[Closed] Help from a newbie - broadband download
Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:44 PM
Register to Remove
Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:07 AM
Im going to leave this thread open, so we can get to the cause of your problem.
Firstly, that monitoring program only tells you how much downloading and uploading you are doing, not what is being downloaded. But you have to leave it running in the background whenever the pc is on, so you can have an accurate idea.
It works in real-time, so you can see when it becomes busy and perhaps pinpoint why and how.
Secondly, yes you can revert back to IE6 but you will always be told of a critical Windows Update (IE7). Why not try Firefox?
I use Firefox.
Thirdly, let me get some more info from your computer.
Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
- Close all applications and windows.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
- For Vista users, right-click DSS and select Run As Administrator
- If asked to install HijackThis click on Yes
- When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
- Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply
Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:38 AM
Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:02 AM
- Please download this tool from Microsoft.
- Double click on MGADiag.exe to run it.
- Click Continue.
- The program will run. It takes a while to finish the diagnosis, please be patient.
- Once done, click on Copy.
- Open Notepad and paste the contents in. Save this file and post it in your next reply.
Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:38 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users