This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Infected PLEASE HELP

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I think my computer is infected I cant run my AV and I.E and Firefox keep on randomly closing. Spybot wont work and ad-aware keeps on shutting down half way through scans - I cannot even post on the Hi-Jack this forum - Hi-jack this wont even open. Please help

Hi

I think my computer is infected I cant run my AV and I.E and Firefox keep on randomly closing. Spybot wont work and ad-aware keeps on shutting down half way through scans - I cannot even post on the Hi-Jack this forum - Hi-jack this wont even open. Please help


Hi Manicd,

I have bought your last post to the attention of the Volunteer Experts on the HJT forum, please be patient as they are very busy and will get back to you as soon as your turn comes around.

kind regards,
If you have not yet posted a HJT log, then I recommend boot into Safe Mode and then try to run your scans. If you already posted a log, wait for their response.
I did a scan in safe mode with AVG's scanner (in safe Mode) as my AV isnt working and it didnt pick up anything accept cookies. Im really at a loss
manicd, Please wait until you are contacted by the experts from HJT Forum or a Moderator. As afore mentioned the forum is busy so do have patience. kind regards,
Just a few things to try for the HJT scan:

1. Rename HijackThis.exe to something else, e.g. scanner.exe.

2. Try different version - what version are you currently trying to use? (I'll provide links for others).

3. Try booting into safe-mode (reboot computer, tab F8 as Windows is loading, select Safe Mode and hit enter).

If you can get HijackThis to run at all, save the log on your computer, and then post it in this topic if need be.

Otherwise, hopefully an expert will be able to help soon.
Ive tried two different HJT installers and they both dont work. The first one which was already installed on my system and another Ive downloaded and tried to install from another location. Shall I try to install it and run it in safe mode? Or can you provide another link to a download. PS I cant access the HJT forums Thank You
ok, we're gonna have to wait for an expert I'm afraid, this is beyond me now. As tallin said, this topic has been brought to the attention of the Malware Experts, so the wait shouldn't be too long.
While you're waiting, boot to Safe Mode and see if you can create a new, Administrator id. If so, try logging on to it from a normal boot, see if you can run HJT (renamed to scanner.exe) from there or see if you can browse the HJT forum. If you're using IE, click on Tools then Manage addons and disable all addons, see if that allows you to browse the forum.

While you're waiting, boot to Safe Mode and see if you can create a new, Administrator id. If so, try logging on to it from a normal boot, see if you can run HJT (renamed to scanner.exe) from there or see if you can browse the HJT forum.

If you're using IE, click on Tools then Manage addons and disable all addons, see if that allows you to browse the forum.


Hi


Its still not letting download HJT or Browse the HJT forums even with the recommendations made above :(

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI