Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Happy Birthday WinPatrol!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TeMerc

TeMerc

MalwareBytes

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Monday, November 19th is the 10th Anniversary of the public release of WinPatrol. ( 70 in dog years ). This program was originally created for friends and family after I had a machine infected with a clever trojan designed to steal my AOL password. Below is a screen shot of WinPatrol 1.0 which still runs today but has obviously improved a great deal since 1997.

Going through my old backup CDs I was pleased to find some great video and audio of our friends spreading the news about WinPatrol. Keep in mind what you see and hear is about an old version. The interviews will tell you more about BillP and WinPatrol then you ever cared to know.

I never really advertised WinPatrol so its international popularity is due completely to friends. The majority of new features came as suggestions from friends of Scotty. So, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of you who have encouraged and supported my WinPatrol project. It’s been a rewarding ten years.

Bits From Bill w\ links to interviews

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

70 in dog years

:lol:

Congrats to Bill (and Scotty), and a great product! :thumbup:
Posted Image

#3 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

Congrats to Bill (and Scotty), and a great product! :thumbup:

I second that. Woof.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-