This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have been getting security alert pop ups on my laptop for the last two days. Message is there there is a Worm32 Netsky virus. I downloaded the Netsky and it didn't find the virus. Also ran Full Scan of my Symantec Anti-Virus: no risks. But I also get a pop-up that shows Downloader as a risk, and Deleted. Problem now is I cannot access the Internet. I'm sending this message from my desktop. Please help. thank you.
Posted Image vkoenig,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I would suggest that you go here and follow all the directions for posting a log.
Because you are unable to access the internet with your laptop, you are going to need to have a thumb drive or some way to transfer "tools" from your desktop to your laptop, and logs from your laptop to your desktop for posting.

Good luck.