Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Goodbye Tomcoyote.org -- Hello Whatthetech.com

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Blair, Good name, Good, history, heritage and parentage Good reputation, Good training Good knowledge and skills Good communications and good professional colleagues who are prepared to share their knowledge and experience. What more could anyone of us ask for! :thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

I like it . :thumbup:

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

#18 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

By the way, if things look goofy. Try Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh. :thumbup:
Posted Image

#19 soxrok

soxrok

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

aww cute- congrats g-pa

#20 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

TomCoyote.org will become WhatTheTech.com sometime very soon. All internal and external links should automatically redirect. If you have links on your websites or signatures, we ask that you change them to reflect the new URL: http://www.whatthetech.com

While the focus of this site is clearly computer security, and likely will be for a long time, there is also quality help provided in the Other Computer Problems forum. It is probably long overdue some more attention, and expansion.

Welcome to WhatTheTech.com! :D

:scratch: All I can do is to wish you the best of luck Blair. I will continue to do the best I can in helping out where possible.

best regards,

I know this is off topic but there's a tech classroom?
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#21 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

Just wondering what's with the name changes? Like Freshman team and such. Also I missed the reason why it the site needed or was choice to change it's name. BTW, what's the new link going to be or is for the donation page so I can change my link in my signature?
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#22 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

I dont think its worth a dayam... guess im stuck in my ways... aint one to wish bad on anyone though, regaurdless of the reason, so good luck...hope it works out well for all ya'll... wont be seeing me around here again.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#23 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Just wondering what's with the name changes? Like Freshman team and such.

Changes were necessary and we have received positive feedback. :)

Also I missed the reason why it the site needed or was choice to change it's name.

http://forums.tomcoy...com_t82615.html
Let's move on please. ;)

BTW, what's the new link going to be or is for the donation page so I can change my link in my signature?

There is a lot to do and we will attend to each as we can, thanks everyone for your patience.

Cheers.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-

#24 'KotaGuy

'KotaGuy

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Like the new name... new look is sleek too :)

#25 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Changes were necessary and we have received positive feedback. :)

I wasn't trying to be offensive , I was just surprised a bit but then again I haven't been keeping up with the whole thing as much as I probably should have been, sorry!

http://forums.tomcoy...com_t82615.html
Let's move on please. ;)

Again didn't mean any offense, I read about the reason after I asked the question, well I hope he is happy in the rest of his life. :)

There is a lot to do and we will attend to each as we can, thanks everyone for your patience.

That's fine, I just wasn't sure what the progress was on it currently but I now understand it might take a little while, no big issue there!

Edited by EnigmaChick, 26 August 2007 - 04:38 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Like the new name... new look is sleek too :)

:thumbup:

[I wasn't trying to be offensive , I was just surprised a bit but then again I haven't been keeping up with the whole thing as much as I probably should have been, sorry!

No offence taken. :)

:wavey:

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-

#27 Blade81

Blade81

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, football, music, computers..
  • MVP

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

Congrats. I'm not first one to say this but new name does look great :D
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 ASAP & UNITE member since 2006

#28 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:24 AM

I know this is off topic but there's a tech classroom?

Let's call it a beta tech classroom. It's really not practical to teach everything needed to reply to 'other computer problems', the way it is to teach malware. However, we are watching for people offering quality replies, and working with them. We'll see where it goes.

Just wondering what's with the name changes? Like Freshman team and such. Also I missed the reason why it the site needed or was choice to change it's name.

BTW, what's the new link going to be or is for the donation page so I can change my link in my signature?

The names of the usergroups were changed to keep them more inline with the new name of the site, and to make their role clearer. Class are participating in a classroom. Teaching will always be important here. Team members are trusted helpers that can work unsupervised, and generally without assistance.

Regarding the name change, I'm afraid I won't be able say much more than has already been said. Suffice it to say that for a number of reasons Tom's activity here has been declining. For reasons only known to himself he chose to start another site. We wish him all the best.

We're still discussing donations, but that page should be refreshed soon.

We are taking this opportunity to make a number of changes, hopefully all for the better, and without changing too fast. The helpers, and the people needing help will always come first.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas to improve the site, please post them here, or feel free to contact myself or any member of the admin team.
Posted Image

#29 kevin76

kevin76

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:25 AM

Congrats, the new name and the design are great !
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 little eagle

little eagle

spyware hawk

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts
  • Interests:spyware

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

On the front page some links are dead like "Resolved HJT Logs ........forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=46 :weee:

Edited by little eagle, 27 August 2007 - 06:51 AM.