Hi Chazyb,
If your current situation is looking stable then we can close this topic.
Other projects would be better as New Topics.
Yes – on MS Uninstall Utility and Samsung.
And yes, you do have "a nice little pc"
Best Regards
Hi and thank you Doug, yes everything is fine thank you so we could close the topic, thank you again for your time and help, you get a 5 out of 5 stars from me
Thanks and keep well
chazy
The uninstaller removed the Samsung usb thing but I cannot find this in the list that comes up in the uninstaller prog
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "this".
____________________________
Microsoft's Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not "uninstall the application" and does not "remove links to the application"
In fact, the actual application should in most cases continue to run exactly how it had run before (good or bad).
What Windows Installer CleanUp Utility "does" remove, is all the "installation log and installation configuration files" that were needed by Windows at the time of installing the application, but no longer needed for actual running of the application.
____________________________
If you want the application itself to be Uninstalled, you will first need to "reinstall" it into the same location as the original.
Reinstalling will copy fresh/uncorrupted files for the application, and will re-populate the "installation log and configuration files" that Windows saves so that it will know what files to remove if the owner/user decides to use Control Panel - Add/Remove to do a complete uninstall of the application.
Then use Control Panel - Add/Remove to uninstall the application.
Hi Doug, oh I see now what you mean I think lol, I have packed the original sortware away now ready to go back with the phone, can I just leave things as they are untill I decide sometime in the future that I want a Samsung phone? Then say I did get a Samsung phone at a later date would I just install the software? or would I have install then uninstall then install lol. Oh and the THIS was associated with the pic I posted above the Samsung file YP-UI, it is not listed in the Microsoft's Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and I wondered why.
If you want that Samsung item cleaned up from your computer, you should do it now.
If you come back later with a different Samsung hardware device that comes with a different installation CD, it will "not' install "overtop" of the old Samsung, and therefore the old item will still be laying there cluttering up your Add/remove and C:\program files, registry, Windows\system32, etc.
But hey, I still have a stack of newspapers on the kitchen table, that I haven't yet read, and probably won't.
It's up to you as a owner/user.
___________________
As to THIS = YP-UI.
I have no clue what this is. UI ordinarily refers to User Interface…. It was probably installed along with the rest of the Samsung files and does not have a separate Uninstall log.
If you decide to "reinstall – then uninstall", my guess would be that all Samsung items would become available for uninstall via Add/remove.
Even if you mean to pack the Samsung phone away and maybe later bring the same phone and installation back (or different samsung phone and installation) at that time, it is entirely up to you…. whether or not you want to clean up the Samsung stuff from your computer at this time or not.
Thank you Doug, I will do it now. So I install then after it's installed I uninstall it in Add/Remove progs? Oh I just had a thought I think the last installation was from the Samsung web site, do I get it from there again. As I was having problems I was told by Samsung to download an updated version from their site, now I don't know what too do lol
thanks
chazy
As I have never worked with these items, I am rather in-the-dark.
1.)
It appears that Samsung PC Studio 3 USB Driver Installer is the only one that lists a size.
Does Add/Remove give you an option to Uninstall that one?
_________________
2.)
Do Samsung USB Drivers appear in your Device Manager?
_________________
3.)
Do these items appear as a Folder in C:\Program Files\?
4.)
Does the presence of these items cause any performance problem to your machine?
(aside from the annoying nuisance value)
5.)
Are you getting the annoying alerts during Boot (when starting your machine) that you mentioned at the beginning of this work?
6.) Do any of these items appear in your MSCONFIG - StartUps? (whether or not they are checkmarked)
___________
Perhaps with answers to the above, we can be of further assistance.
Hi Doug, sorry about the delay getting back to you {been babyminding my one year old Grandson all day}
The Samsung thing appears in All Programes and in Add/Remove
It does not appear in Device Manager or in Programe files in C Drive or in misconfig.
Samsung PC Studio 3 USB Driver Installer does give me the option to remove but I get the same error message as I did at the start about this prog needs to close.
There was no message when I re booted after tryng to remove it in Add/Remove like there was at the start of all this and no it doesn't appear to be causing any problems with my pc. I am just concerned that I will never be able to put a Samsung phone software on my pc in the future if this remains.
thanks Doug for your help, Any ideas about getting rid lol?
chazy
There may be some things we can do "locally" on your machine to get rid of it.
However, please cruise on over to the Samsung website and see if they offer an Uninstall Utility.