This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bsod Irq Not Less Or Equal! + More

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

It started out with LUsbFilt.sys BSOD, went to "Hijackthis Malware ….." and LDT helped me running down probs there. The last Hijack log was clean 25min ago, but I´m still having issues! Taskmanager is running at 35 - 95% constantly, Panda internet security tells me EAccsess vilolation when I try to open it but it´s running shaded in TM. I´ve deleted all logitech programs, I´m using L MX lazermouse + G15 kbd, Saitek X 52 joy combo + pro pedals, TIR 3 VE, Augigy 2Z sound, Leadtech WinFast PX8800GTS 320 Mb vid, Core2DUO 6420, 700W PSU, 1 Seagate 250 Gb and 2 Maxtor 160 Gb HDDs, OCZ one pair of 1Gb PC6400 mem, MB MSI P6N sli, Zalmans biggest cpufan, 2 120mm casefans, no heat issue so far, but still I get BSOD. The last two were clean "IRQ…." with no reference to any program, process or file. I have a bunch of minidumps and 2 fulldumps that I cannot interpret. All the main components are less than 1 month old, MB,PSU, CPU, GPU, mem and screen. I had the rig in for service 1 week ago for this BSOD thing but when I got it back first thing was a BSOD after ONE hr! Service couldn´t find any hardware probs so Here I am begging for help!! Right now I´m off to bed, has to start work tomorrow after 5 weeks of vacation, so I´ll be back tomorrow at ca 1800GMT+2 (or zulu+2) :unsure: PS running XP pro SP2 + all updates until today, windows defender and Panda internet security 2007, a hardware firewall in the netgear router.
So it´s monday and I´m back for an hour or so, RL is pushing.
Here´s a HJT logfile from today in safe mode

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:39:38, on 2007-08-13
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.handelsbanken.se/jarna
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.pandasoftware.com/redirector/?p…rt&lang=swe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Länkar
O2 - BHO: Länkhjälp till Adobe PDF Reader - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program\Delade filer\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NaturalPoint] C:\Program\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\TrackIR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Profiler] C:\Program\Saitek\Software\ProfilerU.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiMfd] C:\Program\Saitek\Software\SaiMfd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDVDDET] C:\Program\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\DVDAudio\CTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBDrvDet] C:\Program\Creative\SB Drive Det\SBDrvDet.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\Program\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioHQU] C:\Program\Creative\SBAudigy2ZS\AudioHQ\AHQTbU.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTXFIREG] CTxfiReg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Fraps] C:\FRAPS\FRAPS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [nHancer] "C:\Program\KSE\nHancer 32bit\nHancer.exe" /tray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: IL-2 Manager PF.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311T Wireless Assistant.lnk = C:\Program\NETGEAR\WG311T\wlancfg5.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Personal.lnk = C:\Program\Personal\bin\Personal.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\npjpi160_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java-konsol - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\npjpi160_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{1F2AA8E4-9D1E-4A3C-9010-852C68EE46AC}: NameServer = 195.58.103.124,195.58.103.18
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{1F2AA8E4-9D1E-4A3C-9010-852C68EE46AC}: NameServer = 195.58.103.124,195.58.103.18
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{1F2AA8E4-9D1E-4A3C-9010-852C68EE46AC}: NameServer = 195.58.103.124,195.58.103.18
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Program\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program\Delade filer\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: nHancer Support (nHancer) - KSE - Korndörfer Software Engineering - C:\Program\KSE\nHancer 32bit\nHancerService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Software Controller - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\PsCtrls.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Delade filer\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Antispam Engine (pmshellsrv) - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\AntiSpam\pskmssvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Host Service (PSHost) - Panda Software International - c:\program\panda software\panda internet security 2007\firewall\PSHOST.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\psimsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: Stuffit Archive Name Service - Smith Micro Software, Inc. - C:\Program\Smith Micro\StuffIt11\ArcNameService.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software International - C:\Program\Panda Software\Panda Internet Security 2007\TPSrv.exe
HJT log head from last time I booted in "full mode":

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:39:38, on 2007-08-13
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)

HJT was declared clean from the guys at HJT forum!
I had the following topic running but no response: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Bsod_Irq_Not_L…ore_t82196.html
Someone please!
Can you also help me on running memtest 86+. Found the SW but no info on how to use!
I ran Orthos blend for 48 hrs and large fft for 25 hrs no fault reported and I want to run memtest86+ too but find no way to get it going!
Hi Pelle_H… i suppose you're getting the blue screen of death nag screen when that Irq Not Less Or Equal apears… This kind of error message could be related to hardware or software issues. you would get help faster and it would be more helpful too if you give or indicate the complete exact words of the error message with the number/code included. See what your Event log tells you (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer, right click > Properties. I dunno if this would be applicable to you… a related problem happen to my old machine… after a power interruption happened. what i did was turn the PC off and unplug the power cord… i turned on unplugged PC to drain off electricity left on the machine then, remove the battery for 5 mins… place it back again… plug the power cord and turn my PC… at startup it detected some invalid setting on the BIOS… i choosed teh option to its default… then, windows loaded well… my machine is up until now.
Hi Pelle H, I have just had a good look at your post and need to clarify, please, my understanding of the position Tell me please if I have correctly understood the position: 1 You replaced all the major components in your machine including the motherboad around about the middle of July 2007 2 You had an HJT log declared clean 4 weeks later (was there infection found?, if so provide link to your topic in malware removal please. 3 All hardware was professionally checked in first week of August and declared, servicable with no problems or recommendations. 4 You are having serious instability problems and with BSOD 5 Can you boot into normal mode? (I see you sent a HJT log in safe mode) 6 Is stability better in safe mode? 7 When you replaced the motherboard did you carry out a reformat and fresh installation of Windows? 8 If yes to Q7 did you update/install fresh drivers? Please post back here in this thread with the answers to the above and we will do our best to help Regards paws
I´ll take them by numbers: 1 Yes 2 No malware found 3 Declared functioning after service had fixed some win systemfiles. 4 Definately!! 5 Sometimes it runs for <20 min and other times BSOD after login! 6 Never BSOD in safe mode at all (so far) 7 No (now I´m really blushing all over, cause this solution never occured to me! But then I´ll have to do the whole sp1 sp2 tapdance again, wouldn´t I?) 8 Even though I didn´t reformat and all, I refreshed my drivers, all but the Creative ones for SB i used drvers stored on my HDD.
Here's your opening statement in the other thread, where Paws responded:

It started out with LUsbFilt.sys BSOD, went to "Hijackthis Malware ….." and LDT helped me running down probs there. The last Hijack log was clean 25min ago, but I´m still having issues!
Taskmanager is running at 35 - 95% constantly, Panda internet security tells me EAccsess vilolation when I try to open it but it´s running shaded in TM. I´ve deleted all logitech programs, I´m using L MX lazermouse + G15 kbd, Saitek X 52 joy combo + pro pedals, TIR 3 VE, Augigy 2Z sound, Leadtech WinFast PX8800GTS 320 Mb vid, Core2DUO 6420, 700W PSU, 1 Seagate 250 Gb and 2 Maxtor 160 Gb HDDs, OCZ one pair of 1Gb PC6400 mem, MB MSI P6N sli, Zalmans biggest cpufan, 2 120mm casefans, no heat issue so far, but still I get BSOD. The last two were clean "IRQ…." with no reference to any program, process or file.
I have a bunch of minidumps and 2 fulldumps that I cannot interpret.

All the main components are less than 1 month old, MB,PSU, CPU, GPU, mem and screen. I had the rig in for service 1 week ago for this BSOD thing but when I got it back first thing was a BSOD after ONE hr! Service couldn´t find any hardware probs so Here I am begging for help!!

Right now I´m off to bed, has to start work tomorrow after 5 weeks of vacation, so I´ll be back tomorrow at ca 1800GMT+2 (or zulu+2) unsure.gif

PS running XP pro SP2 + all updates until today, windows defender and Panda internet security 2007, a hardware firewall in the netgear router.


Nice Machine!!! :)

Unfortunately, you did not describe which hardware items are new, and which are from your previous build, if any.
That might help.

There may be specifics that you can perform to resolve this current problem, but that would be no guarantee that other problems, even BSOD problems, wouldn't occur at some later time during some other specific use of your machine.
__________

An Operating System "installs" to accommodate the specific hardware components that exist in a machine.
Therefore, the "old" operating system is "looking" for specific components to be available at specific locations in a specific time-sequence.

You've changed some hardware. IF you changed very much of it, your Operating System may not "recognize" necessary components at specific locations and specific times, when called for.
The result would be: BSOD, as both Paws and Hurricane Andrew have pointed out.

Though it is a major task, it makes most sense to Format and Reinstall your Operating System.
That way, it will "install" to recognize the new hardware.

It does no good at all, for a perfectly good Operating System, to call for a perfectly good piece of hardware, but call for it too-early, or too-late, or find that it responds too-early, or too-late.
Might just as well not be there at all.

Reinstall in the following order:
Operating System
SP2 if not included on prior installation CD
DirectX 9.0c
ChipSet Drivers
Firewall
AntiVirus
MS Updates (critical Updates and patches)
AntiSpyware
Hosts File

Then peripheral and application files.
___________-

Keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards
THX for you eplaining this to me, I never thought of my problem in this way. To clairify what I did.
I upgraded PSU from 580 w to 700 w, that wouldn´t be detected by OS I think!?
Also new MB as the old was fried by lightning, same brand type and so on, new GB nVidia 6800 GTS -> 8800 GTS, new memsticks 533 MHz -> 800 MHz, but I didn´t format and reinstall windows! Is this the culprit? Then I feel kind`a dumb here, I haven´t realized the problem could be on this level.
So what I need to do in your opinion is a format C: and reinstall Windows!? (After backing up all essetials, mind you!)
OK as soon as real life is allowing me (would be later this week) I´ll report back the progress, I would think I have some results by friday evening, GMT +2.
I read somewhere there is a way to attach SP2 into a windows install disc to have it all in one istallation, whereby I wouldn´t have to do the whole DL tapdance after installation. Can you show me the way? Or am I out in the blue?
I´d like to have it all done at once and reinstall my Panda internet security before going online again with my desktop rig!
I also posted answers to the Q asked by Paws here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Bsod_Irq_Not…ore_t82196.html
a few hrs ago if those answers can give you more clues to what I need to do!
I´ll be back tomorrow (tuesday) for a quick look if you have more advices for me then I have to be off at least until thursday night befor doing anything else.
Greatful for your tips this far.

PS To Hurrycane Andrew, I´ll try to find the logfile you mentioned, I wonder if a minidump would be of any assistance too?
I have a few!
Greetings Pelle H

I read somewhere there is a way to attach SP2 into a windows install disc to have it all in one istallation, whereby I wouldn´t have to do the whole DL tapdance after installation. Can you show me the way? Or am I out in the blue?


Yes, you read correctly. The process is called Slipstreaming.

You will need:

1. A legitimate copy of Xp on cd.

2. A copy of sp2 downloaded from microsoft ( most likely be named WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe.)Availible here

3. A program called Isobuster ( a free to try program that can be downloaded) latest version is IsoBuster 2.1 build 2.1.0.2

4. A cd/dvd burning software, such as Nero or Roxio

5. A set of instructions.

A general set of instructions can be seen at TheElderGeek-Slipstreaming

A more indepth instruction can be seen at PcStats beginners guide to Slipstreaming.

No doubt you will see the advice for using windows update or automatic updates for aquiring sp2, the sp2 file was really made for making a network image that would live on a server somewhere so you could update a number of computers at the same time. But you will be creating a cd you are going to carry with you.
You you get to be the network server and use the sneaker network (refering to the shoes on your feet) to deliver the image.

Regards

Kaz.
Hi Pelle H., Following the excellent advice and information provided by Kazzoo on slipstreaming sp2 into a new Windows installation disc, I think it is an a useful tool to have and I recommend you make one. I think that when you replaced the motherboard it would have been correct to have reinstalled Windows. This is considered to be standard/best practice in the trade. We often have machines come to the workshop where someone (not us!) has replaced the motherboard but not carried out a fresh install. Usually the machines soon begin to display similar symptoms to those you describe. When we install a new motherboard for a customer we automatically do a fresh installation of Windows and find that this provides the cure! It is possible to get away (sometimes) without doing this ……….. but you have to be very….. very…… lucky. Regards paws
I´m back home again and I´ll start tomorrow following your steps to a healthy PC. I´ll report back as soon as I´m on track again. I do thank you all for your assistance this far! See ya`

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI