The file you have downloaded for JAVA JRE 6 u 4 is jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe
It downloaded to the "default" location that your browser uses to save downloads.
Sometimes that is the Desktop, sometimes My Downloads, sometimes a place you decided to reserve for downloads.
If you really don't know where it was saved:
Run a Search for it
Download it again and watch carefully when the download panel tells you what is being downloaded from where to where.
____________________–
"Disabling" StartUp items via CodeStuff Starters is accomplished simply be "remove the checkmark" from in front of the item(s) you wish to disable.
Keep your AOL
***after the JAVE JRE 6 u 4 is installed, go back into CodeStuff Starters and disable the jushed.exe <– all it is is a JAVA Update Scheduler that keeps checking to see if there is a new update. Bah! Waste of band width and system resources. You can check about once every couple of months for a JAVA Update, or come back here to Check in our WTT Updates To Software Discussion Forum.
When all is said and done, will you please Run and Post a Fresh PCPitstop Full Tests?
I'd like to give it a final look.
Hi Doug, thank you very much for all your help and patience with me my pc seems to be running really well and start up is much faster lol.
The only problem now is the original one
The first is to do with an error I get every time I try to uninstall a Samsung program ''Setup exe has encountered a problem and needs to close''
The second is a message I get at start up in a box before any icons load or anything, ''Windows cannot find C:\program files\installshield install all action information\ {c4a4722e-79f9-517c-bd72-bd359ao9oc97} setup.exe, make sure then try again, To search for a file click start button and click search.'' This error only occures when I try to remove the Samsung file as above
Any help with this would be great thank you
chazy
Is this the Samsung program you are trying to uninstall? Samsung PC Studio 3 USB Driver Installer Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Mar 12, 2007
Often times the reason for this error message is that the application program or process has already been "partially" uninstalled,or the uninstaller is corrupted.
What method are you using to uninstall the Samsung program?
Control Panel - Add/Remove ???
Please look to see if that program is contained in a folder in C:\Program Files\ (for instance, Samsung USB)
If it is there, take a look inside the Folder to see if there is an Uninstaller included.
If so, give it a try.
If not, please let us know.
_____________
Please look for the 2nd of the two items you have mentioned, in the same manner… C:program files\
Hi Doug
This is strange lol, Yes in add/remove progs it's the Samsung USB thing I cannot uninstall which leads to the start up error. In All Progs I have Samsung YP-UI uninstaller but get a different error message when I click to uninstall. In C/Progs I have nothing???? relating to Samsung very strange lol.
Any Ideas please, I need all traces of this blooming Samsung thing removing because I need a fresh install of the prog and any little bit remaining is causing problems.
thanks
chazy
So you want to reinstall the Samsung item.
And it won't install when you use its regular installer.
What is this Samsung item that you wish to remove and reinstall?
Usually Samsung relates to a Hard Drive. That's why I ask.
You wouldn't often need/want to uninstall something related to your machine's hard drive.
But if the device or application is some other Samsung item, then follow the instructions below:
Hi Doug
If I cannot achieve the above it will be fine because I have decided to go with a different Mobile phone however I am worried there could be conflict between the programs if I cannot get rid of all traces of Samsung and I would like to at least rid my pc of the bleeping Samsung thing lol
thanks
chazy
Yes Doug, it's a mobile phone software not hardware, so can I use the above uninstaller? would that be safe? and can I do it for the YU-PI thing as well?
thanks
chazy
yes to both.
MS Uninstaller Utility removes the "installation log and related files" for any specific installed application.
Therefore your machine "believes" that the application has never been installed, and allows a fresh installation.
Thank you Doug, this may be my last thing to do on my pc for now lol. I thank you so much for helping me and although it was a long journey we got there in the end
Just two more things lol once I have used the uninstaller shall I remove it or keep it on my pc? and you were going to explain why you do not like my Magic Defrag lol
thanks
chazy
you can keep the MS Uninstaller for future need.
Ordinarily you would use Add/Remove to uninstall applications.
But if that somehow fails, you could use the MS Uninstall Utility and then make a fresh installation into the same locations that the application previously resided. At that point, you the Add/Remove function would most likely be available to Uninstall if desired.
I prefer to use the MS native Defrag tool.
Your Ashampoo utility appears to be running in the background all the time.
It "could" interfere with an application trying to open, if that location of the HD was presently being defragged.
Not likely, and there are some built in safeguards, but I don't like the possibility anyway.
Since it is defragging in the background during Normal operation, it can only defrag selected areas of the HD, leaving the rest fragmented. So it is unlikely to ever complete a full defrag.
Using the native MS Defrag tool while in SAFE Mode, once a week or once in two weeks, would likely do a more complete defragmentation.
Defragging, in general, is "over-rated".
Yes the Hard Drive should not be allowed to become 15% or more defragmented, but frequent or constant defragging does little to improve performance and it does "use up" the expected life-span of read/write cycles that a HD can endure.
Finally, background defragging comsumes machine RAM and CPU resources that I'd rather have available for my selected application and use of the machine.
Ok Doug you have convinced me I will remove magic de frag. I do really need to remove some software as well but the Add/Remove tool doesn't seem to list them all? is there another way to see just what Software I have on my pc? I also have a lot in my Unused Desktop {I don't even know what some things are anymore lol} I could do with something that tells me what I have and what they are for lol? Does something like that exist ?
thanks Doug
chazy
Your Pit Test gives you a list of your Installed Software and when you installed it. In most cases it also lists the source company.
You can use Google to locate descriptions of the software application for making decisions about keeping or uninstalling.
Applications "could" be installed almost anywhere on your machine, but most will be found in your Folders in C:\Program Files\
Most\if not all of the application software installed on your computer "should" be able to be seen from "any" user-login, including your "unused Desktop".
But you can switch login to cruise around in there to see what's up.
If you find unwanted applications in your C:\program files\, and they are not listed in Control Panel - Add/Remove…..
You can use the same procedure recommended above for your Samsung applications.
Apply Windows Uninstall Utility
Re-install the application "over the top" (into the same original folder location)
Then you should be able to run Control Panel Add/Remove to successfully uninstall the application.
Hello Doug
Thank you very much for getting my pc into good working order it does feel a good deal better and faster. I just need to sort the Samsung thing out and the software and I should have a nice little pc if I should need help with anything else do I start a new topic? or stay with this one? Are there any other things I should be looking at? or am I good to go?
Oh forgot to say, I have decided not to reinstall the Samsung software at this time, however if I do decide to go back to a Samsung phone and need the software in the future will the prog you suggested to uninstall it now allow me to reinstall again some time down the road?
thanks Doug
Chazy
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI