This is the problem before email issues, which are resolved now. When I went to the Trendmicro for free virus and adware scan, during download of the scanner browser fainted away. I would go back to site to proceed and the same thing happened. Spyware Doctor found 13 dangerous adware and quarantine them. Microsoft was going to help me, but wanted me to use there software virus adware scanner 90 days free. Didn't want to go that rout. AVG didn't find anything, either.
Later my modem ran very slow. could be the lightning strike to surge protector. Had to call HP which at one time I had tech support. The tech was kind and told me to go buy a new modem. for $29.00 or less. at Office Depot. while there , sales man said virus and adware attack modems too.. so bought Webroot's Spy Sweeper with anti virus protection.
I installed new modem, I got rid of Spyware Doctor and AVG, and downloaded Spyweeper and updates, then went in safe-mode to run scanner, it found nothing. now everything seams good. but last night went to a website I enjoy that I forgot address and google it. My browser faints away each time I attempted website loading. I had to close out tab to website, on Firefox browser to get to this tab for whatthetech site.
This is the website I went to
www.fairfaxpresby.com/spiritual_spa/index.html
I hope you can help me as you have before.
Blessings
Pam
Sorry you are having problems with your machine. Below is the message I get when I attempted to load your website in quotes below.
This is the website I went to
www.fairfaxpresby.com/spiritual_spa/index.html
Page not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP 404 - File not found
I suggest you do a PCPitstop test to give us a full overview of your system by following:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.
Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are "flashed" onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.
Thank you Tallin for taking this on for me. here are the scan results. My java and Active X were disabled and didn't know it.
On the website, address above, remove the l at the end of address, site vanish fast, so I couldn''t copy and paste it. www.fairfaxpresby.com/spiritual_spa/index.htm/
C:\ … ings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp486 files, 179.26 MB
C:\ … calService\Local Settings\Temp9 files, 0.07 MB
C:\ … orkService\Local Settings\Temp1 files, 0.00 MB
Recycle Bin C0 files, 0.00 MB
Recycle Bin D0 files, 0.00 MB
IE cache255 files, 22.04 MB
Internet performanceScanned 14 items
Firefox performanceScanned 16 items
Ping245 milliseconds avg
CLSIDsScanned 4338 items
ProgidsScanned 4919 items
AppPathsScanned 104 items
TypelibsScanned 598 items
InterfacesScanned 7506 items
MUICachesScanned 211 items
AddRemovesScanned 304 items
ARPCachesScanned 240 items
FileExtsScanned 115 items
MenuOrdersScanned 49 items
System performanceScanned 8 items
Startup programsScanned 24 items
Download speed112KB, 36.70 sec; 24 kbps
Junk FilesTemporary Files (496 files, 179.32 MB)C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp
Recycle Bins (0 files, 0.00 MB)C:\Recycler
D:\Recycler
Internet Caches (255 files, 22.04 MB)
Internet SettingsHTTP (2 changes recommended)MaxConnectionsPerServer=5
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server=5
TCP/IP (4 changes recommended)MTU=1492
EnablePMTUBHDetect=1
TcpMaxDupAcks=2
TcpWindowSize=34848
Firefox (16 changes recommended)ui.submenuDelay=0
content.interrupt.parsing=true
content.max.tokenizing.time=3000000
content.maxtextrun=8191
content.notify.backoffcount=5
content.notify.interval=750000
content.notify.ontimer=true
content.switch.threshold=750000
nglayout.initialpaint.delay=500
network.http.max-connections=32
network.http.max-connections-per-server=6
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy=8
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server=4
network.http.pipelining=true
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests=8
network.http.proxy.pipelining=true
Startup ProgramsFree Download Manager (Missing startup file)
updateMgr (Missing startup file)
HotKeysCmds
Registry FixesCLSIDs (32 fixes)Component Categories
Interface
TypeLib
Special Effects
ActiveXPlugin Object
General Options
DDCManager Class
MyDVDAPHandler Class
PSFactoryBuffer
ItemInstaller_AMenu Class
Arcsoft LPCM Decoder
MyDVDComm Class
ForMyDVD Class
ArcSoft Mpeg Writer
LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec
LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Decoder
LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Encoder Property Page
LEAD MCMP/MJPEG About Property Page
About
XmlFactory Class
RTCIMService Class
DownloadMgr Class
Mozilla PalmSync
EMClient SD Object
PSFactoryBuffer
ChilkatXml Class
PhotosCtrl Class
ItemInstaller Class
MyDVDRecord Class
Eudora's Shell Extension
Hotmail Attachments Control
{FC9E740F-6058-11D1-8C66-0060081841DE}f
Progids (44 fixes)Eudora.Stationery
URL:Acrobat Protocol
AcroExch.Sequence\DefaultIcon
Directory Class Container
Alg.AlgSetup\CLSID
Alg.AlgSetup.1\CLSID
Bookshelf '95
Connection Manager Profile
Connection Manager Profile
Connection Manager Profile
Microsoft DirectAnimation Path
Microsoft DirectAnimation Sequence
Microsoft DirectAnimation Sequencer
Microsoft DirectAnimation Sprite
Microsoft DirectAnimation Structured Graphics
DSP Class
DSPDMOProp_Chorus Class
Eudora
Eudora Mailbox
Eudora Mailbox
Eudora Stationery
Eudora Stationery
Template Printer class
CUITestConfig Class
pdf_auto_file\shell\Read\Command
Plenoptic Class
Plenoptic Class
Corel Presentations 10 Runtime
Corel Presentations 10 Runtime
QUALCOMM PureVoice File
QUALCOMM PureVoice File
RTCClient Class
RTCClient Class
EBankProblem Object
QuarantinedItemProxy Object
ScripterProxy Object
Microsoft Visual FoxPro Application 5.0
WBEM Connection
WBEM Locator
PublishCntr for WMP 7.0
PublishCntr for WMP 7.0
x-eudora-option\shell\open\Command
ZAMailSafe\DefaultIcon
ZAMailSafe\shell\open\Command
AppPaths (8 fixes)arcsoft.exe
cmmgr32.exe
Eudora.exe
HP IntelliMover Demo
hpi_upvm.exe
ORUN32.EXE
PCDoctor.exe
yourapp.Exe
Typelibs (13 fixes)Microsoft ActiveX Plugin
Chilkat Xml 4.1.0
Microsoft Schedule+ 7.0 Object Library
YPhotos 1.0 Type Library
UserBroker library
ShowBizComm 1.0 Type Library
ProtectorExe 1.0 Type Library
DDCMan 1.0 Type Library
protector_dllLib
MyDVD 1.0 Type Library
Microsoft WinRTC Instant Messaging Provider 1.0 Type Library
HMAtchmt 1.0 Type Library
DDCActiveMenu 1.0 Type Library
Interfaces (42 fixes)IActiveXPlugin
DActiveXPluginEvents
IRTCMediaEvent
IRTCParticipantStateChangeEvent
IIMSessions
IMyDVDRecord
IRTCEventNotification
IMyDVDComm3
IRTCDispatchEventNotification
DMsgrObjectEvents
IEBankProblem
IChilkatXml
IRTCClientEvent
ISearch
IUserBroker
IStatusEvents
IRTCIntensityEvent
IMyDVDComm2
IVideoWindow
IMyDVDComm
IXmlFactory
IRTCRegistrationStateChangeEvent
IIMContacts
IIMSession
IEMClient
IPhotosCtrl
IRTCSessionOperationCompleteEvent
_IChilkatXmlEvents
IScripterProxy
IIMContact
IRTCSessionStateChangeEvent
IMonikerFactory
IForMyDVD
_DPdf
_DPdfEvents
IQuarantinedItemProxy
IRTCMessagingEvent
IRTCPortManager
IRTCCollection
IAttachments
IRTCWatcherEvent
IRTCBuddyEvent
MUICaches (4 fixes)C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AVEZZ4I0\sspsetup1_[1].exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-E70AN.tmp\is-18GUG.tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-59804.tmp\is-GBEJI.tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-C9UJS.tmp\is-CKO31.tmp
AddRemoves (1 fixes)HijackThis 1.99.1
ARPCaches (33 fixes)AdobeESD
HijackThis
KB835409
KB835732
KB842773
KB905495
KB905915-IE6SP1-20051122.175908
KB917283.T1_1ToU93_1
KB922770.T1_1ToU168_1
M886906
Mozilla Firefox (1.5)
Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.12)
Mozilla Firefox ([removed])
Mozilla Firefox ([removed])
Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.6)
Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.7)
Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.8)
Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.9)
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.4)
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.6)
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.7)
Q327979
q330638
Q331958
Spyware Doctor_is1
YInstHelper
{2B257128-0B59-4A88-AFDF-BE12E5F5B9A0}
{2B257128-0B59-4A88-AFDF-BE12E5F5B9A1}
{AC76BA86-7AD7-0000-2550-7A8C40000000}
{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70500000002}
{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70800000002}
{EDCD4CE3-DE92-49A9-87F9-FE09B2FBA16C}
{FCE50DB8-C610-4C42-BE5C-193F46C6F812}
FileExts (15 fixes).2ND
.bin
.dbf
.ex_
.fpt
.hdr
.IDX
.IND
.inx
.part
.pf
.rmt
.STN
.xpi
OpenWithList
MenuOrders (8 fixes)Start Menu2\Programs\AVG Anti-Virus 7.1
Start Menu2\Programs\Eudora
Start Menu2\Programs\Pegasus Mail
Start Menu2\Programs\SpyHunter
Start Menu2\Programs\Spyware Doctor
Start Menu2\Programs\TBN Networks
Start Menu2\Programs\TrojanHunter
Start Menu2\Programs\Zone Labs
Performance TweaksBrowseRemoteTasks=(Delete Key)
CompressOldFiles=(Delete Key)
ContigFileAllocSize=512
NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate=1
There are 3 unwanted programs that are currently starting whenever your system boots. By removing these programs, you will get better performance, lower memory usage, and less clutter in your system tray. We did not find any unwanted programs that start when your system boots. PC Pitstop regularly updates its list of unwanted programs; by using Optimize regularly you can avoid these programs. We identified 22 settings for Windows, Internet Explorer, and/or Firefox that can be tweaked to improve Internet performance. Your settings for Windows, Internet Explorer, and/or Firefox that appear to be tuned for best Internet performance. Using Optimize regularly will help to keep them that way. You skipped Internet optimization; to optimize your Internet connection go back to the first page and select your connection type. We tentatively identified 1 settings that can be tweaked to improve Internet performance. Your drive has 751 junk files totalling 201.37 megabytes. Optimize can clean the Reycle Bin, temporary files, and Internet caches that can clog the drive and cause excessive fragmentation. There were no junk files found on your system. By using Optimize on a regular basis, you can clean the Reycle Bin, temporary files, and Internet caches that can clog the drive and cause excessive fragmentation. There are 200 incorrect or unneeded registry entries from failed program installations, obsolete Windows cached data, or missing files. These may cause incorrect operation of some applications. No problems were found during the registry scan. Use Optimize regularly to prevent problems and keep unwanted junk from accumulating in the registry. To register, enter your purchase information below.
User Name: Email: License Key: I lost my license key!Register Optimize can fix the problems identified by this free scan and keep your system in top shape.
Buy Now!
Upgrade from Optimize 1.5
Download older versions
Download Bandwidth Test Results
Download speed: 24 kilobits per second
Test details: 171 kilobytes downloaded in 58.093 seconds.
Receive buffer size: Not available
Our test determines the time it takes to download a large file to your PC and reports the resulting bandwidth in kilobits per second (Kb/s). Internet congestion can cause wide variations in your results; you may need to test several times to get accurate picture. (See About Bandwidth for a detailed explanation). In general, if your transmission speed is roughly 85 percent of the rated speed for your connection, your setup is tweaked pretty well.
EXTERMANATE
Threat name Catagory Item count
X CD Help Adware 2
detected 2 items on disk associate with 1 threat
anti-virus is downloading software for scan. I'm going to post now and add results after it's scan and add more of test results as I go. The ones with X are the ones still need to run. I'm on dial up.
Tests and Scans
Full Tests
Optimize 2.0
Internet Speed
Spyware Scan
X AntiVirus
X Running Programs
X Data Profiler
X Driver Alert
X Disk Health
Check ActiveX
X Vista Readiness
Please follow in quotes below to post your TechExpress link here. Not the contents, just the link for me please.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review. TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page. Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.
Please do not run anything or change anything until you post your TechExpress Link onto this forum………..thanks
not sure if this is what your meaning, nothing indicates TechExpress Link, not to be ignorant in yellow box right of results
This is in yellow box area, right of the test results, I clicked on last listed to get URL
Antivirus Center
Pitstop Virus Scan
What Is a Virus?
Top 5 Tips
Buy CA Anti-Virus
CA Internet Security Suite
McAfee FreeScan
X… AntiVirus Home link to this ( http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp
I had to google to get my answer, I was in the wrong website for the test. There are two different versions of PcPitstop so I was way off, after all I’m a novice to all of this.
Tallin, here is the correct link, sorry for my ignorance here,
into your reply to this post. This is a sample test that is not relevant to you, but gives you an overview of what you obtain when running a pit test for analysing.
As you can see there are many Customized Tech Tips for you to double click on and follow the suggested tips to correct the problems.
I suggest you work through these and when completed post another pit test for review.
Regarding the Outdated device drivers, do not worry at this stage about that tip as there are more important tips to achieve at this stage.
Could you also go through Add and Remove and uninstall any old software programs you have not used for ages to free up HD partitions especially D:\Drive.
Post back if you need more guidance, I am happy to help you at any time.
Hello Tallin,
I have a problem, I can’t get AVG removed or un-install it. it says it has another AVG running so I get an error message, detected another AVG. I have disabled it in my msconfig. and (ending processes) in running in [alt -control-delete.] I then went and tried to add/remove. same error. I do have the original CD of AVG. 7.1
Spyware Sweeper has everything in it firewall and anti-virus protection.
Also not sure of disabling my HP printer and Open Office, because I work from home, and do allot of printing, but open to go ahead and do it if it doesn't conflict with printing my assignments for work. I use open office for downloading,
I have an old Microsoft Word 95 professional, but Window XP won't recognized it when I'm printing or downloading work from Internet
I had to go to system restore, to my restore point, I remove HPCenter, and had to get it back. I'm now, being very cautious what I'm removing from D drive. add/remove I'm going to defragment files now.
Blessings
Pam
I see you have decided to keep Syware Sweeper as I guess you have paid for it. Are you quite sure it has an Antivirus program as I am not sure which verson you have installed. It shows in the Pit Test as only Antispyware.
I like AVG 7.5 but of course it is your choice.
You have 4 AntiVirus applications on this computer! Make sure that only one of them is allowed to perform real-time detection at a time. When multiple AntiVirus applications try to do real-time detection at the same time, they tend to lock up the computer.
To disable AVG, go to My Computer > Manage> click on Services and Applications in the left pane> Services in the right pane and extend the page by dragging on the lower right edge so it is easier for you to read.
Click on Startup type in the headings at the top > then highlight anything called AVG one at a time, right click > properites> then in the drop down menu scroll to disable. Then to the left of the righ pane at the top, click 'Stop the service'. You will need to do this with all AVG running services, then close it off, reboot and go to Add and Remove and see if you can uninstall AVG once again.
Please do not stop anything you need ie your Printer, Open Office, etc
Only uninstall programs you do not use or are old or you don't know what they are.
I guess you are slowly going through the Customised Tech Tips suggested in the summary of your pit test scan. There is much to do there, and easy enough to follow, but take it slowly as in the end it is very much worth the effort. Do not click on any of the advertisements as that is all they are.
Hello Tallin,
Thank you taking your time in helping me here, much appreciated. I'm going to now work on AVG. I have to try this Webroot product to see if it's all they say it is. My renewal for AVG is in Feb or Mar. and Spyware Doctor also. so I bought a product that had both.
This is what I bought and download all updates/
Software Updates
Important: Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus is now Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware 3-User Pack
New name! Same great protection!
Your Current Version: 5.5.7 (build 103)
The Latest Version: 5.5.7 (build 124)
downloading firewall I thought I downloaded
Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus is now Webroot® AntiVirus with AntiSpyware and Firewall!
New name! Same great protection!
Powerful, multi-layer protection against viruses, spyware, data theft and hackers
Powered by Spy Sweeper®
Now bundled with award-winning firewall protection
This is the upgrade to my package i bought Jan 08, 2008, after lightning hit power surge into modem
Blessings
Pam
I see you have decided to keep Syware Sweeper as I guess you have paid for it. Are you quite sure it has an Antivirus program as I am not sure which verson you have installed. It shows in the Pit Test as only Antispyware.
I like AVG 7.5 but of course it is your choice.
You have 4 AntiVirus applications on this computer! Make sure that only one of them is allowed to perform real-time detection at a time. When multiple AntiVirus applications try to do real-time detection at the same time, they tend to lock up the computer.
To disable AVG, go to My Computer > Manage> click on Services and Applications in the left pane> Services in the right pane and extend the page by dragging on the lower right edge so it is easier for you to read.
Click on Startup type in the headings at the top > then highlight anything called AVG one at a time, right click > properites> then in the drop down menu scroll to disable. Then to the left of the righ pane at the top, click 'Stop the service'. You will need to do this with all AVG running services, then close it off, reboot and go to Add and Remove and see if you can uninstall AVG once again.
Please do not stop anything you need ie your Printer, Open Office, etc
Only uninstall programs you do not use or are old or you don't know what they are.
I guess you are slowly going through the Customised Tech Tips suggested in the summary of your pit test scan. There is much to do there, and easy enough to follow, but take it slowly as in the end it is very much worth the effort. Do not click on any of the advertisements as that is all they are.
Please post back when you need to,
kind regards,
I went through and found 3 AVG to stop, and rebooted, then went to add/remove/ I got the same error message.
Installer initialization failed due to the following error:
Undefined error: Internal error. Dialog with id "AnotherAvDetectedDlg" was not found in the setup.
Pam what is showing in Add and Remove regarding AVG please? Tell me the exact name/reference if AVG is installed/showing.
Please go to start > Programs > have a good look in there and see if AVG is showing installed. To put the programs in Alphabetical order, right click on one of them and scroll down to "sort by name".
I suggest you go to this link and download Windows Install Cleanup to your desktop - please don't use it until you post back with the answers to the above two questions.
You could also go to My Computer > open > click on the drive where your applications are installed > look in Program Files > and see if you can find a folder called Grisoft. If it is there, tell me what is in it please. Again do not do anything until you answer this question also.
Hope this helps you and we will solve this in the end.
I did go to program files in my computer when I went into HP Pavillion, Windows file, which I did see two files with Avg , maker Grisoft and Grisoft2, didn't do anything with them when I was there not knowing damage I could do if I deleted them. In all programs/ AVG 7.5 which has AVG Control Center, AVG Test Center, AVG Virus Vault , and Uninstall AVG, which during trying to remove it in previous time try here to do it.
I just came back here from run TechExpress, again how much does memory cost? doesn't look like I'm in good shape there.
I am making notes from your last pit test and will compile a reply when I return. In the meantime Reduce your System Restore space for C:\Drive, and perhaps look at your toolbars on your Browsers and reduce to only one of your choice. Do this through Add and Remove.
Regarding Memory, it is imperative you get the correct memory so download from this link and it will tell you what your existing memory is and whether your machine can take another stick. Suggest you get an experienced IT to install it for you if you are not competent to do it yourself.
In the meantime please also clear your junk files as there is still 200MB showing in C:\Drive.
Hope the above helps.
kind regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI