This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

How Do I Get Rid Of This From My Pc?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. How do I completely get rid of these files from my PC? They are: mbsrm32.exe and mbssm32.exe …it is REALLY irrtating me! Hope you can help! Cheers.
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

You need to post a HijackThis log.

you can get a complete installer that installs HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HijackThis, making an entry in the start menu and also providing a desktop shortcut from http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/HJTsetup.exe.

Click on the link and select Save, save it to your desktop and double click HJTsetup.exe.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.
When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here please use the [Add Reply] button below.
Hi. System has since had a mega crash and I've had to completely reformat. Many thanks however! I now know where to come in future :)
Sorry about the crash :blink:

If you dont have any programs like these, I would recommend that you get them.
Spywareblaster,
Spywareguard.


Also get a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Do not use Ad-aware if you have McAfee's VirusScan and AntiSpyware


Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI