Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

All members who use Hotmail

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

It appears Windows Live (Hotmail) is blocking email notifications from WTT.
We are working on this.

Towards the Top Right of your screen: My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant

If you have a topic (s), please use "My Controls" > under Subscriptions click View Topics
That will show your topic and if there's been any replies.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

I'm wondering whether it can worked around by adding the email address that WTT uses to send out notifications to the accounts address book. Perhaps then the spam filter will see the email address is there and ok it.

Edited by EnigmaChick, 29 November 2007 - 07:24 PM.

I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

It appears Windows Live (Hotmail) is blocking email notifications from WTT.
We are working on this.

Towards the Top Right of your screen: My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant

If you have a topic (s), please use "My Controls" > under Subscriptions click View Topics
That will show your topic and if there's been any replies.

I am not having email problems on WTT - BUT I was until today on PCPitstop. Sometime ago IntelGuy spent much time trying to correct this for me to no avail. I was using the same reply email on both forum profiles.

Today I had a go at it and all is now okay.

All I did was change my email notification on PCpitstop to my yahoo.com email address and notifications began to arrive.

If anyone has a Yahoo.com email address perhaps it may be worth trying here on WTT.

good luck,

#4 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:44 AM

I'm wondering whether it can worked around by adding the email address that WTT uses to send out notifications to the accounts address book. Perhaps then the spam filter will see the email address is there and ok it.

No joy there, its in my address book and in my "safe" addresses list.

Proud Graduate of the TC/WTT Classroom

At weekends (GMT) I may not be able to reply promptly due to various commitments. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Need help remembering those important computer maintenance tasks? Let SCars do it for you.

Posted Image

#5 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:18 AM

Looks like Hotmail has taken a paranoid pill! :lol: Well currently I guess there's little that can be done about it, bloody annoying because it's such a widely used email provider, I imagine many of the average users at this site use it.

Edited by EnigmaChick, 30 November 2007 - 05:18 AM.

I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#6 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:39 AM

Looks like Hotmail has taken a paranoid pill! :lol:
Well currently I guess there's little that can be done about it, bloody annoying because it's such a widely used email provider, I imagine many of the average users at this site use it.

That's another issue. How many people have posted for help and we reply but they don't get any notification.
I have sent windows live (hotmail) the issues were having. I have had 1 reply so far so we are trying to fix it along with the person Blair is working with.

At this point my guess is WTT generates a huge amount of email so it just might be that hotmail is seeing it as a bulk emailer.

If I were you, I'd do the same and let windows live know about the issues as well. That way they won't look at it as just a single user issue.

#7 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:37 PM

Well I'm not using it for here but for those who do here, I agree they should address it to Microsoft.

Edited by EnigmaChick, 30 November 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#8 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

:unsure: I find I am unable to start a new topic in What The Tech News.

I also see that "Email down" topic by LDTate has been moved which I can no longer access.

I wanted to let Admin know that my notification emails are coming through to my designated address in my profile.... randomly, and also to my 'Junk Box' set up by my ISP. This certainly has not happened before to receive notification emails from two sources.

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 18 December 2007 - 04:59 PM.

#9 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:59 AM

As far as I know both Hotmail and Yahoo should be working again.

#10 tetonbob

tetonbob

Authentic Member

• Malware Expert
  • 107 posts
  • MVP

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

I can verify that Hotmail is working. :thumbup:
Proud Member of UNITE since 2006

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2009 - 2015

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

Seems to have stopped working in the last few hours again for me - Hotmail.

At weekends (GMT) I may not be able to reply promptly due to various commitments. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Need help remembering those important computer maintenance tasks? Let SCars do it for you.

Posted Image

#12 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

My email notifications are going to my Junk folder at the Post Office of my ISP. To recover them I go to it through my log in of my ISP and transfer them into my Inbox of my email program which is OE.............phew ! it is the long way around but I do finally get to see them.

Blair, I understand this is a real problem for your Forum and wish you success in it being corrected in 2008.

Good luck and a very Happy New Year to you and your family.

kind regards, :wavey:

#13 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

Strangely, I got the notification for that reply, perhaps it was just a temp thing...

Posted Image

#14 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:59 PM

Strangely, I got the notification for that reply, perhaps it was just a temp thing...

Glad you got something out of my last post.

Happy NewYear to you and good posting in 2008

kind regards,

#15 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

:thumbup: My email notifications are now coming through to my designated email address in my profile. Thanks to whoever corrected the problem as it all makes keeping up with my posts so much easier. All the best for the New Year to everyone.