Dargoroth
Topic Starter
Hey there, I've been transfered to this section, because this is meant to be your area of expertise.
Basically, when I boot Windows, the desktop appears for a few seconds while it loads, then totally disappears. I manage to open Firefox by clicking on the default browser button on my Keypad, otherwise I can't do anything. I've tried ctrl, alt + delete to access the task manager, and nothing happens. There also is no start menu, lol, there's nothing, I can only move in between programs with alt + tab….. =/
I hadn't installed anything new/strange at the time. The effect just seemed totally random.
I've tried removing the problem with the latest update of Spybot S&D, I've tried AVG anti-virus, and I've tried AFT; they've all been successful in removing 'harmful files', but not successful in eliminating the problem.
Anyways, I did try and get a log from HijackThis, but it just keeps closing itself when I attempt to save the logfile.
I've also tried doing the screen-shot method. Which meant going into C:\\WINDOWS\System32\mspaint.exe, but this didn't work either. Anything that could help, just refuses to load.
It seems impossible to return to a restore point, because there is no way to gain access to the Control Panel or any other System Tools found on the start menu. I've tried running CMD from the WINDOWS/System32 folder, and opening Control Panel from there. It begins to load something, then stops, and nothing opens.
This randomly happened while I was playing World of Warcraft a few weeks ago.
It was fine one second, then WHOOPH, everything disappeared.
On the bright side, it was working this morning, and I was able to save a log of the HijackThis scan, and saved it, before everything disappeared again.
I also took advantage of the computer working for a short amount of time, and attempted to System Restore. Although this was unsuccessful, as it would not let me restore to any of the previous restore points, which was quite annoying >_>
Anyways, I don't really know what to make of it anymore. I really hope you guys can help =/
Here's the HijackThis log I made today:
[Added as attachment, please no HJT logs posted here. –Ax]
Any ideas what it could be? Heard of anything like it before?
wb, please.
Basically, when I boot Windows, the desktop appears for a few seconds while it loads, then totally disappears. I manage to open Firefox by clicking on the default browser button on my Keypad, otherwise I can't do anything. I've tried ctrl, alt + delete to access the task manager, and nothing happens. There also is no start menu, lol, there's nothing, I can only move in between programs with alt + tab….. =/
I hadn't installed anything new/strange at the time. The effect just seemed totally random.
I've tried removing the problem with the latest update of Spybot S&D, I've tried AVG anti-virus, and I've tried AFT; they've all been successful in removing 'harmful files', but not successful in eliminating the problem.
Anyways, I did try and get a log from HijackThis, but it just keeps closing itself when I attempt to save the logfile.
I've also tried doing the screen-shot method. Which meant going into C:\\WINDOWS\System32\mspaint.exe, but this didn't work either. Anything that could help, just refuses to load.
It seems impossible to return to a restore point, because there is no way to gain access to the Control Panel or any other System Tools found on the start menu. I've tried running CMD from the WINDOWS/System32 folder, and opening Control Panel from there. It begins to load something, then stops, and nothing opens.
This randomly happened while I was playing World of Warcraft a few weeks ago.
It was fine one second, then WHOOPH, everything disappeared.
On the bright side, it was working this morning, and I was able to save a log of the HijackThis scan, and saved it, before everything disappeared again.
I also took advantage of the computer working for a short amount of time, and attempted to System Restore. Although this was unsuccessful, as it would not let me restore to any of the previous restore points, which was quite annoying >_>
Anyways, I don't really know what to make of it anymore. I really hope you guys can help =/
Here's the HijackThis log I made today:
[Added as attachment, please no HJT logs posted here. –Ax]
Any ideas what it could be? Heard of anything like it before?
wb, please.