This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Needing A Program ?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I need a program that will display random names & numbers. After I input names or numbers I need it to shuffle up the info & spit out a random name/number ? Is there something out there ? Like a raffle ticket shuffle etc . I need it for a laptop running XP. Can someone please help ? Thanks, MLOR :scratch:
I'm not sure what you want to accomplish.
Maybe a little more information would narrow the focus a bit?

Google is your friend when it comes to discovering various resources.
However, you should be cautious about running unfamiliar programs that have not received review from reputable sources.

http://www.google.com/search?q=random+name…lient=firefox-a


You may find "some" review of such utilities at
PCWorld
CNET
PC Magazine
MajorGeeks

Best Regards
Thanks Doug, I am trying to run a poker tournament. I need to input all players name in the database & then randomly allocate seating. I also need to shuffle up names & then extract 1 lucky winner. etc etc. I hope that makes better sense for you. Cheers. MLOR. :scratch:
Hey, you've been to tournaments before? If you have only a few tables…. Assign the first table seating in order of sign-up/arrival. (the first 11 people to table 1, second group to table 2, etc. On each table Fan a suited sequence A-K face down at each table. Players draw for their seat. A= seat position #1 and 2=#2, proceeding counter-clockwise. _____ Personally, I'd rather do it that way than deal with complaints and squables about "how you randomized" or how you assigned table/seating. Put it on them! If you will be having more than 5 or 6 tables, then you will easily find someone amongst the invited players who subscribes to one of the favorite poker magazines that have advice on how to run tournaments. (that person is also likely to be familiar with data-bases and randomization and could help manage your seating) Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI