This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

w32.Trats!inf infection, Vundo seems gone

88 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi :)

Please copy and paste the text in the code box into Notepad (Go to Start > Run, type Notepad and hit Enter)

@echo off

ren "C:\WINDOWS\system32\urlmon.dll" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\urlmon.old"
copy /y  "C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB942615-IE7\SP2QFE\urlmon.dll" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\urlmon.dll"
exit

Go to File > Save As:. Save the file as "FixFile.bat" (Including the quotes)

Double-click on FixFile.bat to run the file.

Reboot your computer.

Let me know whether that worked, and what problems remain.

I did that earlier, install an additional time? Second time? OK, I am on it

Yeah, when that's done run FindFile.bat a second time and post the resultant log.
SImon, Results AFTER 2nd installation of IE.7 and additional findfile search. Good luck and happy hunting…. ———————– Volume in drive C is OLD windows Volume Serial Number is 980A-B85D Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB928090\SP2QFE 01/25/2007 06:24 AM 616,960 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 616,960 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB931768-IE7\SP2QFE 03/07/2007 11:40 AM 1,153,024 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,153,024 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB933566-IE7\SP2QFE 04/25/2007 03:08 AM 1,153,536 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,153,536 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB937143-IE7\SP2QFE 06/27/2007 08:40 AM 1,154,048 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,154,048 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB939653-IE7\SP2QFE 08/20/2007 04:02 AM 1,161,728 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,161,728 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB942615-IE7\SP2QFE 10/10/2007 05:47 PM 1,162,240 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,162,240 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ 08/23/2001 05:00 AM 452,096 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 452,096 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB834707-IE6-20040929.115007$ 08/23/2001 05:00 AM 452,096 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 452,096 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB928090_0$ 08/04/2004 12:56 AM 601,088 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 601,088 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\ie7 01/25/2007 06:24 AM 616,960 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 616,960 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\ie7updates\KB933566-IE7 03/07/2007 11:45 AM 1,150,464 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,150,464 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\ie7updates\KB942615-IE7 08/13/2007 06:54 PM 1,162,240 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,162,240 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 08/04/2004 12:56 AM 601,088 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 601,088 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32 08/13/2007 06:54 PM 1,162,240 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,162,240 bytes Directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache 08/13/2007 06:54 PM 1,162,240 urlmon.dll 1 File(s) 1,162,240 bytes Total Files Listed: 15 File(s) 13,762,048 bytes 0 Dir(s) 10,671,292,416 bytes free
Will take a bit to download and install. Are we getting near the end? What is your opinion on all the instability I had in December; multiple crashes, difficulty booting up on start up, Blue screen of Death, was a bit better after warming up if that matters. Overall it was driving us crazy, shutting down at the most inopportune times. Like I said I have a new hardware MB BioStar K8M800 Micro AM2R AMD/A64 X2 4000+ 2.1 G AM2 IGB new DII8000 RAM I guess I should install once the software virus issue resolved?
Arrgghhh :wall: Crashed 30 seconds into the scan, installed without Kaspersky easily but then the crash will try again. Hope it was hardware related.

Hope it was hardware related.

I don't, software issues are resolved more easily ;)

I have no idea about the instability you experienced previously. That could've been anything, and since I don't know the hardware and software situation at that moment, I can't say what happened.

You should wait with the hardware upgrades until after we're done. We're nearing the end, if the Kaspersky scan comes up clean, you should be good to go.
Simon

I have no idea about the instability you experienced previously. That could've been anything, and since I don't know the hardware and software situation at that moment, I can't say what happened.

Yes, you have been most helpful and we won't go down that road… the hardware is sitting in a box and too many days have passed to return it. It will be a minor upgrade and I will WAIT a week or so to see if the software/virus issues are resolved before I install the hardware.

You should wait with the hardware upgrades until after we're done. We're nearing the end, if the Kaspersky scan comes up clean, you should be good to go.

At the end of the section/post regarding the Kaspersky you wanted copies of Combofix, Kaspersky online scan and a new HiJack this log. Do you still need all three or just the Kaspersky?

THanks
hank
Simon V, OK, two logs. Now Kaspersky is about 7 % complete at 24 minutes, it may speed up once it finishes laboring throught the C drive. SO far 6 viruses and 24 infeted objects. I suspect you will be fast asleep before this is complete. I will post when it is done, thanks for all your help today. Bon soir Hank
Simon, the system is will not load windows….it starts to launch and then reboots from the bios. A blue screen appears telling me to check hardware, memory, the usual stuff I have had for the last 30 days. Hopeless…..ugh

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI