This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Help! Cannot Open Microsoft Word Files!

37 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

It's been a few days . you still with me ? I am leaving the 10th of October and will be gone for 5 days. Were almost done here let's finish this.
Is Nortons asking for the product key to uninstall it ?
I thought that's what we were doing.

If that's happening using the uninstall program from add/remove programs try the link I provided for there uninstaller.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…005033108162039

Keep me posted.
OH I get it.
They're asking you to be sure and save your product key in case you decide to reinstall Nortons. Which in light of all that it has done I don't think your going to want to .



BUT!
Did you buy this product or did it come preinstalled on your computer?

If it was preinstalled when you bought the computer you should have this product on a recovery disk. Which may mean to reinstall it you'll have to reinstall everything at it was from the factory.

If you bought this product on a CD you will have to contact Norton them selve to see if you can get another activation key.

If you don't think you will use this product again. Just continue on with downloading the removal tool.
To register Avast:
It will run correctly for 30 days without registration. So if it's installed now your safe for the moment. But let's get it registered. This will let it continue updating for about a year .

go here .
http://www.avast.com/eng/home-registration.php

and choose

I'm a new user and I need a registration key for avast! Home Edition

__________________________________


To turn off windows firewall:

Click Start, click Run, copy this or type Firewall.cpl exactly, and then click OK.

Choose off (not recommended).
i tried typing Firewall.cpl but the reply was that windows cannot find "firewall.cpl" could i register avast after that 1 year?
I'm not sure but I think you can reregister avast after 1 yr. Eventually though you will have to pay for a decent antivirus program someday.

________________________________________

Click start /run COPY this in eaxactly then hit OK.

Netsh winsock reset


Now try turning the firewall off.
i'm worried that my comp is infected with another virus. just now, it suddenly switched off and the resolution went berserk. the screen flashed across like a film playing… avast also gave me several errors saying that it could not update. something like the registration was terminated. i'm not sure wat that meant. hopefully i'm not giving you more problems. sorry! but microsoft word is working fine now. Thanks a lot! =) and something else, while i was trying to get my computer to work by restarting a few times, my internet connection broke off and somehow when i tried to reboot, it told me that i had a firewall installed. i'm not really sure wat it meant though..
and quite a few times, hijackthis icon was shown to be unavailable on desktop. apparently, it has been deleted or moved but i dint touch it at all.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI