📎startuplist_TE_27th_Dec.txtHi All,
I am unable to run various Windows XP tools on my laptop. When I try to start programs such as taskmanager, disk defrag, computer management or event viewer I get an hour glass briefly then nothing else. I have completed a full scan of my laptop with both adaware and my anti virus (Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.2.621) which yeilded nothing except for some tracking cookies (adaware) and the following dlls (Kaspersky)
wmphost.dll
wmpdev.dll
which have all been removed. The only other things is Kaspersky has picked up the following dll this morning:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{9D7A6590-EA17-4EEA-AB1B-CA0289365616}\RP410\A0097723.dll
I have attached my hijack this logs and startup list to the post. Any assistance wouldbe greatly appreciated. I have also attached as much of an msinfo export that I could
Thanks / Regards
Tony
Hi Tallim,
Thanks for you prompt response and apologies for not reading the guide before posting. I will follow those instructions in the future. For now I believe I have solved the problem myself. I noticed in the HJT log that there was a process call odbcconfb.exe running, googling this shows 1 website which recognises it as a threat so I removed it in safe mode then restarted, everything now works correctly. I note that my anti virus (Kaspersky) and viruslist.com don't yet recognise it.
Happy New Year to you too.
Rgds
Tony
Pleased you have your system sorted but feel free to post a HJT log if you feel it will help you.
No apology necessary re format and forum posting. Above where I am typing and where you will be reading this reply is a heading "How too ask for Technical Help in Hardware/Software Forums". Onmost threads there is help regarding the correct way to post for help. However we are pleased you have chosen WhatThetech as your assistance forum and we will be glad to help you anytime.
kind regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI