I found this forum while trying to rid my wife's computer of W32.Trats.
I am not the most tech-savy guy you will ever meet, and I am hoping you guys can/will help me.
After reading here, I have a few ideas of what is going on, so let me tell you what I know, what it's doing, and what I've done to this point. I was hoping that I could fix this myself, but it is becoming apparent that I can't.
Sooo… here we go…
Norton caught the W32.Trats and claimed to have "fixed" it. It didn't. Upon logging in, I get the exact same problems. Norton scans show that it found three files, but I can see that it never gets the C;\window\system32\mlljh.exe problem.
When I log on, the machine attempts to do a couple failed installs of HP Assistant and OfficeXP Professional. It also does this any time a browser window opens.
In addition, Norton then says it has detected and blocked/fixed a couple other viruses.
At any rate, after reading here, this is what I have done:
I downloaded ATF-Cleaner.exe and ran it.
I then downloaded and ran Malewarebyte's Anti-Malware. I will post my logs after the scans.
I should point out that I had Malewarebyte perform its corrections and now I am getting some errors when I start up.
I am wondering if I have in fact removed the threats, but need to re-install Office and HP Assistant. Or are my errors indications that I still have a problem?
I was planning of using ComboFix but quickly realized that I wasn't to do that unless directed and under supervision of someone who actually knows what they are doing.
So that is where I am. Can you please help me? My wife is going to kill me if I can't figure this out.
Thanks!
John
Here are my Malewarebyte logs:
First one:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.08
Database version: 499
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 44675
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 28 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 29
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 4
Files Infected: 11
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vehfpird.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.
Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a6f95d03-0c0d-45cc-b714-3afe36881a22} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a6f95d03-0c0d-45cc-b714-3afe36881a22} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{543bd811-f148-4b3a-a0b9-177014555bf9} (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bndblock5.band (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bndblock5.band.1 (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bndblock5.bho (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bndblock5.bho.1 (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{d6b0c179-6343-442c-8175-9652e200cb55} (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ism (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QdrModule (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QdrDrive (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\BndBlock5.DLL (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\BndBlock5.Band (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\BndBlock5.Band.1 (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\BndBlock5.BHO (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\BndBlock5.BHO.1 (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aoprndtws (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\jkwslist (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\aldd (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\affltid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affltid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Juan (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\QdrDrive (Adware.AdBand) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ISM (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\QdrModule (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Warren\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljh.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hjllm.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vehfpird.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dripfhev.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\QdrDrive\qdrloader.exe (Adware.AdBand) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ISM\ism.exe (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ISM\Uninstall.exe (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Warren\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Check Now.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Jennifer Warren\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Uninstall.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Yazzle1552OinUninstaller.exe (Adware.PurityScan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Second one after attempted removal:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.08
Database version: 499
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 44596
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 21 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
EDIT:
I just downloaded HijackThis and generated a log. This is the HijackThis log:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: {0ec90638-17cf-0cc8-74e4-eae2238abb6f} - {f6bba832-2eae-4e47-8cc0-fc7183609ce0} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\exqwqnsc.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 10.0] "C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1cf8d5d8] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\vehfpird.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM1fcbe644] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hrdbcefo.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Creative Home\Hallmark Card Studio 2006\Planner\PLNRnote.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://photo.walgreens.com/WalgreensActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as…abs/tgctlsr.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{89BBDF9E-59CC-4F7F-9766-62AB99CE44DC}: NameServer = 205.152.132.23 205.152.37.23
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iifcdab - iifcdab.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: GEARSecurity - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/JENNIF~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - http://www.swfa.com/images/zeiss58.jpg
–
End of file - 6661 bytes