Hello:
My Name is Denise and I have been reading the forums and posts and I greatly admire your work and skill. I egan to experience Internet browser problem and malware removal ads splashed allover my browser.
Being new I hoped someone would help me, figure out what exactly is wrong with my system. I receive AV report win32.trats virus is present and has been cleaned/quarantined.
I had to revert back from IE7 to Ie 6 as it wouldn't allow any dowloads, I could not even ask question in this forum.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Denise
Installed on my computer
Spybot S & D Latest version
Symantec client security 9.0 AV
rogues removal kit from elitekiller.com
Combofix—ran once and log report only.
HJT- Never ran not sure how to do
WIN xp Sp2
IE 6
Welcome to WhatThetech. There is so much to read and learn but for starters for you I would suggest you consider running a HJT log and posting it in the correct forum. Please follow the link below to accomplish this.
The Experts are very busy so you may have to wait your turn for the log to be analysed. Please don't answer your own log as the accredited volunteers look for logs in turn unanswered in the list.
Hi Tallin:
Nice to meet you.
Thank you for the the direction.
I have a little problem HJT wont start message states "MSVB60 DLL not found" try reinstalling HJT.
I did as requested and read the links you provided. I started a Thread in other forum
Was going to post HJT Log and cannot.
Ill work on it and try to post there with it soon.
Regards
Denise
Hi Denise Manager,
Glad to see you have had success in posting your HJT log in the correct forum.
From now on it is just a waiting process until an accredited volunteer answers your log.
Good luck and hope it will be attended to soon,
kind regards,
Dear Tallin:
I was wondering..I noticed the "tech classroom" along with your name.
I am waiting for service, ( not a problem I realize how busy the site is) But I really began to wonder, would the tech classroom consider enrolling a Non IT person such as myself to become a volunteer in training?
After this frustration, and reading about the growing problems in this area. My estimation is the site will only get busier and the volunteers more taxed. If you have a chance let me know I am interested.
Regards
Denise
Hi Denise
Thank you for your post and may I say it is a great idea of yours to help others……….very rewarding I have found.
To join the Tech Classroom to fight Malware you need to apply to this link. This is a full on committment of over a year as I understand it getting out of it what you put in. As the teachers give of their valuable time in teaching accepted applicants, naturally they are asking for that committment.
I did not do that. I simly became a member here, read continually, then started to post as I learned the more simple answers to Members questions. Naturally there are Administrators and Moderators that drive this forum who noticed that in a small way I was contributing, so one day I received a PM inviting me to join the Tech Class which please understand is a different classroom from the link given above. I have no committment as such, but have found I do enjoy helping more than I first thought so a small part of my day to day priority is now given to WTT.
So to clarify my position it is small and only earned with posts contributed and is by invitation only from "the big boys".
So Denise, either get posting like I did or apply to join the Classroom linked above.
Go to this link if you have been waiting for more than 5 days and post a gentle reminder regarding your log and the day it was posted. More Malware fighters are desperately needed as you can see by the swamped HJT Forum the volunteer experts there are indeed struggling to keep up.
Best regards, and a very successful and rewarding New Year to you.
I am in the classroom and a beginner. It's a bit intimidating considering I dont know all that much. I have been reading and learning. 1 yr Commitment No Problem married over 20 years LOL.
I guess Ill be seeing you around on here. Just wanted to wish you a good day and say hello. Wish me luck!