Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] Hijcked task manager control alt delete Not working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts
  • Interests:Computer Security, Music, Sports

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Hi Steph,

The Kaspersky log may look bad but it's really not. Everything is in quarantine or in restore points, and we'll take care of all that now.

You can empty out your Norton quarantine folder.

Delete the Smitfraudfix tool and folders, and the SDFix folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Marty1\Desktop\downloads\SmitfraudFix
C:\Documents and Settings\Marty1\Desktop\downloads\SmitfraudFix.zip
C:\Documents and Settings\Myla\My Documents\smitfraud
C:\SDFix

Clean up from combofix:
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

• Posted Image
The above procedure will:
  • Delete the following:
    • ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
    • VundoFix backups, if present
    • The C:\Deckard folder, if present
    • The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
  • Reset the clock settings.
  • Hide file extensions, if required.
  • Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
  • Reset System Restore.

If all is running well then you should be OK now.

Update Java Runtime:

You are using an old version of Java. Sun's Java is sometimes updated in order to eliminate the exploitation of vulnerabilities in an existing version. For this reason, it's extremely important that you keep the program up to date, and also remove the older more vulnerable versions from your system. The most current version of Sun Java is: Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 5.
  • Go to the Sun Java Website
  • Click on the download button next to Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5
  • Check the circle next to I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.
  • Click on the link Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language and save the downloaded file to your hard disk.
  • Go to Start => Control Panel => Add or Remove Programs
  • Uninstall all old versions of Java (Java 2 Runtime Environment, JRE or JSE)
  • Reboot your computer
  • Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Java if present
  • Install the new version by running the newly-downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Reboot your computer

Now that you are clean here are some suggestions.

How do I protect myself from infection?
Can you tell me how I got infected?
IndiGenus

The help you receive here is free, but if you would like to help me continue the fight against Malware then Posted Image

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 5 days

Proud Graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

"To find perfect composure in the midst of change is to find ourselves in nirvana."

Suzuki Roshi

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Stephanie1470

Stephanie1470

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hi Dave
I think things are good. I have posted a HJT log below...I niticed my room mate or someone had removed the combofix icon on the desktp, though I may have also done that. I re-rancombofix and noticed the Red (X) went away per your last instructions. My room mate had downloaded software called ErrorSmart. I jsut rant it for curiosity and it said I had 933 errors found..I really wonder if that is true...my system really seems to running up to speed, with no popups..or hangups.

I have also read your two articles on how to get clean, stay clean, and How did I get infected.. I currently have AVG and Norton 360. I think the NOrton runs all the time..just not vissible..as for AVG I think it is a run on demand....Can I keep these two on my HD at the same time...as for your other software ideas...do I keep them on board, or just go get them very frequently..I guess like the Java I need to continually update stufff. If you can explain that better that would be wonderful. IF, I am clean after you view the below log..I feel estatic...I can not thank you enough...is there a way I can send a gratuity...that is politically correct for , can I pay you something for all you have helped with....also can you be FOUND specifically if help is needed again...

Thank you so much for your time, patience, and understanding..........I pray that I am all clean fingers crossed.
Have a great weekend

I was never able to see anything to dump from the Norton quaranteen as you asked that I do...

Here is my just run HJT log
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:23:02 PM, on 4/3/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\SpyHunter\PopupBlocker\EnigmaPopupStop.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NCLAUNCH.EXe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Sierra\Planner\PLNRnote.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Jukebox\ymetray.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ErrorSmart\ErrorSmart.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/br...h...rr&d=homerr
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/br...h...rr&d=homerr
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.7\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.1121.2472\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnigmaPopupStop] C:\Program Files\SpyHunter\PopupBlocker\EnigmaPopupStop.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ErrorSmart] C:\Program Files\ErrorSmart\ErrorSmart.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NCLaunch] C:\WINDOWS\NCLAUNCH.EXe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Sierra\Planner\PLNRnote.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: ymetray.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Jukebox\ymetray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell....iler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky...can_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {512FC5A1-7DE1-43F1-BC0C-371622FCB409} (TotalScan Installer Class) - http://www.nanoscan....s/ascstubie.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symant...ex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {8436FE12-31DB-48BF-83BF-FE682F9160B4} (NanoInstaller Class) - http://www.nanoscan....bs/nanoinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8683C98-5341-421B-B23C-8514C05354F1} (FujifilmUploader Class) - http://photo.walmart...ploadClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {C432C4BD-3566-411C-8F3C-E5E0D3AE5D33} (CBrowser Class) - http://www.streaming...MINIBrowser.CAB
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.c...ers/play365.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: IAA Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PifEng.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

#18 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

Hi Steph,

Honestly I have not tested Error Smart and don't use or recommend those registry cleaners. I don't think this one is "rogue" but reviews are mixed and I would advise using Add or Remove Programs to uninstall it. The programs like ATFCleaner and CCleaner are safer and have a better reputation. I would stick with those.

Norton and AVG are a good combination and will not conflict with each other.

As far as updating goes, maybe this program would be something you want to check out. I use it myself and am very happy with it, definitely helps to stay on top of things.

http://www.anti-malw...plications-too/

Donations to the forum here would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link:

http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/

And you can certainly find me here or at the other forums I help in. Also at my own site which I have already posted some articles from. It also includes a new forum that I'm starting.

Take care Steph,
Dave
IndiGenus

The help you receive here is free, but if you would like to help me continue the fight against Malware then Posted Image

"To find perfect composure in the midst of change is to find ourselves in nirvana."

Suzuki Roshi

#19 Stephanie1470

Stephanie1470

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Hello David, I wanted to ask about the software XoftSpySE. This is also on my computer, along with Norton 360 and AVG. Both AVG and Xoft run on demand...do you see any conflict. Everything is running great as best I can tell . I also have scanned once or twice again, with Malware bytes, which is on my desktop...is that an OK place, or does it need to be uninstalled..?? I also have Kasperkey still on my desktop..does it need to go, or stay....Finally I sent $50.oo to the forum Thanks again and best of luck with others. Steph1470

#20 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hi Steph, I don't see any conflicts there, that sounds like a good plan. I would keep MalwareBytes and run occasional scans. Not sure why Kaspersky would be on the desktop? You only used it for the online scan right? Thank you for the generous donation. Regards, Dave
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi

#21 Stephanie1470

Stephanie1470

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

Hi Dave, Yes the kasperkey was was just kind of still there on the desktop..I will remove it, completely with add-remove files...Thanks again for the help...Have a great rest of weekend. and next week. Steph

#22 IndiGenus

IndiGenus

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
IndiGenus

Suzuki Roshi