Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

What The Tech Irc Chat Room Open

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

There isn't one.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

So, that means that we cannot use Live Chat feature of this forum?

#18 Leurgy

Leurgy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

Actually there is, but I have been the only one in there for quite some time. I hang around around to keep the room registered or else it will be dropped from the server due to inactivity.

Very few forum users have visited, but I have had some successes helping people which is very gratifying. Of course, even though I am logged in 24/7, I'm not always available, nor am I always able to help people outside my areas of expertise. When I can't help I refer the users to the appropriate forum.

As IRC Chat Staff at G2G I felt I would at least occupy the chat to keep it viable. Its a shame more forum members don't participate.

Each forum page has a link to the "Live" Chat at the top. Live Chat

#19 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

yes, I never find anyone there...so I thought this is not working...

#20 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

We've reserved the IRC channel name, but have removed the live chat links. It may return in the future.
Posted Image

#21 Elizabeth Clare

Elizabeth Clare

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:IT, Science, Theology, Performing Arts, Physiology, Psychology, Inner/Family/Community/World Peace, Health and Prosperity

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

:o Hi! I was wondering if I opened up a "Chatzy" account for all the WTT Community to use (and it's simple & free), could I do so? May I have permission? To whom should I ask permission? I've used this in conjuction with other forums and they worked great. I'm just wondering if I could do this until the IRC Chat Room reopens. Would this be OK ? :huh:
Yours newly in Technology,
ELIZABETH CLARE
Proud WTT Member

#22 hamsheena

hamsheena

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Technology, social media, cycling

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:58 AM

Thank you for letting me know about the What the Tech IRC chat channel hosted by wyldryde. It sounds like a great opportunity to connect with other tech enthusiasts and learn from each other. I appreciate you providing the options for connecting to the chat, including the Java applet for those who don't have an IRC client. I'll definitely check it out and see if I can join the conversation. Thanks again for sharing this

#23 Aaron_B

Aaron_B

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:13 AM

I'd drop by when I can, but I see it's not open right now... maybe if enough people show interest or if someone were to offer to supervise the chatroom, maybe it could work again.