This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] is wininit.exe a virus?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My laptop restarts automatically or sometimes just won't boot. I have read that wininit.exe could be a virus, on my laptop running on Vista Premium 32-bit, it is located in C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe. I have ran NoAdware v5.0 and RegRun on my laptop and it always appears as dangerous, they both say it has been removed, but when I reboot my laptop and re scan it appears again. The file it self is 96kb, is this a virus and how do I remove it. Thanks!!
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI