Are you mad ? I mean really mad, seething mad, so mad your ready to spit, mad that you have taken your hard earned dollars to buy a computer only to have some Miscredents, Dirt Bags and Cyber Criminals install a malicious program on your computer without your knowledge or consent. You can post your complaint at the above site. If you live in the U.S.A. you can also report your grievance to your State Attorney Generals Office and the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection.
- How did I get infected in the first place ? Read these links and find out how to prevent getting infected again.
- Tutorial for System Restore <-- Do this first to prevent yourself from being reinfected.
- TonyKlein CastleCops
- Grinler BleepingComputer
- GeeksTo Go
Keep in mind if you install some of these programs. Only ONE Anti Virus and only ONE Firewall is recommended, more is overkill and can cause you problems. You can install all the Spyware programs I have listed without any problems. If you install Spyware Blaster, you can still install Spybot Search and Destroy but do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot.
Here are some free programs to install, all free and highly regarded by the fine people in the Malware Removal Community
- Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5
Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis. If you install Spyware Blaster ( Recommended ) then do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy.
- Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed. No scan to run, just update about once a week and enable all protection.
- Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts, again, no scan to run, just install it and let it do its thing.
IE-Spyad places over 6000 web sites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.
Glad we could help