This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My laptop infected with HTEPO Virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Team: My laptop has been infected by HTEPO virus. When I start my laptop I get a ton of pop-up window that my machine has been infected. I see two shortcuts created on my machine, somthing line online secutiy and their target is www.htepo.com. Everytime I delete them, when I connect my laptop to the internet it comes back again. Also, when I use symantec I get a file cvlepbsj.exe in system32 folder. When I try to dlete thiis file it tells me I cannot delete it cause its been in use. When I go to processes to end this exe file, it comes back immedialtely. Please Help!!! I cannot get rid of this virus.
Howdy hitesh,

Welcome to WTT. We'll need to get some diagnostic information here first so we can see about repairs there. If net access from this computer is too difficult, you can either try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking (at startup tap F8 and select that option), or download the files to a different computer to transfer over.


Please download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. After it is installed open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log back here for review.


Also go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI