Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] please help to remove a number of infections

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#16 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

Good Morning,

Looks like SDfix got it :thumbup: The rest of your log looks fine.

Download CCleaner from here to clean temp files from your computer.
  • Double click on the file to start the installation of the program.
  • Select your language and click OK, then next.
  • Read the license agreement and click I Agree.
  • Click next to use the default install location. Click Install then finish to complete installation.
  • Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
  • On the "Windows" tab, under "Internet Explorer," uncheck "Cookies" if you do not want them deleted. (If deleted, you will likely need to reenter your passwords at all sites where a cookie is used to recognize you when you visit).
  • If you use either the Firefox or Mozilla browsers, the box to uncheck for "Cookies" is on the Applications tab, under Firefox/Mozilla.
  • Click on the "Options" icon at the left side of the window, then click on "Advanced."
    deselect "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours."
  • Click on the "Cleaner" icon on the left side of the window, then click Run Cleaner to run the program.
  • Caution: It is not recommended that you use the "Issues" feature unless you are very familiar with the registry as it has been known to find legitimate items.
  • After CCleaner has completed its process, click Exit.

*NOTE* CCleaner deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders. If you have anything in a temp folder, back it up or move it to a permanent folder prior to running CCleaner!
**Note** Go to Options> Cookies and any you want to keep move them to The Keep window

• Your Java is out of date and leaving your system vulnerable.
  • Go to your Add-Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall any previous versions of Java (J2SE Runtime Environment)
  • It should have an icon next to it:
    Posted Image
    Select it and click Remove.
  • Reboot your system.
  • Then go to the Sun Microsystems and install the update
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5 <--This is what you need to download and install.
  • If you chose the online installation, it will prompt you to run the program.
  • If you chose the offline installation, you will be prompted to save the file and you can run it from wherever you saved it.
  • Then after install you can verify your installation here Sun Java Verify
I like to to do the offline installation and save the setup file in case I may need it in the future

How are things running now ??????????????

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 vp mk

vp mk

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

hi, while im runing the cleaner and updating java, i.ve got a quick query. theres two applications that i have no idea wot they do which are atsonlinesupportfiles and boontybox. i could probably uninstall boontybox but i dont know about atsonlinesupportfiles. cheers

#18 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

http://www.boontybox.com/

These appear to be related go gaming, you can uninstall them if you don't use them. FYI Not all but some gaming sites are a hotbed for downloading malware , I stay away from them myself.

Keep in mind if you install some of these programs. Only ONE Anti Virus and only ONE Firewall is recommended, more is overkill and can cause you problems. You can install all the Spyware programs I have listed without any problems. If you install Spyware Blaster, you can still install Spybot Search and Destroy but do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot.

Here are some free programs to install, all free and highly regarded by the fine people in the Malware Removal Community
  • Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5
    Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis. If you install Spyware Blaster ( Recommended ) then do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy.
  • Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed. No scan to run, just update about once a week and enable all protection.
  • Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts, again, no scan to run, just install it and let it do its thing.
  • IE-Spyad
    IE-Spyad places over 6000 web sites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • Firefox 2.0.0.12 It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.

Glad we could help

Safe Surfn
Ken

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#19 vp mk

vp mk

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

hi ken, i'd like to thank you for helping me disinfect this laptop, (still might just hit my mate with it for the grief it caused lol) and for replying almost instantly when i posted this thread and to my replys as well. Its people like you and other on this forum that keep out computers clean of the carp** thats on the internet and also keepin it running smoothly. once again, thank you vp mk. (p.s. the laptop seems to boot up smoothly in about a min and nothing dodgy seems to occur so far.)

#20 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Hey vp mk Glad all is well and thanks for the kind words :thumbup: There is a lot of threats going around, make sure you install the programs I posted, they will help keep you more secure. Take Care, Ken :)

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

#21 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• 23,225 posts
  • MVP

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE