99.google.com [64.233.167.99]
Trace complete.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christina>tracert 208.76.110.253
Tracing route to 208.76.110.253 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 5 ms 7 ms 6 ms 10.148.96.1
2 6 ms 5 ms * vl-201.gw03.ym.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [66.185
.90.17]
3 7 ms 5 ms 5 ms te-6-1-0.gw01.ym.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [24.1
53.5.21]
4 7 ms 5 ms 7 ms so-1-2-0.gw02.ym.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [24.1
53.5.242]
5 7 ms 7 ms 5 ms gw01.mtmc.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [66.185.81.1
37]
6 6 ms 7 ms 8 ms 198.32.245.81
7 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms 208.76.110.253
Trace complete.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christina>
Also, here are some results I got from the service-guy when he was pinging my modem, I think during a disconnect too,:
Pinging Host 10.148.124.19 50 Times…
…
PING 10.148.124.19 (10.148.124.19): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=0 ttl=59 time=7.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=1 ttl=59 time=6.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=2 ttl=59 time=8.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=3 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=4 ttl=59 time=8.1 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=5 ttl=59 time=17.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=6 ttl=59 time=7.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=7 ttl=59 time=7.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=8 ttl=59 time=7.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=9 ttl=59 time=7.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=10 ttl=59 time=7.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=11 ttl=59 time=7.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=12 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=13 ttl=59 time=7.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=14 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=15 ttl=59 time=7.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=16 ttl=59 time=7.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=17 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=18 ttl=59 time=6.6 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=19 ttl=59 time=6.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=20 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=21 ttl=59 time=10.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=22 ttl=59 time=8.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=23 ttl=59 time=8.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=24 ttl=59 time=8.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=25 ttl=59 time=7.7 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=26 ttl=59 time=7.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=27 ttl=59 time=7.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=28 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=29 ttl=59 time=7.1 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=30 ttl=59 time=7.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=31 ttl=59 time=8.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=32 ttl=59 time=6.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=33 ttl=59 time=6.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=34 ttl=59 time=6.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=35 ttl=59 time=6.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=36 ttl=59 time=8.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=37 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=38 ttl=59 time=8.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=39 ttl=59 time=14.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=40 ttl=59 time=14.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=41 ttl=59 time=7.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=42 ttl=59 time=7.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=43 ttl=59 time=7.6 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=44 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=45 ttl=59 time=7.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=46 ttl=59 time=7.1 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=47 ttl=59 time=7.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=48 ttl=59 time=7.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=49 ttl=59 time=8.7 ms
— 10.148.124.19 ping statistics —
50 packets transmitted, 50 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 6.5/8.0/17.5 ms
…
done.
and
Pinging Host 10.148.124.19 50 Times…
…
PING 10.148.124.19 (10.148.124.19): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=0 ttl=59 time=16.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=1 ttl=59 time=7.7 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=2 ttl=59 time=7.6 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=3 ttl=59 time=7.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=4 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=5 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=6 ttl=59 time=7.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=7 ttl=59 time=8.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=8 ttl=59 time=8.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=9 ttl=59 time=6.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=10 ttl=59 time=8.6 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=11 ttl=59 time=8.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=12 ttl=59 time=8.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=13 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=14 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=15 ttl=59 time=10.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=16 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=17 ttl=59 time=7.7 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=18 ttl=59 time=7.6 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=19 ttl=59 time=7.7 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=20 ttl=59 time=7.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=21 ttl=59 time=7.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=22 ttl=59 time=9.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=23 ttl=59 time=7.1 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=24 ttl=59 time=6.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=25 ttl=59 time=6.7 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=26 ttl=59 time=9.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=27 ttl=59 time=8.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=28 ttl=59 time=6.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=29 ttl=59 time=8.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=30 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=31 ttl=59 time=8.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=32 ttl=59 time=7.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=33 ttl=59 time=7.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=34 ttl=59 time=9.8 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=35 ttl=59 time=8.1 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=36 ttl=59 time=9.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=37 ttl=59 time=9.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=38 ttl=59 time=7.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=39 ttl=59 time=7.3 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=40 ttl=59 time=6.9 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=41 ttl=59 time=7.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=42 ttl=59 time=8.7 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=43 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=44 ttl=59 time=8.5 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=45 ttl=59 time=8.4 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=46 ttl=59 time=8.2 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=47 ttl=59 time=8.1 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=48 ttl=59 time=8.0 ms
64 bytes from 10.148.124.19: icmp_seq=49 ttl=59 time=8.0 ms
— 10.148.124.19 ping statistics —
50 packets transmitted, 50 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 6.5/8.1/16.4 ms
…
done.
hey Kwystina,
I have read through your thread and followed some of the advices given by some people here. I am new to this forum and i stumbled on your post after some google-ing about major lag spikes on Rogers. I so happen to be having this major lag spikes too when i play games, for example. Counter-Strike. I too also has Ventrilo opened while gaming and for the last 2 weeks the lag spikes have been insane, i would disconnect after 5-10minutes too, so i was wondering if this lag spike is still happening to you?
thanks, patrick
I have read through your thread and followed some of the advices given by some people here. I am new to this forum and i stumbled on your post after some google-ing about major lag spikes on Rogers. I so happen to be having this major lag spikes too when i play games, for example. Counter-Strike. I too also has Ventrilo opened while gaming and for the last 2 weeks the lag spikes have been insane, i would disconnect after 5-10minutes too, so i was wondering if this lag spike is still happening to you?
thanks, patrick
Yes! It is!
I've contacted them so many times and they blame the computers– BOTH the computers…
They tell me to check the network cards but how can it be SO coincidental that both of the compters' network cards be damaged? And from like a month ago-
They aren't really helpful when it comes to support
i've had problems with Rogers before about internet speed before and it took about 2 months before they actually payed any attention to it, i have subscribed to the extreme high speed internet but i was getting less than 1mb of download speed as suppose to 10mbs. I have guests over at my house now, but I think I am going to ring up Rogers after. When you call, you go to technical support right? have you tried speaking to the second level technicians? i recon those are much more helpful than the people that actually pick up the phone and make you go through the regular protocalls like restarting your modem and such. If that doesn't work just call in everyday and complain, thats what i did with my slow internet speeds before and finally i got a nice tech and he finally admitted that there was a problem with the network but other techs have denied that problem for the past 3 weeks, so try asking for a second level technician and that should clear it all up. I will be calling them soon as well!
Yeah, my friend had Rogers before- There was something wrong with his modem and he HAD to be persistent to get it replaced.
I really dislike the fact that we have to keep calling to get something fixed-
Good luck with the call and would you kindly share your results when you're done? :3
from all the times i have called up Rogers, i have noticed that they really don't have good customer care and such. Most of the reps there aren't willing to help and all and they will just go through the regular procedures and once they have done that, they will just say that it is your computers fault.
Hiya Kwystina,
Sorry to hear your ISP "Still" hasn't fixed the problem.
The Local Area Connection (3) your have means you have made 3 copies of the the network connection.
Or at least thats the way it sounds to me.
FPS jumps normally don't have anything to do with the network connection, most times thats heat, strain, etc on the video GPU, or even the CPU. (dirt and dust many times cause it to)
If you look under "network connections" from control panel can you list how many different entries are there and what they are?
Then we might be able to help you get rid of the others
The problem ceased to exist randomly..
It stopped the day after I called them and asked for level 2 tech. but they were unable to get a level 2 rep nor could they fix my problem–
~_~
Thanks for your time though
Hi guys,
I am having a VERY similar problem with Rogers.
Would it be a wild guess to say you live in the North GTA area, (hwy 7 Leslie area)
I have been following this topic and you are describing exactly what is happening to me.
Every 10-20 minutes randomly my Vent, WoW, or VNC connection will drop. It have tried to follow some of the step outlined in this post and i am at a loss as to what is causing the problem.
I am a gamer and i play WOW and use Ventrilo. I also work from home some times at odd hours. (4:30am on a Tuesday for example) And i notice my connection while not physically dropping, times out causing all my network applications to die :(. My router does not reset or drop. The best way to describe it is a sudden lag spike.
When im playing my video games, every thing freezes and i will either d/c or a sudden wall of text will appear in my chat all at once as it recovers. (its kinda fun when you teleport around the screen and people yell at you)
When i am on vent, it will suddenly go quiet, then everything people have been saying for the past 10 seconds is played all at once.
When im remote desktopping into work, my consel will freeze then i will either drop or the last 300 keystrokes will suddenly appear
The tech support are useless they make me go through the same !@#$! scripted checks every time i call them. "how many lights do you see?" "are you behind a router" blah blah blah.
I hate rogers this problem is annoying!
Would it be a wild guess to say you live in the North GTA area, (hwy 7 Leslie area)
I have been following this topic and you are describing exactly what is happening to me.
Every 10-20 minutes randomly my Vent, WoW, or VNC connection will drop. It have tried to follow some of the step outlined in this post and i am at a loss as to what is causing the problem.
I am a gamer and i play WOW and use Ventrilo. I also work from home some times at odd hours. (4:30am on a Tuesday for example) And i notice my connection while not physically dropping, times out causing all my network applications to die :(. My router does not reset or drop. The best way to describe it is a sudden lag spike.
When im playing my video games, every thing freezes and i will either d/c or a sudden wall of text will appear in my chat all at once as it recovers. (its kinda fun when you teleport around the screen and people yell at you)
When i am on vent, it will suddenly go quiet, then everything people have been saying for the past 10 seconds is played all at once.
When im remote desktopping into work, my consel will freeze then i will either drop or the last 300 keystrokes will suddenly appear
The tech support are useless they make me go through the same !@#$! scripted checks every time i call them. "how many lights do you see?" "are you behind a router" blah blah blah.
I hate rogers this problem is annoying!
Exactly the same thing.
However, it suddenly started working randomly..
It's a Rogers problem for sure :{
(It was coincidentally the day after the day I called them and asked for a higher level technician -__-)
Thanks for your help, though, guys
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI