It is looking good on this end. No more pop ups, I can change the wall paper and everything. Thank you! Is there anything else I should do? Should I delete any of the things I have used?
Thank you again! Flash
hi flashsrus,
ok good.your welcome– you can go to start>run. and type in combofix /u then hit enter. there is a space after combofix, anything else can be manually deleted.
just to make sure nothing got archived in system restore, you can make new restore points like this:
You must be logged in as an Administrator to do this. If you are not logged in as an Administrator, the System Restore tab will not be displayed.
Turning off System Restore will clear out all previous restore points.
To turn off Windows XP System Restore:
NOTE: These instructions assume that you are using the default Windows XP Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. To re-enable the default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not Classic) and then click OK.
1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
2. Reboot. (will delete possibly infected restore points)
3. Turn ON System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
4. Reboot (new clean restore point)
————————————————–
visit my prevention tips, link below.
happy safe surfing
shelf life