Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91987 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

unstable browser faints away on websites

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

This is the problem before email issues, which are resolved now. When I went to the Trendmicro for free virus and adware scan, during download of the scanner browser fainted away. I would go back to site to proceed and the same thing happened. Spyware Doctor found 13 dangerous adware and quarantine them. Microsoft was going to help me, but wanted me to use there software virus adware scanner 90 days free. Didn't want to go that rout. AVG didn't find anything, either. Later my modem ran very slow. could be the lightning strike to surge protector. Had to call HP which at one time I had tech support. The tech was kind and told me to go buy a new modem. for $29.00 or less. at Office Depot. while there , sales man said virus and adware attack modems too.. so bought Webroot's Spy Sweeper with anti virus protection. I installed new modem, I got rid of Spyware Doctor and AVG, and downloaded Spyweeper and updates, then went in safe-mode to run scanner, it found nothing. now everything seams good. but last night went to a website I enjoy that I forgot address and google it. My browser faints away each time I attempted website loading. I had to close out tab to website, on Firefox browser to get to this tab for whatthetech site. This is the website I went to www.fairfaxpresby.com/spiritual_spa/index.html I hope you can help me as you have before. :thumbup: Blessings Pam :D

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

Hi Pam,

Sorry you are having problems with your machine. Below is the message I get when I attempted to load your website in quotes below.

This is the website I went to
www.fairfaxpresby.com/spiritual_spa/index.html

<H1>Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

I suggest you do a PCPitstop test to give us a full overview of your system by following:

http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.</H1>The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are "flashed" onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

kind regards,

#3 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Thank you Tallin for taking this on for me. here are the scan results. My java and Active X were disabled and didn't know it. On the website, address above, remove the l at the end of address, site vanish fast, so I couldn''t copy and paste it. www.fairfaxpresby.com/spiritual_spa/index.htm/ C:\ ... ings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp486 files, 179.26 MB C:\ ... calService\Local Settings\Temp9 files, 0.07 MB C:\ ... orkService\Local Settings\Temp1 files, 0.00 MB Recycle Bin C0 files, 0.00 MB Recycle Bin D0 files, 0.00 MB IE cache255 files, 22.04 MB Internet performanceScanned 14 items Firefox performanceScanned 16 items Ping245 milliseconds avg CLSIDsScanned 4338 items ProgidsScanned 4919 items AppPathsScanned 104 items TypelibsScanned 598 items InterfacesScanned 7506 items MUICachesScanned 211 items AddRemovesScanned 304 items ARPCachesScanned 240 items FileExtsScanned 115 items MenuOrdersScanned 49 items System performanceScanned 8 items Startup programsScanned 24 items Download speed112KB, 36.70 sec; 24 kbps Junk FilesTemporary Files (496 files, 179.32 MB)C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp Recycle Bins (0 files, 0.00 MB)C:\Recycler D:\Recycler Internet Caches (255 files, 22.04 MB) Internet SettingsHTTP (2 changes recommended)MaxConnectionsPerServer=5 MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server=5 TCP/IP (4 changes recommended)MTU=1492 EnablePMTUBHDetect=1 TcpMaxDupAcks=2 TcpWindowSize=34848 Firefox (16 changes recommended)ui.submenuDelay=0 content.interrupt.parsing=true content.max.tokenizing.time=3000000 content.maxtextrun=8191 content.notify.backoffcount=5 content.notify.interval=750000 content.notify.ontimer=true content.switch.threshold=750000 nglayout.initialpaint.delay=500 network.http.max-connections=32 network.http.max-connections-per-server=6 network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy=8 network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server=4 network.http.pipelining=true network.http.pipelining.maxrequests=8 network.http.proxy.pipelining=true Startup ProgramsFree Download Manager (Missing startup file) updateMgr (Missing startup file) HotKeysCmds Registry FixesCLSIDs (32 fixes)Component Categories Interface TypeLib Special Effects ActiveXPlugin Object General Options DDCManager Class MyDVDAPHandler Class PSFactoryBuffer ItemInstaller_AMenu Class Arcsoft LPCM Decoder MyDVDComm Class ForMyDVD Class ArcSoft Mpeg Writer LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Decoder LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Encoder Property Page LEAD MCMP/MJPEG About Property Page About XmlFactory Class RTCIMService Class DownloadMgr Class Mozilla PalmSync EMClient SD Object PSFactoryBuffer ChilkatXml Class PhotosCtrl Class ItemInstaller Class MyDVDRecord Class Eudora's Shell Extension Hotmail Attachments Control {FC9E740F-6058-11D1-8C66-0060081841DE}f Progids (44 fixes)Eudora.Stationery URL:Acrobat Protocol AcroExch.Sequence\DefaultIcon Directory Class Container Alg.AlgSetup\CLSID Alg.AlgSetup.1\CLSID Bookshelf '95 Connection Manager Profile Connection Manager Profile Connection Manager Profile Microsoft DirectAnimation Path Microsoft DirectAnimation Sequence Microsoft DirectAnimation Sequencer Microsoft DirectAnimation Sprite Microsoft DirectAnimation Structured Graphics DSP Class DSPDMOProp_Chorus Class Eudora Eudora Mailbox Eudora Mailbox Eudora Stationery Eudora Stationery Template Printer class CUITestConfig Class pdf_auto_file\shell\Read\Command Plenoptic Class Plenoptic Class Corel Presentations 10 Runtime Corel Presentations 10 Runtime QUALCOMM PureVoice File QUALCOMM PureVoice File RTCClient Class RTCClient Class EBankProblem Object QuarantinedItemProxy Object ScripterProxy Object Microsoft Visual FoxPro Application 5.0 WBEM Connection WBEM Locator PublishCntr for WMP 7.0 PublishCntr for WMP 7.0 x-eudora-option\shell\open\Command ZAMailSafe\DefaultIcon ZAMailSafe\shell\open\Command AppPaths (8 fixes)arcsoft.exe cmmgr32.exe Eudora.exe HP IntelliMover Demo hpi_upvm.exe ORUN32.EXE PCDoctor.exe yourapp.Exe Typelibs (13 fixes)Microsoft ActiveX Plugin Chilkat Xml 4.1.0 Microsoft Schedule+ 7.0 Object Library YPhotos 1.0 Type Library UserBroker library ShowBizComm 1.0 Type Library ProtectorExe 1.0 Type Library DDCMan 1.0 Type Library protector_dllLib MyDVD 1.0 Type Library Microsoft WinRTC Instant Messaging Provider 1.0 Type Library HMAtchmt 1.0 Type Library DDCActiveMenu 1.0 Type Library Interfaces (42 fixes)IActiveXPlugin DActiveXPluginEvents IRTCMediaEvent IRTCParticipantStateChangeEvent IIMSessions IMyDVDRecord IRTCEventNotification IMyDVDComm3 IRTCDispatchEventNotification DMsgrObjectEvents IEBankProblem IChilkatXml IRTCClientEvent ISearch IUserBroker IStatusEvents IRTCIntensityEvent IMyDVDComm2 IVideoWindow IMyDVDComm IXmlFactory IRTCRegistrationStateChangeEvent IIMContacts IIMSession IEMClient IPhotosCtrl IRTCSessionOperationCompleteEvent _IChilkatXmlEvents IScripterProxy IIMContact IRTCSessionStateChangeEvent IMonikerFactory IForMyDVD _DPdf _DPdfEvents IQuarantinedItemProxy IRTCMessagingEvent IRTCPortManager IRTCCollection IAttachments IRTCWatcherEvent IRTCBuddyEvent MUICaches (4 fixes)C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AVEZZ4I0\sspsetup1_[1].exe C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-E70AN.tmp\is-18GUG.tmp C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-59804.tmp\is-GBEJI.tmp C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-C9UJS.tmp\is-CKO31.tmp AddRemoves (1 fixes)HijackThis 1.99.1 ARPCaches (33 fixes)AdobeESD HijackThis KB835409 KB835732 KB842773 KB905495 KB905915-IE6SP1-20051122.175908 KB917283.T1_1ToU93_1 KB922770.T1_1ToU168_1 M886906 Mozilla Firefox (1.5) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.12) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.3) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.4) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.6) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.7) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.8) Mozilla Firefox (1.5.0.9) Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.4) Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.6) Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.7) Q327979 q330638 Q331958 Spyware Doctor_is1 YInstHelper {2B257128-0B59-4A88-AFDF-BE12E5F5B9A0} {2B257128-0B59-4A88-AFDF-BE12E5F5B9A1} {AC76BA86-7AD7-0000-2550-7A8C40000000} {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70500000002} {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70800000002} {EDCD4CE3-DE92-49A9-87F9-FE09B2FBA16C} {FCE50DB8-C610-4C42-BE5C-193F46C6F812} FileExts (15 fixes).2ND .bin .dbf .ex_ .fpt .hdr .IDX .IND .inx .part .pf .rmt .STN .xpi OpenWithList MenuOrders (8 fixes)Start Menu2\Programs\AVG Anti-Virus 7.1 Start Menu2\Programs\Eudora Start Menu2\Programs\Pegasus Mail Start Menu2\Programs\SpyHunter Start Menu2\Programs\Spyware Doctor Start Menu2\Programs\TBN Networks Start Menu2\Programs\TrojanHunter Start Menu2\Programs\Zone Labs Performance TweaksBrowseRemoteTasks=(Delete Key) CompressOldFiles=(Delete Key) ContigFileAllocSize=512 NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate=1 There are 3 unwanted programs that are currently starting whenever your system boots. By removing these programs, you will get better performance, lower memory usage, and less clutter in your system tray. We did not find any unwanted programs that start when your system boots. PC Pitstop regularly updates its list of unwanted programs; by using Optimize regularly you can avoid these programs. We identified 22 settings for Windows, Internet Explorer, and/or Firefox that can be tweaked to improve Internet performance. Your settings for Windows, Internet Explorer, and/or Firefox that appear to be tuned for best Internet performance. Using Optimize regularly will help to keep them that way. You skipped Internet optimization; to optimize your Internet connection go back to the first page and select your connection type. We tentatively identified 1 settings that can be tweaked to improve Internet performance. Your drive has 751 junk files totalling 201.37 megabytes. Optimize can clean the Reycle Bin, temporary files, and Internet caches that can clog the drive and cause excessive fragmentation. There were no junk files found on your system. By using Optimize on a regular basis, you can clean the Reycle Bin, temporary files, and Internet caches that can clog the drive and cause excessive fragmentation. There are 200 incorrect or unneeded registry entries from failed program installations, obsolete Windows cached data, or missing files. These may cause incorrect operation of some applications. No problems were found during the registry scan. Use Optimize regularly to prevent problems and keep unwanted junk from accumulating in the registry. To register, enter your purchase information below. User Name: Email: License Key: I lost my license key!Register Optimize can fix the problems identified by this free scan and keep your system in top shape. Buy Now! Upgrade from Optimize 1.5 Download older versions Download Bandwidth Test Results Download speed: 24 kilobits per second Test details: 171 kilobytes downloaded in 58.093 seconds. Receive buffer size: Not available Our test determines the time it takes to download a large file to your PC and reports the resulting bandwidth in kilobits per second (Kb/s). Internet congestion can cause wide variations in your results; you may need to test several times to get accurate picture. (See About Bandwidth for a detailed explanation). In general, if your transmission speed is roughly 85 percent of the rated speed for your connection, your setup is tweaked pretty well. EXTERMANATE Threat name Catagory Item count X CD Help Adware 2 detected 2 items on disk associate with 1 threat anti-virus is downloading software for scan. I'm going to post now and add results after it's scan and add more of test results as I go. The ones with X are the ones still need to run. I'm on dial up. Tests and Scans Full Tests Optimize 2.0 Internet Speed Spyware Scan X AntiVirus X Running Programs X Data Profiler X Driver Alert X Disk Health Check ActiveX X Vista Readiness

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:04 PM

Hello Pam,

Please follow in quotes below to post your TechExpress link here. Not the contents, just the link for me please.

Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Please do not run anything or change anything until you post your TechExpress Link onto this forum...........thanks

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 18 January 2008 - 11:06 PM.

#5 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

results URL
http://www.pcpitstop...rus/AVClean.asp

not sure if this is what your meaning, nothing indicates TechExpress Link, not to be ignorant in yellow box right of results

This is in yellow box area, right of the test results, I clicked on last listed to get URL
Antivirus Center
Pitstop Virus Scan
What Is a Virus?
Top 5 Tips
Buy CA Anti-Virus
CA Internet Security Suite
McAfee FreeScan
X... AntiVirus Home link to this ( http://www.pcpitstop...rus/default.asp

I had to google to get my answer, I was in the wrong website for the test. There are two different versions of PcPitstop so I was way off, after all I’m a novice to all of this.

Tallin, here is the correct link, sorry for my ignorance here,

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop...R7RSWHJFFGS9PDG

Blessings,
Pam

Edited by Lady_Pamela, 19 January 2008 - 02:40 PM.

#6 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

Pam,

After you run the pit test, click on

Share Results with
Posted Image

Then cut and paste the entire link that looks like this:
http://www.pcpitstop...P7RSWABBTVSVADG

into your reply to this post. This is a sample test that is not relevant to you, but gives you an overview of what you obtain when running a pit test for analysing.

I hope this assists you.

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 19 January 2008 - 04:16 PM.

#7 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

Tallin, I had edited and added to my post above the TechExpress link, we must have posted the same time., thank you. :thumbup:

http://www.pcpitstop...R7RSWHJFFGS9PDG

Blessings,
Pam
:D

#8 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hello again Pam,

:thumbup: Well done, we all have to learn.

As you can see there are many Customized Tech Tips for you to double click on and follow the suggested tips to correct the problems.

I suggest you work through these and when completed post another pit test for review.

Regarding the Outdated device drivers, do not worry at this stage about that tip as there are more important tips to achieve at this stage.

Could you also go through Add and Remove and uninstall any old software programs you have not used for ages to free up HD partitions especially D:\Drive.

Post back if you need more guidance, I am happy to help you at any time.

kind regards,

#9 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hello Tallin, I have a problem, I can’t get AVG removed or un-install it. it says it has another AVG running so I get an error message, detected another AVG. I have disabled it in my msconfig. and (ending processes) in running in [alt -control-delete.] I then went and tried to add/remove. same error. I do have the original CD of AVG. 7.1 Spyware Sweeper has everything in it firewall and anti-virus protection. Also not sure of disabling my HP printer and Open Office, because I work from home, and do allot of printing, but open to go ahead and do it if it doesn't conflict with printing my assignments for work. I use open office for downloading, I have an old Microsoft Word 95 professional, but Window XP won't recognized it when I'm printing or downloading work from Internet I had to go to system restore, to my restore point, I remove HPCenter, and had to get it back. I'm now, being very cautious what I'm removing from D drive. add/remove I'm going to defragment files now. Blessings Pam

#10 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

Hello Pam,

I see you have decided to keep Syware Sweeper as I guess you have paid for it. Are you quite sure it has an Antivirus program as I am not sure which verson you have installed. It shows in the Pit Test as only Antispyware.

I like AVG 7.5 but of course it is your choice.

You have 4 AntiVirus applications on this computer! Make sure that only one of them is allowed to perform real-time detection at a time. When multiple AntiVirus applications try to do real-time detection at the same time, they tend to lock up the computer.

To disable AVG, go to My Computer > Manage> click on Services and Applications in the left pane> Services in the right pane and extend the page by dragging on the lower right edge so it is easier for you to read.

Click on Startup type in the headings at the top > then highlight anything called AVG one at a time, right click > properites> then in the drop down menu scroll to disable. Then to the left of the righ pane at the top, click 'Stop the service'. You will need to do this with all AVG running services, then close it off, reboot and go to Add and Remove and see if you can uninstall AVG once again.

Please do not stop anything you need ie your Printer, Open Office, etc

Only uninstall programs you do not use or are old or you don't know what they are.

I guess you are slowly going through the Customised Tech Tips suggested in the summary of your pit test scan. There is much to do there, and easy enough to follow, but take it slowly as in the end it is very much worth the effort. Do not click on any of the advertisements as that is all they are.

Please post back when you need to,

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 20 January 2008 - 12:10 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

Hello Tallin, Thank you taking your time in helping me here, much appreciated. I'm going to now work on AVG. I have to try this Webroot product to see if it's all they say it is. My renewal for AVG is in Feb or Mar. and Spyware Doctor also. so I bought a product that had both. This is what I bought and download all updates/ Software Updates Important: Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus is now Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware 3-User Pack New name! Same great protection! Your Current Version: 5.5.7 (build 103) The Latest Version: 5.5.7 (build 124) downloading firewall I thought I downloaded Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus is now Webroot® AntiVirus with AntiSpyware and Firewall! New name! Same great protection! Powerful, multi-layer protection against viruses, spyware, data theft and hackers Powered by Spy Sweeper® Now bundled with award-winning firewall protection This is the upgrade to my package i bought Jan 08, 2008, after lightning hit power surge into modem Blessings Pam

Edited by Lady_Pamela, 20 January 2008 - 10:13 AM.

#12 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hello Pam,

I see you have decided to keep Syware Sweeper as I guess you have paid for it. Are you quite sure it has an Antivirus program as I am not sure which verson you have installed. It shows in the Pit Test as only Antispyware.

I like AVG 7.5 but of course it is your choice.

You have 4 AntiVirus applications on this computer! Make sure that only one of them is allowed to perform real-time detection at a time. When multiple AntiVirus applications try to do real-time detection at the same time, they tend to lock up the computer.

To disable AVG, go to My Computer > Manage> click on Services and Applications in the left pane> Services in the right pane and extend the page by dragging on the lower right edge so it is easier for you to read.

Click on Startup type in the headings at the top > then highlight anything called AVG one at a time, right click > properites> then in the drop down menu scroll to disable. Then to the left of the righ pane at the top, click 'Stop the service'. You will need to do this with all AVG running services, then close it off, reboot and go to Add and Remove and see if you can uninstall AVG once again.

Please do not stop anything you need ie your Printer, Open Office, etc

Only uninstall programs you do not use or are old or you don't know what they are.

I guess you are slowly going through the Customised Tech Tips suggested in the summary of your pit test scan. There is much to do there, and easy enough to follow, but take it slowly as in the end it is very much worth the effort. Do not click on any of the advertisements as that is all they are.

Please post back when you need to,

kind regards,

I went through and found 3 AVG to stop, and rebooted, then went to add/remove/ I got the same error message.

Installer initialization failed due to the following error:
Undefined error: Internal error. Dialog with id "AnotherAvDetectedDlg" was not found in the setup.

Blessings,
Pam

#13 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

Pam what is showing in Add and Remove regarding AVG please? Tell me the exact name/reference if AVG is installed/showing.

Please go to start > Programs > have a good look in there and see if AVG is showing installed. To put the programs in Alphabetical order, right click on one of them and scroll down to "sort by name".

I suggest you go to this link and download Windows Install Cleanup to your desktop - please don't use it until you post back with the answers to the above two questions.

You could also go to My Computer > open > click on the drive where your applications are installed > look in Program Files > and see if you can find a folder called Grisoft. If it is there, tell me what is in it please. Again do not do anything until you answer this question also.

Hope this helps you and we will solve this in the end.

kind regards,

#14 Lady_Pamela

Lady_Pamela

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hello Tallin,

I did go to program files in my computer when I went into HP Pavillion, Windows file, which I did see two files with Avg , maker Grisoft and Grisoft2, didn't do anything with them when I was there not knowing damage I could do if I deleted them. In all programs/ AVG 7.5 which has AVG Control Center, AVG Test Center, AVG Virus Vault , and Uninstall AVG, which during trying to remove it in previous time try here to do it.

I just came back here from run TechExpress, again how much does memory cost? doesn't look like I'm in good shape there.

http://www.pcpitstop...R7RSWHJFFGSMZDG

Blessings,
Pam

Edited by Lady_Pamela, 20 January 2008 - 04:36 PM.

#15 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Pam,

I have to go out for a spell.

I am making notes from your last pit test and will compile a reply when I return. In the meantime Reduce your System Restore space for C:\Drive, and perhaps look at your toolbars on your Browsers and reduce to only one of your choice. Do this through Add and Remove.

Regarding Memory, it is imperative you get the correct memory so download from this link and it will tell you what your existing memory is and whether your machine can take another stick. Suggest you get an experienced IT to install it for you if you are not competent to do it yourself.

In the meantime please also clear your junk files as there is still 200MB showing in C:\Drive.

Hope the above helps.

kind regards,