FireFox is fast for a few minutes and then exhibits the same problem..probably the NIC///
what is the proper procedure for re-establishing the drivers for the NIC
Right down the card you have.
Intel Pro 100 VE.
Now I would go into Device Manager and uninstall the NIC by Right Clicking on it and select uninstall.
Reboot and let windows install it.
Tried a known good NIC from an older PC, Dlink DFE530
Same problem Browser works for 3 minutes then quits loading. The funny thing is that email continues to work as does ping. So the onboard NIC is probably ok.
This problem surfaced Sunday, when I attempted to remove Zonealarm. We cleaned that up as you recall.
Should I reload it? Maybe it’ll release something?????
Also Outlook Express is slow to load, but runs well.
I’m reaching
tried your last suggestion with no positive results
I'm currently posting while operating in "Safe Mode w/ Networking"
I may try and load ZoneAlarm and see if the problem goes away.
from my mosa recent log files is there a process running in the background that could be causing the browser to go dead?
Problem appears to be solved..
I re-installed zone allarm and the pc is like a ferrari
thanks for your patience and help
should we scan this one more time for viruses and trojans?
in my child alternate session of XP he gets a program not found error associated with the trojan we removed
mllmn.exe, mllmn.dll
how do I address this?