Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

unstable browser faints away on websites

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hello Tallin,

This is the last thing I'm doing for the night, for whatever reason my system restore didn't save the 3% disk reduction i chose. here is the data. I worked hard remove junk files too.

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop...4AQSWNSWHGSKZDG

Blessings,
Pam

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hi Pam,

Sorry for the delay, some caused by a visit to the Periodonist and the rest going through your last Pit Test to list items I feel you could correct to improve your computers speed.

How much customizing are you prepared to do? It is prudent to ask you that question as there is a lot to do but rather than swamp you with it I ask first.

Regarding your AVG Antivirus and Antispyware program. Now you have disabled the AVG AntiVirus I think it would be better to leave it installed in Add and Remove as unless you enable it again in Services it will do no harm. If you want to manually run AVG Antspyware, just change it to manual in Services at will. All your Antispyware installed should be run manually and randomly in my opinion.

Regarding the Grisoft Folder in Progam Files, leave it as it at this stage please.

In your Pit Test you have Antivirus SBC Yahoo Application installed. I would unintall that one as you really do not need it. As before mentioned only one Antvirus program should be enabled as they will conflict if more than one.

You will notice ctfmon.exe running in your pit test. If you do not use other languages you can turn it off as follows:

start >settings >controlpanel >regional and Language option >languages >details >advanced >enable 'Turn off advanced text services' >okay > apply >okay.

For me it was just another startup item that I never used. Here is a link to explain just what it is.

Pam, I am going to leave this now -

I will send more suggestions after I hear from you regarding how much you want to do your end.

I hope this is helping, kind regards, :wavey:

Edited by tallin, 20 January 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#18 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:10 PM

Hello Tallin,

I have freed up C program files and disk space.

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop...4AQSWNSWHGSKZDG

Blessings,
Pam

#19 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

:thumbup: You are doing so well Pam, your C:\Drive is better. Good work there.

Your system restore is correct at 3%.

Your............ Memory Type 0+256;DIMM,?18,|Synchronous;T16 you have one slot free. To run XP the minimum is around 512MB. It is remarkable that you have achieved this with so little RAM.

Let me know how far you want to go with customising your machine further please. There is lots to do if you want to proceed.

Please check your Windows Updates are current... meaning up to date............thanks

kind regards,

#20 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hello Tallin, I couldn't of have achieve this without your help, Thank you so much.. ;) I will work on the color next. when I have some free time, just check in tonight to see your post, putting in 10 hour days at work,. which this computer is very valuable asset, Thank you again keeping me working. :thumbup: Blessings, Pam :D