We will be moving this site to a new server, and have scheduled it for November 14th at 10PM Eastern Standard Time. We anticipate it will take less than an hour, and will try to keep the downtime to a minimum. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
I've been getting mail all day. Regarding the server move. it could be a DNS delay in the mx record with some ISPs. However, we use zoneedit and the actual mx record change happens almost instantly. Regarding the email issues last week, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that, but will continue to look into it.
I am also seriously considering outsourcing email to Google Aps, or Windows Live Custom Domains. They both have advantages, and disadvantages.
I think we have the problem narrowed down, and it should be resolved sometime tomorrow (beyond our control). It's only affecting a few email providers.
What does that mean? It doesn't mean Gmail does it?
To you, it would probably mean the option of a whatthetech.com email address if you wanted it. For those already with wtt email addresses, it would mean better spam filtering, and easier access, like on mobile devices. There are also some benefits server side. The differences and features of each would be a topic for another post.
Still no here.
Maybe it's my email provider
All email issues should now be resolved. No emails should be appearing in spam boxes, all email notifications should be delivered, and wtt.com email address should be working again. Both email client, and webmail.
If you still have issues, shoot me a PM, use the BugTracker or reply here.