Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Runs really fast then stops.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Quicksigns

Quicksigns

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

I got your message and the problem is universal with any program that uses the internet. The other problem with the error message "Services and Controller app has encountered and problem and needs to close." "Send Error Report - Don't Send" Is back and comes up ever time I start the computer. I checked the drivers for the graphics card and they are up to date.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hi Quicksigns

Hmmm, strange. Does the error say anything about what kind of error it is? Any error messages or the like?

Try boot the computer in safemode and see if the problem still occurs.
Hit F8 right after the BIOS screen, keep tabbing it till you get to the black boot screen, use the arrow keys to start in safe mode.
If the problem doesn't occur here, try safe mode with network and see if it re-occurs.

If it does, we may have to configure windows to start in a clean boot state. The following link explains that procedure.
If it aint one of your software programs, you may be facing yet another infection :unsure: But not sure on that one tho.

Link to clean boot state: LINK

Please report back with your findings.

Regards Abydos

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#33 Quicksigns

Quicksigns

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:01 PM

I did the clean boot and don't get the error message, but still get slow internet. This is driving me crazy.

#34 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hi Quicksigns Sorry for answering this late, but have been out of town :blush: Well. I would like to know if you have any error messages in your system-logs. To access those; Right-click the "my computer" icon, click the Administration or management option. Now you are in the computer-administration menu. Find the one that says logbook. Check under system, Internet Explorer and programs for any errors. They should be marked with a red cross. Report your findings. You wrote the error wasn't present in clean boot state, does that mean the error was still present in safe mode, with or without network? Regards Abydos

Edited by Abydos, 22 February 2008 - 02:11 PM.

Abydos

#35 Quicksigns

Quicksigns

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

I think I have bigger problems. This is what I have. "Local Area Connection has Limited or No Connectivity." And another message that says This computer has a ip conflict with another computer. This is what I have done: Ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew. Replaced the cable Unistalled the Ethernet card and rebooted and let windows refind it. Plugged straight in to the modem, bypassing the router. All to no avail. Still no internet. What now?

#36 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

Hi Quicksigns

Sounds like you have assigned the IP's manually. You need to set the modem/router to obtain them automatically.

You also wants to repair your connection. Go through Controlpanel, internet connections, right-click your connection and choose repair.

The popup error message should go away once the connection is repaired. If not, have a look at this: LINK

In the logbook, did you find any error's? (To obtain info on the error, if any, rightclick it and select the properties option)

Regards Abydos

Abydos

#37 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hi Quicksigns Have you given up on the problem or did you find a solution? Its allright, if you don't wanna pursue the matter further. But a little message about doing so would be nice. :unsure: Anyways, hope you got the problem fixed one way or the other. Regards Abydos

Abydos

#38 Quicksigns

Quicksigns

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

The problem go so bad that programs would not open and the ones that would open ran really slow. I called the Dell Tech Support and they worked with me for over 2 hours on different suggestions, but in the end, I had to reinstall windows. I now know how important it is to only use HiJackThis when 1 of you guys tell me too and not on my own. Whatever it was that I accidentally deleted was very important. i have a fresh system with Comodo, AVG, and SuperAntispyware. Guess I am the kind that has to learn the hard way. Thank you for all you tried to do.

#39 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

Hi Quicksigns I'm glad youre up and running with your PC, but its darn whenever a re-format is required. :( And as you say, you are a lesson richer. HJT is only for Experts, who knows what to be messed with and what to leave alone. That said, I hope you will use the WTT in the future and not be discouraged cus of the problem not being solved. There are truly genius's among the users here (not me included there ^_^ ) who can and will help with a variety of problems should they occur. Best of lucks with your new installment. Regards Abydos :)

Abydos