Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

AVG Uninstallation Error

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 caboose221

caboose221

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Gaming, Steaming, Xbox360, Halo, Xbox Live and much much more!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:33 AM

Hmmm it appears to be stuck its not going anywhere its suck on:

Processing MSI's by Product Code

UPDATE

FINISHED!!

Edited by caboose221, 14 May 2008 - 05:36 AM.

Well the Avatar with the whole pink armor, Ignore it
But you know you want it

GOLLY WIZZ Batman! Dark Knight out June 18 2008!

R.I.P Heath Ledger April 4, 1979 – January 22, 2008

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:46 AM

I see...should i install Avast?

I take that as you have not a anti-virus running or ?

First, you should get rid of old remnants, enable AVG if possible. Then i'm afraid you'll have to make a visit to the malware removal forum.
If you have been online without a AV running on 100%, you could have all sorts of problems in the form of infections.

Read this first: http://forums.whatth...ers_t34502.html
then post your HiJackThis-log in this forum: http://forums.whatth...emoval_f27.html

You should include a link to this topic along with your HJT-log.
Word of advice: Don't "bump" / answer your own post in the HJT forum, as the malware cleaners are looking first for any unanswered posts. Bumping your post will delay response time.

Return here once again, after you get a clean bill from the malware-experts.
They might even help you locate any remnants of either Norton or Trend-micro AV's!

oh and I have another problem about pooled memory

I cant play TF2 because other programs are using up too much pooled memory but we will fix this first. I'm taking advantage of your helpfulness.

We'll take that after you are declared clean. And you are not taking advantage of my helpfulness, I do this freely because I enjoy it B)

Regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#18 caboose221

caboose221

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Gaming, Steaming, Xbox360, Halo, Xbox Live and much much more!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

Done. I ran the Norton Thingo and then the Cleaner but it didn't work. I Blocked AVG Alert Manger Server( avgamsvr.exe ). and that is the processor that isn't uninstalling.
But you know you want it

#19 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:55 AM

Done.

I ran the Norton Thingo and then the Cleaner but it didn't work.

I Blocked AVG Alert Manger Server( avgamsvr.exe ). and that is the processor that isn't uninstalling.

Unblock the avgamsvr.exe. I haven't Process Explorer on this PC, and can't remember where to unblock. But there should be an option to do so.

Not to sound harsh, but could you answer some of the questions I asked earlier? I am not sitting in front of your PC, and thus need those info's as accurate as possible in order to be of any good help. We need to eliminate possibilties, thats the "game".

But I really think you should visit the HJT forum. Working / troubleshooting on a possible infected machine aint no good, and all work would be for naught in the case of infections.

Regards Abydos

Abydos

#20 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:01 AM

Hi caboose221 Can see that you followed the advice on posting a log. :thumbup: When done, and if you still have problems, feel free to post here again. Hope your PC is clean! Kind regards Abydos

Abydos

#21 caboose221

caboose221

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

Not to sound harsh, but could you answer some of the questions I asked earlier? I am not sitting in front of your PC, and thus need those info's as accurate as possible in order to be of any good help. We need to eliminate possibilties, thats the "game".

What Questions? love you to tell me which ones :huh:
But you know you want it

#22 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:42 AM

Hi again caboose221 :) Theres two questions in post 12 and one in post 17. But at this moment, they are irrelevant, as we shouldn't do any changes, till the malware experts have had a look on you log. The situation may change a lot, if you are infected. When you get a clean bill we'll take a status check on the situation. Regards Abydos

Abydos

#23 caboose221

caboose221

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:45 AM

I guess its time to play the waiting game. Meaning until someone helps me with the HJT log i post :thumbup:
But you know you want it

#24 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:22 AM

@caboose221 LDTate responded to your HJT log 2 days ago now...you might want to take a look and follow his advice.. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#25 caboose221

caboose221

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:22 AM

Im clean Abydos :thumbup:

Could you answer if you have a anti-virus running at the moment, or is it disabled? Its important! If you aint got one running, you may already be infected...... :(

Indeed i didnt but now i do thanks to the help of LDTate, im all fixed up and he helped solve the problem of AVG. i think that anwers both posts 12 and 17.

You said we'd deal with the Pooled Memory issue now :D .
But you know you want it

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:55 AM

Im clean Abydos :thumbup:

Good job :thumbup:

Could you answer if you have a anti-virus running at the moment, or is it disabled? Its important! If you aint got one running, you may already be infected...... :(

Indeed i didnt but now i do thanks to the help of LDTate, im all fixed up and he helped solve the problem of AVG. i think that anwers both posts 12 and 17.

Indeed. And you were in good hands with LDTate!

You said we'd deal with the Pooled Memory issue now :D .

Could you elaborate further on your problem here?
I'm not that familiar with "pooled memory". Do you mean Pagefile instead or is it "pooled memory" like this: Link

If its pagefiling, heres some directions for optimizing that: http://support.micro...n...p;x=10&y=14

Regards Abydos

Abydos