Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

SysFader error in IE 7

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Rachel Kitchens, Jessica Kitchens, Theurgy, ZAPPA, synaesthesia, lucid dreaming, natural entheogens, Dali, seedless fruit, the Usenet, Otz Chiim, Hebrew, taro, Eno/Fripp, gold, Yeats, A. Crowley, practical jokes, laughter, OTO, Golden Dawn, Freemasonry, Rosy Cross, coffee/smoking, cereal&milk, experimenting with boiled okra, catching UFOs and tickling the little soft grey aliens, meditating upon the Neutron, Frazetta, nanotechnology, D. Icke, Art Bell, Alex Jones and bunch 'o' sheeit.......

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

Ok, I'm at wit's end. So I gotta ask for help. I use IE7 browser and I'm getting the Sysfader error whenever I visit Google Video, and of course the browser goes down. This has only started happening, I guess past six weeks or so. The Sysfader error does not happen on any other video site, even youTube, just Google Videos. I've done all the troubleshooting and searched everywhere for a solution. So I know the following info. - It's got nothing to do with nVidia card thingy. I got all ATI stuff and a REAL-TEK sound card. _ Under my system performance, all the scrolling and fade effects are turned off (not checked) And I thought that's what the Sysfader thing was, but that's not it. -I've disabled all the IE7 add-ons except "cookies" and the "Adobe Shockwave flash Active-x" cause the videos won't play without it, but all other add-ons have been disabled to see if that helped. And restarted the browser and rebooted etc. So, that's all I could find. And I'm stuck. Okay, I just made it do it....I went to Google Video, did a search on "Jordan Maxwell", videos come up, I click on one, it tries to open up in a separate window, then the error box pops up: _____________________________________________________ SysFader: IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error The instruction at "0x75c54a27" referenced memory at "0x00000240". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program. _____________________________________________________ I'm checking my Task Manager now before I shut the browser down and it says Physical Memory: Total- 392664 Available- 110488 System Cache- 140424 so I don't think it's a memory problem. But the Sysfader never happens except on Google video. I wonder if it's a MS update problem since it only started happening in the past few weeks. Didn't see that searching though. And no new software installations to associate it with. Google Video used to work just fine. Any ideas? thanx cilyPudi My PC specs Gateway W3400 e-machine Win XP Home Edition (5.1.2600 SP2) fully updated 150 GB hd (40 GB free) 512 MB RAM AMD Athlon 64 3000+ ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200 - video REAL-TEK AC'97 - sound IE7 - browser

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Advanced Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:17 AM

Hi :).

It's got nothing to do with nVidia card thingy

You have definitely Re-installed\Updated your Nvdia Drivers?.

From reading your post one thing not tried so far is checking Adobe Shockwave flash Active X. Sometimes this can become corrupted or you may not have the latest version, so no harm checking.

Please go to Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs and remove the following (if present):

Adobe Shockwave Player

Now navigate to Start >> My Computer >> Local Disk(C:\ or whatever your main hard-drive is designated) >> Double Click on the drive icon >> Windows >> Downloaded Program Files and remove the following (if present):

Adobe Shock.....

Next click Start >> Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK.
  • Ensure the boxes for Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files and Recycle Bin are checked.
  • You can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
  • Click on OK then Yes.
  • Now Reboot(restart) your computer.
Go here to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

When prompted to install Google Toolbar, I advice you decline, reason below:

If you have the Google Tool bar installed and running and or prompted to install as a third party add-on during a application installation, please be aware of this article. I have no wish to alarm you unduly, only point out a possible threat if using the toolbar for search related tasks.
My advice uninstall the application if already present on your system via Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs but the choice remains yours to do so.

Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of the former ASAP and UNITE

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

EDIT, Sorry Dakeyras....my slow typing again.
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine...
I see you have posted exactly the same question on the Aumha forum and also on the Tech Support Guy forum.

Posting the same issues on multiple sites simultaneously, may seem like a good idea, but often ties up scarce resources available to the online community. The number of folks available, with the required mix of skills, knowledge and experience, is not unlimited, and tieing up maybe 3 people in responding to your question on 3 separate sites can't be an effective use of resource.

Whilst you are awaiting a response from the other sites, maybe you could try a System Restore back to a time before the problem presented itself, and see how you go.
Regards
paws

Edited by paws, 26 March 2008 - 05:23 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Advanced Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:30 AM

EDIT, Sorry Dakeyras....my slow typing again.

No problem :), before I actually started posting I was creating my reply with fass.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:39 AM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Rachel Kitchens, Jessica Kitchens, Theurgy, ZAPPA, synaesthesia, lucid dreaming, natural entheogens, Dali, seedless fruit, the Usenet, Otz Chiim, Hebrew, taro, Eno/Fripp, gold, Yeats, A. Crowley, practical jokes, laughter, OTO, Golden Dawn, Freemasonry, Rosy Cross, coffee/smoking, cereal&milk, experimenting with boiled okra, catching UFOs and tickling the little soft grey aliens, meditating upon the Neutron, Frazetta, nanotechnology, D. Icke, Art Bell, Alex Jones and bunch 'o' sheeit.......

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

@ paws I appreciate that you are a "scarce resource with the required mix of skills, knowledge and experience" to assist others. I'm sure there only a couple of thousand such as you among the hundreds of millions on the world wide web. I am sorry to have robbed the online community of your valuable resources by having required your time to make your very unhelpful reply. If you'll note in the other post, they were not simultaneous. I initially posted the question ONLY in Lockergnome and Bleeping Computer. Since you impressively monitor so many forums, I'm sure you can easily check the date and time of those post, as well as the others. I only posted in other forums after a day or so had passed with multiple views but ZERO replies. As far as your suggestion to do a System Restore as a palliative measure, if you'll note in my question, I said the problem started a month ago. I'm not gonna do a system restore that far back for such a non-critical issue as not being able to visit Google Video. @ Dakeyras Thank you Dakeyras, I'll completely remove and reinstall my Adobe shockwave player. I had considered that, but didn't see where others were having such a problem, and I think mine is updated, but I'll do that now. Also, I have performed the Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES) in IE7, but that didn't solve the problem. To investigate further, I went to Google Video and attempted to watch a YouTube hosted video from there, but as soon as it say's "loading" the Sysfader immediately pops up. But I can watch videos on YouTube and everywhere else with no problems. That's why I didn't think it was the Shockwave player, pretty sure I've got the latest one. Maybe it got corrupted somehow. That the problem is specific to the Google Video site is strange. I've never seen anything like this, or had such a problem before, especially with such a reputable "normal' site! But when the "loading" starts, Sysfader error is triggered immediately. It's not a big deal, more of a curiosity, except I do like to be able to watch some stuff on google vids without having to download it! ha But I'll check back.

#7 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hi Cylipudi

Try the following:

IE tools - Internet options- Advanced tab- Uncheck Enable page transitions under the browsing section.

Regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#8 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

I'm completely baffled, stumped, ha. First, I turned off Enable page transitions like Abydos suggested, but that didn't work. Then I completely uninstalled both the Shockwave and the regular Flash players, removed all keys, application data, temp files (I used Your Uninstaller, then manually checked everywhere to make sure all the old stuff was removed) and cleaned up with CCleaner, then did a new install of both, reboot etc... Checked to make sure the appropriate Add-0ns were enabled, surfed 20 video sites with no problem, go to Google Video, click to see a video....it says "loading".....then the SysFader error!! haaaaa My next steps are to reinstall IE7 or contact Google and see if they have heard of this. I kind of don't want to reinstall IE7 because just out of curiosity, I want to see if it's something else, learn something. Hey, just thinking, the error code is the same each time: The instruction at "0x75c54a27" referenced memory at "0x00000240". Anywhere on the net I can find out what that means? I'm not a newbie and this is really stumping me, hate when I can't figure out something so simple like this, ha thanx for helping me here, no other forum has so far except Tech Support, he suggested using the RIES tool. That's why I put the question in multiple forums, duh

#9 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

After doing some intensive search on the web. I have found that the majority of the postings / informations was all related to the Nvidia drivers. It should also be visible in the taskmanager. (Others was more obscure or stated it as a malware type, not true) So try check if its running in the taskmanager. If it does, you should be able to close it for good in the msconfig screen. To access msconfig: Goto start-->Run-->type: Msconfig You did state that you have ATI , but could it be possible in any way that you have had, either long ago or by mistake, any Nvidia drivers downloaded onto your PC? You might wanna do a search for anything related to Nvidia and Sysfader in the search function under start. Hidden folders should be included in the search........ Regards Abydos

Abydos

#10 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Advanced Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hi :). Must admit quite perplexed myself now being honest :(. By all means try both Abydos advice and what paws mentioned re a system rollback in post#3. Only other possibility I can think of at the moment within the time frame since the problem occurred is the last IE7 update: Security Update for Internet Explorer KB944533 Remove it and try Google Video again, then visit Microsoft Update and re-download/install the update.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

yea, that's something else I was going to do, investigate more if I got any nVidia stuff on here. I've got Everest and Astra32 and desktop search, so I'll look around. But I thought all my vido stuff was controlled by ATI, whatever. Oh yea, I also uninstalled my Google toolbar because I had ran across that somewhere, but no good either. I'll check back. Appreciate your time searching for me, really (-; But why only Google Video? Are they running something unusual on the site? Does the site run code any different from YouTube? both are Google. oh, and it's not malware or from an infection I'm sure. I got security covered. Keep my pc squeaky clean.

#12 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Will do Dakeyras, reinstall the update, thanks for searching it down, i get autoupdates and don't check them much, what they are, names.

#13 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

ok, here's what i've found (but no solution, just fyi)

There is a thread here

http://beyondteck.bl...rexe-error.html

where someone says Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5 was causing the Sysfader error,
so i unstalled it, but no solution at Google Video.

Then this thread

http://www.wildersse.......4363&page=7

suggest a DIVX player was causing it, and by george, I had installed one from
Stage 6 (after much trepidation, but I searched it out and everybody said Stage 6 was kosher)
So i unstalled it and the uploader thing bundled with it. I was SURE that was
it, but still the error on GV.

and that same thread, someone solved the problem by replacing the "msjava.dll"
so I deleted that, and reinstalled a new one I got from dll-files.com
but still the problem on Google Video.

Then searching for Nvidia on my pc, I found a bunch of keys with RegSeeker associated
with "GeForce4MX 440-SE" but I ain't got a clue what that is. I went to Nvidia website
and looked it up, and it exist, but I don't know what it is??? The keys were identified
as having been Microsoft. But I don't have any video game software on my pc I know of.
It's a Gateway e-machine, and Nvidia may be part of the original OEM, but I've had the
computer for a couple years with no problem like this thus far.

Now i am trying to find a place that updates Nvidia driver stuff, wasn't anything on the
Nvidia site about updating or recent error reports or anything. Still searching.

I am tempted to do a system restore, but ............................stubborn, ha

#14 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

suggest a DIVX player was causing it, and by george, I had installed one from
Stage 6 (after much trepidation, but I searched it out and everybody said Stage 6 was kosher)
So i unstalled it and the uploader thing bundled with it. I was SURE that was
it, but still the error on GV.

Stage6 was an upload place for ripped movies, video's and music. I say was, because Stage6 doesn't exist anymore.

Then searching for Nvidia on my pc, I found a bunch of keys with RegSeeker associated
with "GeForce4MX 440-SE" but I ain't got a clue what that is. I went to Nvidia website
and looked it up, and it exist, but I don't know what it is??? The keys were identified
as having been Microsoft. But I don't have any video game software on my pc I know of.
It's a Gateway e-machine, and Nvidia may be part of the original OEM

GeForce4Mx is a graphic-card ! Was your PC "born" with a Geforce card, rather than an ATI?
It seems that way. Or maybe it was born with some kind of bloatware (Crapware as some call it). Just having a hard time
to justify the presence of drivers for a graphic-card as bloatware.

I've had the
computer for a couple years with no problem like this thus far.

An MS update could have triggered it.

Now i am trying to find a place that updates Nvidia driver stuff, wasn't anything on the
Nvidia site about updating or recent error reports or anything. Still searching.

Why? Aint it just a matter of deleting the reg.keys, and see what happens?
Remember to make backup of your reg.keys database if you go ahead deleting. If you don't know how to backup:

Goto Start-->Run-->Type: Regedit.exe-->Choose File in the drop-menu-->Choose Export.

Then export to a suitable location.

I usually store my back-ups away from my system partition, and preferably on a extern media. Any USB storage device will do, or burn it down on a re-writeable disc is also a solution.

Regards Abydos B)

Abydos

#15 CilyPudi

CilyPudi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

ha, it's 3am and I just been round the world with this puzzle.
First i found the "MSI MS-StarForce GeForce4 MX 440SE" is associated
with my Gateway Micro-Star motherboard, found that here

http://www.fixya.com...phics_cards/f29

But I can't find no Nvidia stuff anywhere with Everest. but now
I'm convinced there's some Nvidia lurking around somewhere, so I start
looking for driver updates for the GeForce4 MX 440SE, and find
some here

http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/37885

I download them, but i ain't too sure about installing all that
without uninstalling the stuff i can't find

Then I find what I think are more accurate drivers for what I need here

http://global.msi.co...amp;prod_no=780

so I dl that package as well. The I spend 2 hrs trying to find how
to uninstall/install this mess

So I decided on the 71.68 package, and try to install them and, duhhhhhh
the drivers don't recognize any Nvidia on my system. But I look at the
drivers included in the package and recognize some that are already in my System 32 called "nv4_mini.sys" and also a "nv4_disp.dll" and those are
labelled "NVIDIA compatible Windows 2000 Miniport driver"

well hot dayam, I found some Nvidia on my pc. But in the meantime of
trying to install carp** i don't need, I kill my audio, but I made
a restore point before doing all the tinkering, so I'm back to good now.

I'm searching around for problems or updates for those two Nvidia files
now. And I got a new copy of IE7 to try a reinstall of that. But as of now
still get the Sysfader error on Google Video only. But I did locate
some Nvidia files. guess they come with the Micro-Star MBoard.

I'll run RegSeeker again and locate those keys that tipped me off and remove
them (with a backup). And Microsoft just sent some new updates, so I'll install those.
Then get some sleep, ha. thanx dudes.