I'm wondering whether it can worked around by adding the email address that WTT uses to send out notifications to the accounts address book. Perhaps then the spam filter will see the email address is there and ok it.
It appears Windows Live (Hotmail) is blocking email notifications from WTT.
We are working on this.
Towards the Top Right of your screen: My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant
If you have a topic (s), please use "My Controls" > under Subscriptions click View Topics
That will show your topic and if there's been any replies.
I am not having email problems on WTT - BUT I was until today on PCPitstop. Sometime ago IntelGuy spent much time trying to correct this for me to no avail. I was using the same reply email on both forum profiles.
Today I had a go at it and all is now okay.
All I did was change my email notification on PCpitstop to my yahoo.com email address and notifications began to arrive.
If anyone has a Yahoo.com email address perhaps it may be worth trying here on WTT.
I'm wondering whether it can worked around by adding the email address that WTT uses to send out notifications to the accounts address book. Perhaps then the spam filter will see the email address is there and ok it.
No joy there, its in my address book and in my "safe" addresses list.
Looks like Hotmail has taken a paranoid pill!
Well currently I guess there's little that can be done about it, bloody annoying because it's such a widely used email provider, I imagine many of the average users at this site use it.
Looks like Hotmail has taken a paranoid pill!
Well currently I guess there's little that can be done about it, bloody annoying because it's such a widely used email provider, I imagine many of the average users at this site use it.
That's another issue. How many people have posted for help and we reply but they don't get any notification.
I have sent windows live (hotmail) the issues were having. I have had 1 reply so far so we are trying to fix it along with the person Blair is working with.
At this point my guess is WTT generates a huge amount of email so it just might be that hotmail is seeing it as a bulk emailer.
If I were you, I'd do the same and let windows live know about the issues as well. That way they won't look at it as just a single user issue.
I find I am unable to start a new topic in What The Tech News.
I also see that "Email down" topic by LDTate has been moved which I can no longer access.
I wanted to let Admin know that my notification emails are coming through to my designated address in my profile…. randomly, and also to my 'Junk Box' set up by my ISP. This certainly has not happened before to receive notification emails from two sources.
My email notifications are going to my Junk folder at the Post Office of my ISP. To recover them I go to it through my log in of my ISP and transfer them into my Inbox of my email program which is OE………….phew ! it is the long way around but I do finally get to see them.
Blair, I understand this is a real problem for your Forum and wish you success in it being corrected in 2008.
Good luck and a very Happy New Year to you and your family.
My email notifications are now coming through to my designated email address in my profile.
Thanks to whoever corrected the problem as it all makes keeping up with my posts so much easier.
All the best for the New Year to everyone.