This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browser Optimizer Decads

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Today I opened up the Add/Remove programs panels & scrolling down the list I found an entry called "Browser Optimizer Dcads". Under the support info, all it says is 4.5.0.0. Size is un-specified. If you click Change/Remove it shows a set of numbers/letters in a box & it says "enter the confirmation code to uninstall". My question is what is this and do I need it? Should I remove it? What would have installed it? Please help.
Hi Ben T,

Welcome to WhatThetech, :) thank you for choosing this forum for your queries.

I have done some research for you regarding your entry in Add and Remove. The best I can come up with that is is a Browser Optimizer.

Have you had your computer from new and are you the only person that has access to it?

More information about the machine and your time with it would be of help.

kind regards,

Hi Ben T,

Welcome to WhatThetech, :) thank you for choosing this forum for your queries.

I have done some research for you regarding your entry in Add and Remove. The best I can come up with that is is a Browser Optimizer.

Have you had your computer from new and are you the only person that has access to it?

More information about the machine and your time with it would be of help.

kind regards,


This is a custom built computer so I suppose the answer your first question is yes. In response to your second question, I am the only one on this computer with administrative privileges but I do have a guest account with limited access. That account is a member of the "guest" group so anyone with access to that account can't install anything and the other one is password protected. Why do you ask?

Nothing about that link looked familiar.
Hi Ben,

I ask because if you purchased the computer from new and no other person has had access to it with full Administrative Rights, the Browser Optimizer was already installed when you purchased it or you may have installed it some time ago…………….forgetting about it until now.

Can you approach the IT shop where you bought it and ask them how to uninstall the software, as without the correct code, I cannot help you I am afraid.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help to you at this time uninstalling through Add and Remove.

I can give you a software program that will certainly uninstall it, but it is final and I suggest you read up about it and use at your own risk.

Windows install Cleanup

kind regards,

Hi Ben,

I ask because if you purchased the computer from new and no other person has had access to it with full Administrative Rights, the Browser Optimizer was already installed when you purchased it or you may have installed it some time ago…………….forgetting about it until now.

Can you approach the IT shop where you bought it and ask them how to uninstall the software, as without the correct code, I cannot help you I am afraid.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help to you at this time uninstalling through Add and Remove.

I can give you a software program that will certainly uninstall it, but it is final and I suggest you read up about it and use at your own risk.

Windows install Cleanup

kind regards,


I think you misunderstood me. It gives you the code & has you type it in for uninstall confirmation. Also this is new but I installed a game yesterday so maybe it came with that. I built this computer myself so no preinstalled anything. Do you think that I should remove it? One final thing is that I have the uninstall utility from microsoft installed & it didn't show up on that.
Hi Ben,

Yes, you assumed correctly, I thought you did not have the code to uninstall.

Yes, if you do not need it uninstall it - But if you think it came with the recently installed game, then the game may not work without it……………your choice whether you uninstall or not.

Curious that it did not show up on the Windows Install Cleanup Utility. I know why I have "learning each day" as my signature, it is so true.

kind regards,

PS. One thought you could do a PCPitstop test and see what that comes up with. Interesting for you as you built your own computer….well done :)
_______________________________

http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are "flashed" onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Hi Ben T You sure its spelled Decads? Because i've heard of Dcads. Just to clarify that the actual spelling is right or not. Regards Abydos

Hi Ben,

Yes, you assumed correctly, I thought you did not have the code to uninstall.

Yes, if you do not need it uninstall it - But if you think it came with the recently installed game, then the game may not work without it……………your choice whether you uninstall or not.

Curious that it did not show up on the Windows Install Cleanup Utility. I know why I have "learning each day" as my signature, it is so true.

kind regards,

PS. One thought you could do a PCPitstop test and see what that comes up with. Interesting for you as you built your own computer….well done :)
_______________________________

http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are "flashed" onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.



What would this test show me? I friend of mine thinks that this is spy ware.

Hi Ben T

You sure its spelled Decads? Because i've heard of Dcads. Just to clarify that the actual spelling is right or not.

Regards Abydos


You're right, it is dcads. Mean anything to you?
Hello BenT,

We at WhatThetech would never recommend a test that has spyware. What qualifications does your friend have and where did he acquire that information?

I have suggested many folk run a pit test test which gives you an overview of your entire system with tips how to correct anything that will make your computer run better for you.

You can read about the well respected tests on this link

As always we only suggest to help so it is of course your choice what you do from this moment on.

kind regards,

Hi Ben T

You sure its spelled Decads? Because i've heard of Dcads. Just to clarify that the actual spelling is right or not.

Regards Abydos


You're right, it is dcads. Mean anything to you?


Hi again Ben T

It certainly does.
I would recommend you get rid of it asap. You said you had recently installed a new game, i bet it was a freeware game. Dcads sometimes appear in such free games, normally on sites with a no good reputation! Its considered spy and malware as far as my knowledge about it goes.

I would recommend that you post a HJT-log. Not here, but at the right place in this forum, under HiJackThis logs and infection.

Be sure to read this first.

In order to get rid of it, also it usually doesn't come alone, so you might have suffered other kind of infections. Not saying you have, but better be sure.

Regards Abydos

Hi Ben T

You sure its spelled Decads? Because i've heard of Dcads. Just to clarify that the actual spelling is right or not.

Regards Abydos


You're right, it is dcads. Mean anything to you?


Hi again Ben T

It certainly does.
I would recommend you get rid of it asap. You said you had recently installed a new game, i bet it was a freeware game. Dcads sometimes appear in such free games, normally on sites with a no good reputation! Its considered spy and malware as far as my knowledge about it goes.

I would recommend that you post a HJT-log. Not here, but at the right place in this forum, under HiJackThis logs and infection.

Be sure to read this first.

In order to get rid of it, also it usually doesn't come alone, so you might have suffered other kind of infections. Not saying you have, but better be sure.

Regards Abydos


I ran some spy ware scans earlier with no indications of spy ware. 4 different programs: zone alarm pro, super anti pysware, spybot search and destroy, & spy ware terminator. Will try the log.

The game was free because of offer I completed but it isn't freeware (they normally charge for it).

Hello BenT,

We at WhatThetech would never recommend a test that has spyware. What qualifications does your friend have and where did he acquire that information?

I have suggested many folk run a pit test test which gives you an overview of your entire system with tips how to correct anything that will make your computer run better for you.

You can read about the well respected tests on this link

As always we only suggest to help so it is of course your choice what you do from this moment on.

kind regards,


I think you mis understood me. I wasn't suggesting that the test was spy ware. I was just asking if you think that the program is spy ware.
The friend I was referring to is a CS major like me & he looked it up.
Hi Ben,

If I misunderstood you I apologise, however your text in the quote below is very clear to me.

BenT wrote
What would this test show me? I friend of mine thinks that this is spy ware.


I would still do the pit test rather than the HJT log as that forum is so busy you may have a very long wait for attention. The accredited volunteers over there are stretched to the limit and do the very best they can, however there are more logs posted than experts to analyse them.

We have to thank them for even being there as they do have families and other jobs and only spare the time to assist when they are free to do so.

king regards,

Hi Ben,

If I misunderstood you I apologise, however your text in the quote below is very clear to me.

BenT wrote
What would this test show me? I friend of mine thinks that this is spy ware.


I would still do the pit test rather than the HJT log as that forum is so busy you may have a very long wait for attention. The accredited volunteers over there are stretched to the limit and do the very best they can, however there are more logs posted than experts to analyse them.

We have to thank them for even being there as they do have families and other jobs and only spare the time to assist when they are free to do so.

king regards,


Oh I meant that my friend thinks that the program that I found is spy ware, not the test that you are recommending-sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll do the test. And run the anti spy ware although I've never thought to do it in safe mode.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI